End of Game

Options
DJG145
DJG145 Posts: 6 Level 2

Hello,

I reach the end of the game - and fail to win - but now the game just stalls there, I have to reload the page.

It used to just carry on to the next gane automatically, is this a glitch?

Its just an annoying thing, so used to it just going back to the start of the game or progressing to the next game if you had won.

Thanks

DJG145

Best Answer

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @DJG145 and welcome to Soda community!

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean😅

Do you mean the game freezes while you're playing a level? then you're forced to close the game app and restart it?

Since the level is never completed you can't move forward to the next one until you pass the level

Let's see if we can solve it 🙂

which device do you use? please provide make and model

Also, please check this guide and let me know if the problem still persists

thanks

• DJG145
    edited August 2022
    Options

When I finish a game, it usually says "so close" or just reloads automatically so you can play the game again.

Now you finish the game and it just freezes and you have to reload the page.

I use the same PC I have used for ages, this problem as just arisen, Windows 10, game 2047.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @DJG145

I see. Thanks for the reply.

I tried level 2047 on Soda app in my Windows 11 laptop, I didn't encounter this issue. When I fail the level, a screen showing the "retry" button appears and lets me replay level 2047 after I hit that.

• Do you play on Soda app downloaded from Microsoft store or Facebook website through a browser (e.g Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge etc)?
    • Did you check for any Windows 10 updates?
    • Did you check for any Soda app updates in your Microsoft Store?
    • Did you check for any browser updates if you play on browser and not app? you may check for browser updates here

Provided you save your levels with a King account (email address) or Facebook account, did you try troubleshooting steps:

• log out from your account -close the game - clear browser cache if you play through browser (see how here)- turn off your PC for a couple of minutes - turn it on - log back in - try playing easy levels 3-4 times to make sure you're connected to King servers

Does the problem stil persist?

If yes:

What version of Windows 10 is installed in your PC?

How much free local storage is available in your PC?

Let me know 🙂

• DJG145
    Options

Hello,

Its via Facebook using Firefox, had no problems previously. Windows 10 all up to date, Firefox all upto date.

Well tried it on Microsoft Edge and it works as it should, but I want to stick with Firefox.

Thanks for your help

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited September 2022
    Options

ok @DJG145 did you try to clear cache of Firefox?

• DiThomp
    DiThomp Posts: 15 Level 2
    Options

Playing CC Soda, via Facebook, the x at the end of each game has disappeared. This has been the same for several days, to continue, the whole page has to be refreshed & sometimes this removes all my other lives.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @DiThomp

No, this is first report I read 🙂

Let's try to to understand what's going on.

So you play on browser on not Windows Microsoft app, correct? Which device do you use? (make and model)

• Did you check for computer updates?
    • Does your device have at least 2 GB of free local storage?
    • Did you check for any browser updates if you play on browser and not app? you may check for browser updates here
    • Did you try changing your browser? (Chrome - Mozilla firefox - )

Provided you save your levels with a King account (email address) or Facebook account, did you try troubleshooting steps:

• log out from your account -close the game - clear browser cache if you play through browser (see how here)- turn off your PC for a couple of minutes - turn it on - log back in - try playing easy levels 3-4 times to make sure you're connected to King servers

Does the problem stil persist?

Thanks

• DiThomp
    DiThomp Posts: 15 Level 2
    Options

I play on more than 1 device , the problem is only when I play via Facebook, the same on both devices, both are up to date.

If I play on the app, on both devices play is as usual.

I have exited the game & reloaded, many times.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited August 2022
    Options

I see @DiThomp

Well, this is getting more confusing.

Unfortunately, I can't understand whether you tried all steps from your answer so I don't have a clear idea on what's going on

If you play on browser, did you try clearing cache of the browser? Beside simply exiting the game and reloading, did you try logging out from your account, closing the game, restarting the device, opening the game and logging in? Did you try changing browser and using a different one?

Which browser are you using? Chrome? Mozilla?

Also which device do you use exactly? (make and model). It would really help. Which is the latest version of the update installed in your device (operating system)?

Which is your game user ID? Visit here on how to find it on Facebook website, (browser) and here to find it on Soda app

If you need help with providing the infos related to these questions, don't hesitate to ask🙂

With the answers to these question, I can submit a problem report to community manager so this problem can be looked into

If you'd rather not answer these questions, it's quite alright. I suggest to move to playing on app rather than the browser version. The app platform is recommended as it is more stable than browser version (Facebook website)

• ClaudiaUnger290456
    Options

When I´m out of moves the game doesn´t go forward. I´ve contacted the support 2 times, but got an automatic answer, which doesn´t help at all. I don´t play Candy Crush Soda Saga on smartphone or tablet, I´m playing on PC, so the answer "close all your apps and shut down your smartphone for 1 minute", doesn´t help at all. I´m using Google Chrome and I´ve cleared cache, so what can I do? If I can´t get any help, I will quit.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?