Team links disappeared. No social link.

Options
nflom
nflom Posts: 7 Level 2

I am playing through Facebook on Windows. I am a member of a team, but the team links disappeared. I do not have a link for the social hub. Some of the advice is to logout, but logout of what? Facebook?

Best Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,008 Soda Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @nflom and welcome to Soda community!

Team links should be visible if there are empty spots on your team, are there any empty spots on your team?

Social Hub is available for the app version of the game and not Facebook platform.

Since you use a Windows computer you can download Soda app from Microsoft Store and log in to your account and see if Social Hub appears

• Pitty_Kitty
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @nflom

Yes, you should be able to log in on Microsoft Soda app using your Facebook credentials since you use a Facebook account to save your progress and find all your levels on Soda app.

(On the off chance you have issues logging in with your Facebook account on Soda app, for computer users there's the option to create a King account on Soda app and then visit www.king.com website to link your Facebook account to King account. This way you can use your new King account credentials and still have access to all your levels on any Soda app because progress is synced between the two accounts.

You can find the steps to link the two accounts here)

--------------------

As for the team link, its purpose is to give it to players so they can use it to find your team and join it and then play Bake a Cake together. From what I know the link can appear only if your team is not full and can welcome more players.

Your team code has the same purpose of the link but it's always retrievable. You can share your team code and players can use it to find your team and join it.

-----------------------

Since friendship system (Social Hub feature) latest update it's not possible to ask for lives inside Teams chat anymore. Now we can only ask for/receive lives and boosters inside Social Hub feature. (To be fair this is how it works for the app version of the game because it has Social Hub; I don't have updated infos regarding Facebook platform, I can ask 🙂)

This means we can add our teammates to our friends list (by tapping on their avatar pictures and send them a request) and send them boosters and lives requests inside Social Hub feature.

You can retrieve a link from Social Hub as well. The purpose of this link is to send a frienship invite to anyone you want: family, friends, players etc so you can become Soda friends, regardless of fact people use Facebook or not. You can share the invite link anywhere you want, even on this community. more infos here

There are also other ways to add (active) players by sending invites inside the game, but maybe this post has become to long 😅

Let me know if you have more questions 🙂

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @nflom

I'm glad to hear you enjoy it 🙂 I take it you were able to log in to your account in Soda Windows app and find all your progress with no issues?

Generally the app version of any game has more features than Facebook platform because I was told the app version is more stable.

I don't play on Facebook so I can only make comparisons between Windows app and mobile app of the same game.

These games:

• Candy Crush Soda Saga
    • Candy Crush Saga
    • Candy Crush Jelly
    • Candy Crush Friends
    • Farm Heroes Saga
    • Pet Rescue Saga
    • Bubble Witch Saga 3
    • Blossom Blast Saga

have basically the same features on both platforms. Though Ads feature (extra moves, extra boosters etc), if it's available in King games at all, will be available in mobile app and never in Windows app.

Candy Crush Jelly is a weird one, for some reason special side events are available on mobile app and not Windows app

-----------------

By the way, my previous comment is already outdated 😅. A couple of days ago Soda Studio removed the new lives and booster system and brought back the old lives system. Read the announcement here

This means we can't ask for lives and boosters in Social Hub anymore.

We can ask for and send lives to many friends at once and teammates when we visit Lives (Red Heart icon) and "Get Help" section like we used to

Answers

• Pitty_Kitty
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @nflom and welcome to Soda community!

Team links should be visible if there are empty spots on your team, are there any empty spots on your team?

Social Hub is available for the app version of the game and not Facebook platform.

Since you use a Windows computer you can download Soda app from Microsoft Store and log in to your account and see if Social Hub appears

• nflom
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if there are any openings on my team. I used it to give and request lives, but apparently I use the Social Hub now. If I download the Microsoft app for Windows, will I retain my progress?

• Pitty_Kitty
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @nflom

Yes, you should be able to log in on Microsoft Soda app using your Facebook credentials since you use a Facebook account to save your progress and find all your levels on Soda app.

(On the off chance you have issues logging in with your Facebook account on Soda app, for computer users there's the option to create a King account on Soda app and then visit www.king.com website to link your Facebook account to King account. This way you can use your new King account credentials and still have access to all your levels on any Soda app because progress is synced between the two accounts.

You can find the steps to link the two accounts here)

--------------------

As for the team link, its purpose is to give it to players so they can use it to find your team and join it and then play Bake a Cake together. From what I know the link can appear only if your team is not full and can welcome more players.

Your team code has the same purpose of the link but it's always retrievable. You can share your team code and players can use it to find your team and join it.

-----------------------

Since friendship system (Social Hub feature) latest update it's not possible to ask for lives inside Teams chat anymore. Now we can only ask for/receive lives and boosters inside Social Hub feature. (To be fair this is how it works for the app version of the game because it has Social Hub; I don't have updated infos regarding Facebook platform, I can ask 🙂)

This means we can add our teammates to our friends list (by tapping on their avatar pictures and send them a request) and send them boosters and lives requests inside Social Hub feature.

You can retrieve a link from Social Hub as well. The purpose of this link is to send a frienship invite to anyone you want: family, friends, players etc so you can become Soda friends, regardless of fact people use Facebook or not. You can share the invite link anywhere you want, even on this community. more infos here

There are also other ways to add (active) players by sending invites inside the game, but maybe this post has become to long 😅

Let me know if you have more questions 🙂

• nflom
    Options

Thank you so much! I had no idea that there was a version of Candy Crush Soda outside of Facebook. The app in Windows is so much better than it is in Facebook. Is this also true of Candy Crush, or are the games the same?

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @nflom

I'm glad to hear you enjoy it 🙂 I take it you were able to log in to your account in Soda Windows app and find all your progress with no issues?

Generally the app version of any game has more features than Facebook platform because I was told the app version is more stable.

I don't play on Facebook so I can only make comparisons between Windows app and mobile app of the same game.

These games:

• Candy Crush Soda Saga
    • Candy Crush Saga
    • Candy Crush Jelly
    • Candy Crush Friends
    • Farm Heroes Saga
    • Pet Rescue Saga
    • Bubble Witch Saga 3
    • Blossom Blast Saga

have basically the same features on both platforms. Though Ads feature (extra moves, extra boosters etc), if it's available in King games at all, will be available in mobile app and never in Windows app.

Candy Crush Jelly is a weird one, for some reason special side events are available on mobile app and not Windows app

-----------------

By the way, my previous comment is already outdated 😅. A couple of days ago Soda Studio removed the new lives and booster system and brought back the old lives system. Read the announcement here

This means we can't ask for lives and boosters in Social Hub anymore.

We can ask for and send lives to many friends at once and teammates when we visit Lives (Red Heart icon) and "Get Help" section like we used to

• nflom
    Options

Thank you. I downloaded the Candy Crush app and tried it out, but it didn't carry forward any of the lives donated by my friends, for some reason. Since the game appeared to be substantially the same as it was on Facebook, and Facebook has my lives, I am back on Facebook.

• Pitty_Kitty
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello!

Yes, levels and gold bars are synced between devices and platforms. Sometimes boosters get to be synced too for some games but it's not the rule, they're usually saved on local storage like lives.

Happy crushing 🍭

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?