All features are gone except for the levels but they are frozen

Options
SApple2
SApple2 Posts: 2,448 Level 4

Hi,

I'm having problem accessing the game. When I click play, it brings me to my homepage but it's empty except for the levels but when I click on it, it doesn't do anything. When it enter the homepage, the chef's hat moves to the level needed to release my team then after that it's frozen. I was thinking that it may have something to do with the problem with the "bake the cake" where prior to this, it kept showing that I'm not connected but I was able to play the games and all the features were still there. After the latest update, May 5th, this current problem happened. I rebooted 3 times already with no avail.

Another strange thing is that since I was in the middle of the race, finding wonderball, sink the ship, etc. when those expired or someone won, it pops up to tell me that I lost or time's up, etc then it brings back to the empty homepage and frozen levels.

Please help!

SApple2

Answers

• Scooter1948
    Scooter1948 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Pretty much the same happening for me...just started today. Not working on Windows 11 or Android.

• sassebassie
    sassebassie Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I have this exact same problem! Reached out to support, but their 'solution' is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. That's no solution at all, I'll loose all my boosters. Please help.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @SApple2 @Scooter1948 @sassebassie @grffxprs

Thanks for providing a screenshot

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll pass this on to community manager so we can find more infos about it

• What's the make and model of your device?
    • What is your game ID number? HERE's how to find it
    • Does this issue persist after checking troubleshooting steps?

----

• check for Soda and device updates
    • check that your device has at least 2 GB of free storage
    • provided you have a King account to save your progress try to log out- close game - clear cache* - restart device - open game - log in and pass any level to make sure you reconnected to the server
    • you might need to repeat the steps above 3-4 times

*it depends on on the type of the device. Read all details here.

If you own Android mobile, visit device Settings - Apps - Candy Crush Soda Saga - Storage - Clear Cache. Be careful not to click "clear data" which deletes your boosters

If you own Apple mobile, visit Settings - Safari - Clear History and Website Data

If you own a Kindle fire, check this out

it's not possible to do in Microsoft app on computer

Thanks

• SApple2
    Options

Thanks @Pitty_Kitty!

Device - PC Microsoft app Windows 10

ID #: 12553714449

Reboot 3 times, went to Update and Security - Windows Store Apps and run the troubleshooter a few times, the same message "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".

I get an automatic update, latest May 5th. My device has more than 2GB of free storage. I have a King account. I'm hesitant to reset or uninstall and reinstall for I don't want to lose my boosters.

What I have noticed or a commonality since I started playing this game is that the problems that I have encountered mostly has happened the same day as the update. Not every update but when I encountered a problem, it usually after an update. I have never uninstalled even after the advise of numerous support agents in different times I sought their help. It got resolved somehow by the ff:

1.) A community member discovered a solution like installing the current Visual C++. So if other people have the same problem like this one, I check the community forum that perhaps someone will find a solution.

2.) Waiting for a fix from the Developer like the last major problem majority of us have encountered.

3.) Waiting for the next update, sometimes it resolve itself.

4.) A well knowledgeable support agent who guided me step by step.

In this case, I suspect that this problem has something to do with "Bake the Cake" problem that people have been reporting because prior to the current update, after I passed the level to release my teammates, I got a notice that I couldn't release them because I'm not connected even though I was connected since I can play the game. That happened for a few days. Then after that expired, a new bake the cake came, then the update. This time when the game opened after clicking the "Play", the chef's hat immediately goes to the level that need passing to release the team, then if freezes after that without the features showing up. It just stayed like that unless the unfinished previous games like the race, find wonderball, etc. has ended then I get a notice that I didn't win/lost/get a chance to extend the time to find wonderball by giving gold bars. How can I do that if everything is frozen?

So, I'm waiting for a solution hopefully a fix from a developer! It's really quite frustrating and tiring! This happened before where it took a while for a developer to create a fix. Hopefully this time it will be soon!

SApple2

• sassebassie
    Options

Device iPad 5th generation iOS 16.4.1

ID 1308274653

I did all the suggested steps several times and yes, the issue persists. Lots of memory available. For a minute I thought logging out of the account did the trick; when coming back I was invited to make new friends, could access the 4 in a row game and was told I lost another time battle with the little bat (down't know her name in English). Too bad, after that it went back to the empty and frozen start screen.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @SApple2 @sassebassie

thank you for the detailed descriptions and your gaming details.

3-4 players have reported about this issue of levels being frozen, that's a good indication that something may be wrong in the game but since I'm not a King employee I can't confirm anything yet. First I need to pass these comments on and consult with community manager who's in contact with Soda Studio.

As of now here at the community we are sure about 2 issues in Bake a Cake, one is about not being able to access the cake and the other is about not being able to release friends who lost their chef hats. They're still ongoing unfortunately, you can read this in community manager's latest update here. As soon as new updates are available, they'll be communicated on the main thread.

those are valid points @SApple2 .We moderators never advise to reinstall the app unless the issue has been looked into and reinstalling is last resort solution. And that's not the case here, please do not reinstall the app 🙂

Thank you for your collaboration.

• SApple2
    Options

Thanks @Pitty_Kitty for your help! 🙂

Will wait for further direction and hopefully we'll hear from the Soda Studio soon. Please keep us posted on any updates and or feedback.

• mtaventures
    mtaventures Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I've tried three times to play today and I cannot. The game freezes before I can play. It's frustrating and I will, of course, lose my daily bonus, as the game will think I've "missed a day". So, what's up?

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,116 Soda Moderator
    edited May 2023
    Options

Welcome to Soda Community @mtaventures

I am sorry to hear this. Please do not uninstall the game; you will lose your boosters! Reinstalling the app is always a very last solution!

Let’s try troubleshooting first:

provided you saved your progress with a King account, log out of the game - clear the cache -> not data  that will delete your boosters - power off your device for at least 1 minute - restart your device - check for game and device updates - log back into the game. Also make sure you have at least 2GB free memory storage to run the game smoothly and try to connect to a WiFi connection instead of using cellular data.

Clear cache in Android: go to settings - tap on apps - tap on candy crush soda - tap on storage - tap on clear cache (not data❗️)

Clear cache in iOS: go to settings - tap on Safari - tap on Clear history and website data

Let me know if this helps 🙂

• sassebassie
    edited May 2023
    Options

Wanted to let you know that, for now, I'm able to play again. I started playing on my phone and passed the level where I can free team mates in the bakery. That solved it for now. Maybe I should stay away from the bakery for a while

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?