just another game file thing for old laptops

Daniel7777
Daniel7777 Posts: 10 Level 2
edited October 2023 in Discussions

i was a bit wrong about some 3d and 2d repair stuff for old laptops

i was a beginner of fixing some stuff (i still don't know everything tho)

for 2d files as i said just set the vertex colors to true just pay attention if there is any color configuration below the vertex color thing you can remove it (if you see that the texture has incorrect colors) or change it (to make it correct) just don't use this method for 3d stuff it may light up correctly but it may have a flicker, for example:

or sometimes it won't even light up some stuff correctly but like the 90% of it will do

sometimes they are using vertex colors for 3d stuff but only for sprites like 2d looking 3d flat stuff, shadows, dots on the ground or idk...

so about 2d stuff they are pretty easy to fix

3d stuff are way more complicated because as i said vertex color method is not a good option 3d stuff are using shaders (and yeah just change things in the shader file but no it's not that easy because the shader is using an extension called .ffsb which is not a known extension! so for example you can't just change the shader in notepad because it will end up getting an unknown file which candy crush won't recognize) , nowdays these are the common shaders DioramaEnvTexture, DioramaEnvCardboard, DioramaEnvColor

i can't really say much this is how these shaders look like in my old laptop with their basic use

like i quickly describe my issues with these shaders

DioramaEnvCardboard: it worked ALMOST perfectly (almost because if it used blending which was rare, the object was invisible) until the 2022 halloween update came out DioramaEnvCardboard went black and only the shining is visible and it's still like this nowdays (i can't really tell the difference between the todays DECa or the last working september 2022 one maybe they changed it because of that line separate support thing for the chocolate vs bubblegum December update but when i replaced DECa with the last working version i saw no difference

DioramaEnvColor: nothing much it had a black color with shining but some transparent color stuff had a weird purple color like on the image below

ok those were useless information...

what to say... umm what i know if you want to fix some basic 3d stuff without any special elements/effects like rivers ,cardboard,distorting,scrolling or other stuff you could use a shader called Toon (which you can't now) because this shader was the only shader that had no unnecessary elements it had blending,rgb color picking, transparency and it supported old laptops, but it has one thing that was pretty easy to fix, this shader is using 2 textures so if you use only 1 texture then the texture will be reddish or something, because the 1st texture is ok but the 2nd texture couldn't be found so the 1st normal texture is blending with the default pink texture which is the 2nd texture, to fix that you only need to put a white pixel texture as the 2nd texture and the thing you try to fix will look normal and not red, but the problem is some unused shaders were removed in september 2023 including Toon

i would tell you some more but my laptop is broken so i can't even tell you what you should try or how things work now... i have some old pictures about how this game looked should i show them?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?