What does unsupported browser message mean?

Options
HazelAskey52
HazelAskey52 Posts: 21 Level 2

I've been playing Candy Crush Soda on Facebook but decided to try playing on the Win 10 app but I want to know what this message means before I continue. I know how to link the game to my Facebook account but do not understand that my browser is not supported by Facebook and I'm being redirected to a simpler version of the game. My browser is the latest update of Microsoft Edge, Windows 10 operating system.

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello @HazelAskey52 and welcome to Soda community

Did you try to change browser?

King advises to use Chrome browser but you could try Mozilla firefox as well.

Let me know if you see the same message on those browsers

The browser version should not interfere with Windows 10 app if you wish to use it πŸ™‚.

• HazelAskey52
    HazelAskey52 Posts: 21 Level 2
    Options

I have always used Microsoft Edge browser for all my King games playing on Facebook and there has been no problem. I decided to try the Win 10 app for these games as King mentioned to me that I may receive more events playing on the app version of the game. I carried out the "health" check on my pc and it was way above required rating. I do not intend to change my browser as all passwords etc are stored on Edge.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello @HazelAskey52

Apologies, I did not mean you should delete Edge browser or stop using it as you're used to. I suggested you try playing Soda on other browsers as well so we can determine if the game has an issue with Edge specifically or browsers in general. that would be helplful

Did you check whether Edge is up to date? you may check out this site

Did you check for Windows 10 updates?

Do you have trouble playing Soda on Windows app?

thanks

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?