"Connection Lost"

Options
crispyzero
crispyzero Posts: 5 Level 2

I've been having an issue where I'm getting a "connection lost" notification in the game. I updated the game today and it still says 'we detected a connection issue, please try again later' there are no issues with my wifi or connection. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,007 Soda Moderator
    Options

Hello @crispyzero and welcome to Soda community!

Do you see this error?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Options

@crispyzero , unfortunately reinstalling Soda app is usually the effective solution for this problem. On the off chance that doesn't solve it, let me know because Soda Studio would need to investigate this further.

Please keep reading for more infos

---

If you see "there was a connection error, try again in a bit" , I can suggest you try this trick to see if it works, it helped me 1 out of the 2 times it happened to me

• force close the app (or make sure it's not running in the background)- switch off your internet connection - start the app but don't click "play" yet - switch on internet connection- then click "play"

If this doesn't work then the solution that is usually able to fix this problem is to uninstall and reinstall Soda app.

This type of error appears when something unknown goes wrong in Soda app, the causes behind it can be various. It could be signalling that the game app got damaged. (This doesn't mean that there's something wrong with your device)

In this state, your game is offline: you can't play normally, save progress and make purchases. You can't contact Player Support directly from your app so they can't look into it.

Unfortunately, uninstalling the app will delete all your boosters (they're saved locally on your device) and recent progress you made while being offline due to this problem. If you have a King/ Facebook account, you'll be able to retrieve all the gold bars and progress you made before this problem arised.

It's not ideal at all but it will allow you to play normally again.

-----

If you progress is partially or entirely lost after reinstalling the app, create an account if you don't have one already and contact Player Support so they can manually restore your progress on your account:

How to contact Player Support: open soda app - visit settings- click "?" Icon- visit "my game progress"- "how do I save progress"- scroll down and click "contact us". Please be sure to select "Problems with my Game" and then "Game didn't save", add your current level and send.

-----

If you lost purchased items that you didn't use, you may ask Player Support for a replacement. More infos here

Items obtained for free in the game can't be refunded as per terms and conditions of the game. More infos here.

• crispyzero
    Options

Thank you! I'll try Uninstalling and reinstalling. The first suggestion did not work for me. I was worried about losing my level progress and daily streak since I'm not sure if my account was linked.

• crispyzero
    Options

After I reinstalled, it looks like my level is the same, but I wanted to double check if the daily streak can also be fixed? Or this data is lost?

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @crispyzero !

If you use an account to save your progress you can retrieve it and your gold bars after reinstalling the app. Those data are saved in King servers when the app is able to connect.

If you haven't been using any game account to save your progress, then your levels and gold bars haven't been saved and synced on King servers before this issue arised so they cannot be restored after reinstalling the app. You would need to contact Player Support and ask them to restore progress manually

Daily streak is like boosters, it's only saved on device storage so it will be lost after reinstalling the app, I'm sorry. It cannot be restored

• Thmo
    Thmo Posts: 374 Level 4
    Options

Yes, I am! Tried everything listed in help section, tried to get in contact with customer-support... they didn't help. Finally I reinstalled the app, and everything was working again... but I had lost all boosters (and they were a lot!)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?