Candy Crush Soda Saga Slow Loading & Crashing (Desktop App From Microsoft Store)

marscicluna123
marscicluna123 Posts: 3 Newbie

Candy Crush Soda Saga has been slow loading and crashing ever since I did some windows updates on the 11th & 12th of July.

• 2023-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5027303)
  • 2023-07 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5028851)
  • 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5028185)

After opening the app the whole machine becomes slow not just the app and usually ends up with the app closing itself at which point the machine speed is fine again. I've checked task manager and system resources are fine nothing maxing out.

I also have Candy Crush Saga and Candy Crush Friends installed and these are working as normal still.

I've tried restarting the machine, reinstalling the app, "sfc /scanow", deleting the package from - C:\Users\*USER*\AppData\Local\Packages

Of course nothing has worked.

I have struggled to find other cases exactly the same as this anywhere else online.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately I can't roll back the updates as I didn't create a restore point.

Answers

• marscicluna123

Was able to uninstall the updates but issue persists.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator

Hello @marscicluna123

I'm sorry to hear about this. Let's see if we can find out what's going on.

What is the make and model of your device?

Are you able to retrieve your game ID number in Soda app?

How to find your game ID number: launch Soda app - tap on "profile" orange button to visit your account settings - tap twice on the King logo at the top - the logo will be replaced by your ID number

More infos: read how to find your game ID number in Soda app HERE

------------------------

In case you're not able to retrieve the ID from Soda app:

If you log in to the same game account in Soda, Candy Crush and Friends to save your progress in them, then your game ID is the same in all 3 King games. The procedure to retrieve the ID is the same in all King games.

If you use different accounts (different credentials) or don't use any account in those games at all, then the IDs will be different in each game app.

• marscicluna123
    edited July 2023

Hello @Pitty_Kitty

System is just a desktop pc and app was installed from Microsoft store.

ID is 1014266903

I have been doing more testing and turns out that once I have opened and closed Soda at least once on the machine the other 2 Candy Crush apps have the same problem if I open those after. If I don't open Soda (after a fresh boot) the other apps work fine. I have only been able to get the other apps to work normally again by restarting the machine. Signing out and back in to the windows profile isn't enough.

• fungolfer
    fungolfer Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited November 2023

Same problem here. Windows updated yesterday and no more candy crush soda saga for me. I can load the game as soon as I use one of the many, many icons the game stops working. If I start a level the game crashes right after 1st move. It doesn't even finish the move it just stops.

Updates from yesterday are (KB5032190) and (KB5032007). Any helpful idea is well appreciated.

User-ID: 13610510980

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?