Saga says I'm not connected to internet

Options
ChrisJH
ChrisJH Posts: 5 Level 2

Is there a general problem? The last two days when I try to use my earned gold bars, it says I have no internet connection, but I am on a wireless connection. I am using a new Apple Ipad. I also have the game on my Windows 11 computer, but it doesn't update my progress and also says I have no internet connection. Thank you

Best Answer

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you see "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" , I can suggest you try this trick to see if it works, it helped me 1 out of the 2 times it happened to me

• force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

If this doesn't work then the solution that is usually able to fix this problem is to uninstall and reinstall Soda app.

This type of error appears when something unknown goes wrong in Soda app, the causes behind it can be various. It could be signalling that the game app got damaged. (This doesn't mean that there's something wrong with your device)

In this state, your game is offline: you can't play normally, save progress and make purchases. You can't contact Player Support directly from your app so they can't look into it directly.

However it is odd you see this error on 2 different devices. So I suggest to try unistalling the game on one device first to see if the game returns to connecting normally. If it doesn't, then the issue needs further investigation

---

Unfortunately, uninstalling the app will delete all your boosters (they're saved locally on your device) and recent progress you made while being offline due to this problem. If you have a King/ Facebook account, you'll be able to retrieve all the gold bars and progress you made before this problem arised.

-----

If you progress is partially or entirely lost after reinstalling the app, create an account if you don't have one already and contact Player Support so they can manually restore your progress on your account:

How to contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "my game progress"- "how do I save progress"- scroll down and click "contact us". Please be sure to select "Problems with my Game" and then "Game didn't save", add your current level and send.

-----

If you lost purchased items that you didn't use, you may ask Player Support for a replacement. More infos here

Items obtained for free in the game can't be refunded as per terms and conditions of the game. More infos here.

Answers

• leashaleasha
    leashaleasha Posts: 15 Level 2
    Options
  • Pitty_Kitty
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello @ChrisJH and welcome to Soda community!

Currently we're not aware of a connection issue, only loading issue affecting some mobile devices, mostly Android devices.

Which error messages do you see?

Do you see this red message on profile settings and you're not able to log out/log in to your game account?

• ChrisJH
    Options

Yes, I see that message and another after I try to use my gold bars that says “Store Unavailable”.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you see "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" , I can suggest you try this trick to see if it works, it helped me 1 out of the 2 times it happened to me

• force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

If this doesn't work then the solution that is usually able to fix this problem is to uninstall and reinstall Soda app.

This type of error appears when something unknown goes wrong in Soda app, the causes behind it can be various. It could be signalling that the game app got damaged. (This doesn't mean that there's something wrong with your device)

In this state, your game is offline: you can't play normally, save progress and make purchases. You can't contact Player Support directly from your app so they can't look into it directly.

However it is odd you see this error on 2 different devices. So I suggest to try unistalling the game on one device first to see if the game returns to connecting normally. If it doesn't, then the issue needs further investigation

---

Unfortunately, uninstalling the app will delete all your boosters (they're saved locally on your device) and recent progress you made while being offline due to this problem. If you have a King/ Facebook account, you'll be able to retrieve all the gold bars and progress you made before this problem arised.

-----

If you progress is partially or entirely lost after reinstalling the app, create an account if you don't have one already and contact Player Support so they can manually restore your progress on your account:

How to contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "my game progress"- "how do I save progress"- scroll down and click "contact us". Please be sure to select "Problems with my Game" and then "Game didn't save", add your current level and send.

-----

If you lost purchased items that you didn't use, you may ask Player Support for a replacement. More infos here

Items obtained for free in the game can't be refunded as per terms and conditions of the game. More infos here.

• ChrisJH
    Options

I believe there is something wrong with the latest version that was uploaded last week, because I have this connection both in my IPad and on my Windows 11 computer and they both started the connection error at the same time. Who do I contact to have that version checked?

• ChrisJH
    Options

I believe this was version 1.234.2 of Candy Crush Soda Saga

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @ChrisJH

Game issues have been reported 4 days ago in the community but they have been fixed by Soda Studio.

Only the loading issue remains unsolved and Soda Studio is investigating.

Players are advised to contact King Player Support directly from their game apps because data about game and device are easily retrieved that way. In your case it's currently not possible because your app is offline.

However you could try contacting them for here. Please attach you game ID number (not your username) so your account can be located. Check this page on how to retrieve your game ID number

• coffeequeen
    coffeequeen Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I’ve been having the same problem for three months. Message says “unable to connect to the internet” I can’t login with my king account email, only my Apple ID, then I get the there was a connection error try again in a bit message. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on one of my devices only to receive the same message. Please help.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

Hello @coffeequeen

If you tried to reinstall the app and message error "there was a connection, try again in a bit" is still displayed on profile settings of the same app, then I advise to contact King Player Suppor from here. Please attach you game ID number (not your username) so your account can be located. Check this page on how to retrieve your game ID number

It might be faster since community manager is not on office at weekends

• Vicky_Renee
    Vicky_Renee Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options

I am having the same issue. Cannot use my goldbars I purchased, it keeps telling me I'm offline.

I've tried force closing etc etc.

I paid for my goldbars and can't even use them!

This is actually becoming ridiculous with King games to be honest. I lost ALL progress on my Pyramid Solitaire game that I had been playing for 7 years because the game crashed and I have to delete and reinstall.

I have TRIED and TRIED to get access on King.com and I've had NO luck. I try to reset password and I don't get the email in time to reset it. (Pyramid Solitaire game).

I got SO fed up with trying I abandoned that game (which really saddened me).

Now my Candy Crush Soda game??

This is STUPID

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?