New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• Janineann
    Janineann Posts: 22 Level 2
    edited March 2019
    I got this email from customer service in response to my complaint about Mr Toffee’s fair.  Sounds like a recycle of a complaint I had when they took away advertisements and Bubble Gun hill and it is different from the story that is being told by Xarly here.  So we can add lying to the list of complaints:
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##

[Edit by CM: Personal data]
  • missusr
    missusr Posts: 4 Newbie
    Bricorn said:
    OK, I've approached Toffee with an open mind - only got it yesterday.
    I was thinking that it wasn't too bad, then I hit the "only 2 tiles per day" bit. 

What.  The.  Actual.  F***. 
    How are we supposed to build up boosters with that restriction?   If you have a good day and get through a lot of levels, you're going to use more boosters than you earn - and if you get stuck with 2 partners who aren't helping for some reason, you can't even take up the slack!

IMO, this is a failure, please either kill it completely, or at least remove that 2 tiles a day bit.

• missusr
    I hate this new feature. I want the qiests back or I think I have lost interest in it. I enjoyed completing the quests. This mr. Toffee fair is stupid !!!

• missusr
    i agree.  pile of rubbish
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,988 Soda Moderator
    edited March 2019
    I got this email from customer service in response to my complaint about Mr Toffee’s fair.  Sounds like a recycle of a complaint I had when they took away advertisements and [...]
    What I do not understand at all, I HAD quests, it’ has disappeared last week and also no Toffee. I’ll send an email as well now. Getting really mad 😡 
  • AngeliquevanG
    AngeliquevanG Posts: 42 Level 2
    I have been playing for years now and this is the worst adjustment in the game ever! 
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 14,988 Soda Moderator
    Getting really mad now. I HAD quests.. and still no Toffee. Send an email as well. Maybe they can explain why they took it away from me 😡
  • Clover_7
    Clover_7 Posts: 24 Level 2
    Elsa said:
    Clover_7 said:
    I’m new to this forum and don’t know if anyone can answer this based on previous issues with this or any other King games. Is there any real likelihood of the studio listening to the players dissatisfaction regarding Mr. Toffee and/or bringing back the quests? 

Hi @Clover_7, welcome to our community.  I want to let you know that I am a Superstar here in the community.  That means that I volunteer my time to help the players with their issues and elevate them to the community manager when a lot of players have the same complaint.  @Xarly is the community manager and both of us have been keeping an eye on this message since it first started.  It has already been brought to the studio's attention that there are complaints coming in here about this event and also the fact that all the events/challenges have been taken away.  Although I did get Bubblegum Hill this weekend and the gumball thing is still showing.  I am going through new messages posted here and if they relate to these issues I am instructing them to come here to write their thoughts.  This is the main thread that the community manager is keeping an eye on. 
    Thanks for the welcome Elsa, I’m gradually finding my way around what seems like a great community. What I really wanted to find out is how the studio generally responds to members feedback, do they make changes, reinstate events/challenges? Will we get some feedback here to tell us what is happening?

The response Janine got from King seems very confusing, as everyone appeared to have the individual quests anyway until last week, can we get any clarity on the situation?
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Hi @Clover_7, I have been doing this for over 2 years now and I rarely have seen problems like we are having now.  This is just my opinion, but I wonder if the studio is trying to revamp the game a bit.  There hasn't been many changes in this game except for maybe adding or deleting events/challenges that aren't working well.  Will they change this?  That I don't have an answer but I can tell you that the community manager does read these messages and when we have as many comments as we have here he does notify the studio about it.  Mr. Toffee is something that just suddenly appeared as a new event.  Before this it has been the same events.  With regards to all of them being taken off, I don't have an answer for that but have asked that question myself.  Chances are the community manager will find out all answers and will come here to update everyone.  We just have to be patient and wait.

The way the studios work this is that they create a new idea/event but before they can present it to all players they need to test it so they randomly choose players for this.  Then they watch to see how these players are doing.  Are they having difficulty?  Are they able to clear the levels?  How long does it take to clear the level?  They collect a lot of data.  Then they can "tweak" it depending on how the testing group played it. 
  • dalec
    dalec Posts: 24 Level 2
    Mr. Toffees fair sucks! I don't want to be on a team. The turds I got stuck with don't do crap to get prizes and it will take forever to get anywhere. I'm about ready to quit, I'm so pissed. This is rigged so you have to buy prizes and I'm not about to buy four hammers to advance in this game. A total ripoff.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?