Shipmates have bug, error, debacle. Pls help~~

Options
michimune
michimune Posts: 312 Level 3

Last Thursday night(11 Jan), I pressed the play button for next battle after I defeated my opponent, and then it started to choose opponent suddenly. I must choose four friends in friend's list before system searching for my opponent normally. But this time it started to search before this important process. No friends on my fleet, no notification bell. Only 3 shots initially, and then I can Only wait for my fleet sunk.

My fleet have just sunk, and I played

the game again, but this problem happened second time unfortunately.

Using iphone 6s IOS 15.8, latest soda version 1.259.2, my user id 13825021373.

Answers

• Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,611 Soda Moderator
    Options

Welcome to Soda Community @michimune

That's strange that this happened and I'm sorry. Is it possible to update your iOS version? Current iOS version is 17.2 and it could be due to your iOS version that the game does not work properly 🤔 .

You could try the troubleshooting, hopefully this will solve the problem: provided you saved your progress with a King account, log out of the game - clear the cache -> not data  that will delete your boosters - power off your device for at least 10 seconds - restart your device - check for game and device updates - log back into the game - (re)play some levels. Also make sure you have at least 2GB free memory storage to run the game smoothly and try to connect to a WiFi connection instead of using cellular data.

*Clear cache in iOS: go to settings - tap on Safari - tap on Clear history and website data

Hope this helps 🙂

• michimune
    Options

Yosca, thank you for your quick reply.

IOS15.8 is the updated version for my iphone 6S.

I had played shipmates without any problems after it has been released until last Thursday night. This error happened suddenly, but I never changed my settings or version.

I usually play 4 or 5 times everyday. That happened after my third victory of that day.

I have followed your instructions to clear the cache and reset. BUT NO USE.

Please provide another method.

• Yosca
    Options

Hello again @michimune

The last update version of the game for iOS was released on January 10th. It is possible that due to this game update, your iOS version is causing problems in the game.

It could also be that your phone is too 'old' (partly due to the latest game update) that the game does not run properly.

I will check with the team and get back to you when I have more information.

• michimune
    Options

I updated the game to its latest version on Friday after this problem had appeared.

What is the situation on my opponent? What image can be seen after he sank my ship?

• Yosca
    Options

Hello! I have made inquiries and am waiting for an answer. Once I know more, I will respond here 🤗

• Yosca
    Options

Hello again @michimune

I have received some information and it turns out that there is a new test group (which you are now part of) where the system chooses a crew and you get ammo by playing levels yourself! So it's more of a single player experience.

You can verify this by clicking on the i at the top left, then it explains how to play.

• michimune
    Options

Yosca, thank you for your detailed reply.

Yes, I was chosen to a special group on 11 Jan suddenly.

The communication between moderator and studio is not very well. They should inform you any new features they added to the game, but they did not do this. How could you help other members without latest information? Do you know how long of this test to my group?

This feature is not suitable for the players at the end of the map, like me. And it reduced the speed of getting connon because of players decreased from FOUR to only ONE.

If the fleet consists of player and three friends, it will fulfill different situations of all players. Please suggest this idea to the studio and I want to change group as soon as possible.

• steventseng
    steventseng Posts: 10,838 Level 5
    Options

I also got this feature today.

• DIBI
    DIBI Posts: 21 Level 2
    Options

Me too. 😕 Super annoying. Hopefully will go away in 6 days 🙏🙏🙏

• Sue_
    Sue_ Posts: 21 Level 2
    edited January 27
    Options

Thank you for directing me to this.

100% on everything you’ve said.

again us top players at the end of the map are being victimised again. Can’t do challenges because you need new levels to be able to compete. Well the ships change is just another way to kick us down again.

soon they will introduce paying for and spending gold to get shots. Well I won’t be doing it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?