Everything has disappeared from my game

Options
laureyanne
laureyanne Posts: 35 Level 2

I have done everything suggested and still nothing. Support just says not every event is available to all players. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

Best Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @laureyanne

it's true that not all events can be available and that cannot be changed by the player but your game map is not even displaying the current theme of Battle season either (Bubblegum Troll VS Yeti) and no 3D characters in front of the fountain. so unless there's a connection issue behind it and/or app & device are not up to date, this should go away by itself while playing eventually and game should load the current map.

• when did this blank map start appearing? When was the last time you saw a themed background?
    • does your device have at least have 2 GB?
    • which device do you use to play Soda? (make and model)
    • which is the latest version of OS software installed in your device? (e.g android 11, iOS 15.5 etc)
    • which is the latest version of Soda app installed in your device?
  • laureyanne
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, mine is 1.233.3. Thanks for the help finding that. I cleared my cache and lost all my boosters, I thought that only happened with clear data. So now I'll keep on trying since there is nothing to lose. Hope y'all are having fun with whatever event is happening! Thank you for the help!

Answers

• Kells913
    Kells913 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I’ve had a similar problem. I get a message saying there is no internet connection and network error for the past week. I’ve tried logging into my account and got the no internet connection message. I’ve tried reaching out to support for help and got none. So I uninstalled and installed the app as a last ditch effort and tried to log into my account and got the same no internet connection message. Can anybody help me?

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hello @laureyanne and welcome to Soda community

If you don't see any connection error being displayed in profile settings of Soda app, then you might need to insist with troubleshooting steps to help the app reconnect to the servers. It's not uncommon to see blank map like this in the game, especially after updating the app 🙂

---

• Do you read a connection error ("there was a connection errror, try again in a bit") when you visit profile settings in soda app? Let me know

If you don't see it, please go ahead and:

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times
    • additionally try to play any level, close and restart Soda app and repeat this to help your game reconnect to King servers and reload theme map and events

*it depends on on the type of the device. Read all details here.

If you own Android mobile, visit device Settings - Apps - Candy Crush Soda Saga - Storage - Clear Cache. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

If you own Apple mobile, visit Settings - Safari - Clear History and Website Data

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @Kells913

If you see this error:

then the only solution is to reinstall the app, I'm afraid. Because of this error, the app is offline and you can't contact Player Support and ask them to look into into it.

• laureyanne
    Options

No error message. I have been in contact tact with support. They told me "clearly and concisely" that not all events were available to me because they are constantly testing. I have done all of the above, but will try it again now that I have been able to update. Thank you!

• laureyanne
    Options

Ok, I've followed the suggestions. Still nothing. I guess I just play to progress now? Lol

• Pitty_Kitty
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @laureyanne

it's true that not all events can be available and that cannot be changed by the player but your game map is not even displaying the current theme of Battle season either (Bubblegum Troll VS Yeti) and no 3D characters in front of the fountain. so unless there's a connection issue behind it and/or app & device are not up to date, this should go away by itself while playing eventually and game should load the current map.

• when did this blank map start appearing? When was the last time you saw a themed background?
    • does your device have at least have 2 GB?
    • which device do you use to play Soda? (make and model)
    • which is the latest version of OS software installed in your device? (e.g android 11, iOS 15.5 etc)
    • which is the latest version of Soda app installed in your device?
  • laureyanne
    Options

Around the beginning of December.

Yes, I have more than 2 GB

I'm using a Samsung S9+

I think it might be Android 10? Phone says its up to date when I tried to update again.

I have no idea where to find the version of CCSoda...but it just did an auto update a few days ago, which I was hoping would fix it, but..no.

Thank you!

• laureyanne
    Options

This is the answer I received from support, which is exactly what they told me last week. Should I just give up? I have been doing all as suggested. I sent a screen shot, but it seems like they don't understand what I'm asking. It isn't just random events...EVERYTHING is gone (except for the notifications of the things I should be getting, but im not getting)

Hi Laurie, Thank you for contacting King Player Support.

I’m sorry to hear that events and features disappeared from your game, but rest assured it is expected for some events and features to change and even become temporarily unavailable, so there’s nothing to worry about. It's good to hear that you are passionate about these events and would like to participate in them again. Allow me to shed some light on what is going on and how a feature works.

Please note that special events like these are bonus features in the game and therefore not designed to be there permanently. To help keep things fresh and interesting, our studio tweaks and introduces new features every so often. As such, they need to thoroughly check these during gameplay, so these special features may appear or disappear during ongoing tests, as well as during scheduled maintenance checks.

However, events and features in our games can temporarily disappear when there is a connection issue during login. This can be a hiccup, a peak in the signal, or a momentary signal loss.

Normally, it comes back after you do one of the following:

01- Log out, close the app and restart your device, log in again

02- Play one level

03- Check that you have a stable connection

If these won't help it means the feature isn't available right now, yet it's great to know your appreciation for this feature though, and I will pass your feedback on to our Designers back at the Studio. In the meantime, be sure to keep your app updated, and you’ll have loads of adventures ahead!

Have a wonderful day, Laurie!

Your opinion matters greatly - especially to us! Hence you will receive a quick feedback survey soon. If you have a moment to share your experience with our assistance so we can keep improving our service to you, it would be super sweet. Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Erik

King Player Support

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @laurieanne

thanks for attaching Player Support reply as well

Figured you played on Android, I play Soda on it as well and blank map appears quite frequently though I find yours not going away a bit odd😅

To find Soda app version, visit Play store, tap on your profile picture on your right, select "manage apps and device", tap on "manage" at the top, find Candy Crush Soda app, tap on "about this game", scroll down the page to view app version

Mine says 1.233.3

Well at this point there's not much to do, winter holidays have started so I can discuss this with community manager only after they finish 😅

I suggest to keep clearing cache of Soda app (that usually helps a lot in android devices) and play levels (even old ones) to help the game reconnect and reload the map. The game can be stubborn but so can we

how to clear cache: if you own Android mobile, visit device Settings - Apps - Candy Crush Soda Saga - Storage - Clear Cache. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

• laureyanne
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, mine is 1.233.3. Thanks for the help finding that. I cleared my cache and lost all my boosters, I thought that only happened with clear data. So now I'll keep on trying since there is nothing to lose. Hope y'all are having fun with whatever event is happening! Thank you for the help!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?