This competition is too hot

Options
ZoLOLogist
ZoLOLogist Posts: 98 Level 2

Is this normal, or is something wrong with my game?

Answers

• Nadia1770
    Nadia1770 Posts: 861 Level 5
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @ZoLOLogist!

If you did your score in one day, I suppose that you were lucky and the other players in your team did not play at all! It is possible that some of them are going to start playing sooner or later and achieve some score!

If you continue playing, I suppose that you can keep 1st position! I wish you Good Luck!

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @ZoLOLogist and welcome to Soda community!

That ranking is a bit odd, maybe it has yet to update 🤔

Can you let me know if it stays the same after troubleshooting and playing other new levels?

thanks

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

• ZoLOLogist
    Options

Thanks for the help!

It's been this way since the new Candy Hunt started, which I began playing about an hour after it started. I've been playing several levels since then, as you can see from my score.

The app is up-to-date. I'm playing the Windows app (not FB).

I have plenty of free storage (>1 TB).

I logged out and back in 3 times after completing 2 levels each time. Restarted PC each time.

I think I'm just going to go with it and see what happens. If it happens again next time, I'll try uninstalling and re-installing.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @ZoLOLogist

thanks for the infos!

Let's wait a bit before resorting to reinstalling the app 😅. As you might know, it will lead to deleting all your boosters saved on your device

What is your game ID number? I'll pass this on to community manager so this can be looked into

How to find your user ID on Soda app: here

thanks

• ZoLOLogist
    Options

I'm going to reinstall soon anyway.

I always stop playing somewhere between level 1100 and 1300. I run out of boosters, and it's no fun anymore because you can't win most of those levels without boosters. I don't like scraping and scrounging for boosters and endlessly replaying the same level. So I stop playing, play something else for awhile, then eventually come back to Soda and start from the beginning. I've played it that way about 5 times now.

Since I can't spend money on the game, it's really the only way to keep playing.

As for the Candy Hunt, I just started the new one, and it seems to be doing it again. It's weird because all the other challenges and things are working fine. The weekly contest, 4 in a row, bakery, etc. It's just the Candy Hunt that's not working.

It's not a big deal, though. As I said, I'm about to reinstall anyway.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

ok @ZoLOLogist do what you think it's best 🙂

That's still very odd though, do let me know if this situation persists after you reinstall the app. I'll pass it on so this can be looked into 👍️

• ZoLOLogist
    edited April 2023
    Options

EDIT: It's working now!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?