Constantly getting the 4 in a Row introduction but it won't connect

Options

Answers

• Madhouse
    Madhouse Posts: 34 Level 2
    Options

Thank you for getting back. Answers as follows:

Version unknown but reinstalled from Microsoft just a couple of weeks ago so am assuming latest version.

Dell PC

Double tapped King icon but ID did not appear - tried following instructions as given several times.

Hope that helps.

• JustSerfin
    JustSerfin Posts: 57 Level 2
    Options

Exactly. I mean I’m not stupid, I’ve done this before so I know how it works….but when I make a selection & you tell me you can’t connect to the server & I’m not having any (other) issues whatsoever the problem is NOT on my end but an internal issue with YOUR OWN system so nothing I (could) do would fix anything. So why should I (constantly) waste my time with your “troubleshooting” Steve that don’t do any bit of good whatsoever? It doesn’t make any sense that they want to tell ME/us what to happen when nothing they say ever works….

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,004 Soda Moderator
    edited November 2021
    Options

I see thanks @Madhouse

your ID not appearing is odd. On my w10 app it appears but thank you for trying 🤗

My app last updated on 29/10/21 so I assume you have this version: 1.205.200.0. (I know the version eventually disappears on microsoft store but I'm usually able to see it this way: visit menu, settings, apps and features - find and click over Soda app on list of apps - click "advanced options" - app version should be listed)

I'll pass this on but I'm not sure when I'll be able to report back news about this issue though. If you haven't tried yet, I suggest to contact Player Support as they could reach out to you faster. Along with your device information and app version, your ID would have been useful to attach there but they may be aware of what's going on anyway 😅

https://soporto.king.com/contact

Thank you for your patience 🤗

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,004 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hi @Greatgames and welcome to Soda community

other players have reported it as well but unfortunately we don't have news about it yet 😥

I can collect infos of players having this issue so I forward them to help investigate what's going on in players game, so if you're interested:

• is your app version 1.205.200.0? (to check on windows visit menu, settings, apps and features - find and click over Soda app - click "advanced options")
    • what are the make and model of your device?
    • what is your user ID (very important). How to find this number here

When I have news about this issue, I'll make sure to report back.

If you haven't tried it yet, I suggest to also contact Player Support as they might be able to reach out to you faster. Describe your issue and report all the info I asked above

https://soporto.king.com/contact

Thank you for your patience 🙂

• Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi there... Our moderators here do give very good advice. In most cases, it is enough to solve the issue. Good luck and keep us posted :)

• JustSerfin
    JustSerfin Posts: 57 Level 2
    Options

I asked this nearly a week ago (yet it has been going on even longer) & have submitted all of the information I have been asking for & have not gotten an answer….so there is nothing else I could possibly “keep us posted” on. Where have I gotten anything useful in the past week? Please don’t tell me stuff I can’t believe….

• Lindark
    Lindark Posts: 5,681 Sweet Legend
    Options

Stay strong friend, we are all rooting for you :)

• Paul_Plays_Too_Much
    Paul_Plays_Too_Much Posts: 7 Level 2
    edited November 2021
    Options

FIXED ON MY PHONE as follows:

(1) Close the app on your device.

(2) Get a different device (I used my old cell phone that had the app installed on it). Log in on the old device using your same account (or login with Facebook, like I did)

(3) The 4-in-a-row screen appears, but this time it showed me a new board, not the same board it had been showing me time and time again on my regular phone.

(4) I picked a square and it actually worked!

(5) Exit to the main screen, then close the app on your old device.

(6) Go to your regular device, and start the app. This time, after you click "Play!", the 4-in-a-row will appear and ask you to pick a square, but you don't need to because you will see it was already picked on your old device. When you exit out of that screen, the 4-in-a-row logo will show in the same place the Mr. Squibb logo used to appear.

(7) It is now fixed, and works as it should.

I am SO GLAD to be rid of that annoying animation and cannot connect to server error.

• Paul_Plays_Too_Much
    Options

This is the same 4-in-a-row error mentioned in another post. It is a bug. Clearing cache, logging in and out won't help.

I have a phone that is used by both myself and my wife. When she logs in to Candy Crush Soda on my phone, it works fine. But when I log into Candy Crush Soda on the same phone, I get the "Cannot Connect To Server" error.

So if the problem was with the device, it wouldn't work for her, but it does so it cannot be the device.

If the problem was with the android version, it wouldn't work for her, but it does so it cannot be the android version.

If the problem was the version of the Candy Crush Soda app itself, it also wouldn't work for her, but it does, so it cannot be the version of the Candy Crush Soda app.

So I really think the programming folks at Candy Crush Soda need to take a look at their code. At a minimum, if they can't figure out a fix, they should shut off the automatic loading of that screen at every log-in, and after each level win. And also, they should shorten the animation on how to play 4-in-a-row. I've seen it a hundred times now.

• Paul_Plays_Too_Much
    Options

Same here. Happens every time I start up the game, and every time after I win a level.

I know it is not the phone, the cache, the android version, etc. - because my wife uses my cell phone to play Candy Crush Soda on her account. When I log out, she logs in. And her 4-in-a-row is working! But when I log back in on the same phone, I get the same error.

I've attached a picture so Candy Crush Soda techs can see what's happening. I also have a video but I was unable to post it since this board says I am a new member. But maybe you can find my video.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?