What's your experience when you ran out of moves? - We want your feedback!

Options

Comments

• Steviesgirl17
    Steviesgirl17 Posts: 104 Level 3
    Options
    I use whatever I've earned that's available to move on too I'm out of lives. I'm new to the game so I'm sure my strategy will change some! 
  • Wiggles777
    Wiggles777 Posts: 78 Level 3
    Options
    I use whatever I've earned that's available to move on too I'm out of lives. I'm new to the game so I'm sure my strategy will change some! 
    You weren’t wrong but now it’s corporate.
  • Steviesgirl17
    Options
  • Steviesgirl17
    Options
    @pieter0000 Possibly All luck but if I have a great friend support my strategy could change! 
  • Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    Options
    You ONLY win when the program lets you, and so it doesn't matter what you do from your first move. You cannot control cascades. If it wants you to lose, it brings in rubbish. If it wants you to win, it brings in all sorts of helpful combos etc. That's the whole game in a nutshell. 

And your reward for beating a level? Diddly squat, except to move on to the next one and get stuck on it for hours and hours and hours. Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum.

Pure, unadulterated tedium really.

• Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    edited April 2019
    Options
    When you're up in the 1600s, it would be nice to have a level that did not simply force the player to match a colour bomb with a colouring candy as almost the only way to succeed (or sit and wait for the rigged game to just let you win). Level after level after level after level - a mass of blockers that need to be hit over and over again with barely enough moves. Brain-dead developers with no imagination leads to tedious, mind-numbingly boring nonsense. Just the same old mindless crap, over and over and over and over and over. Now that the weather is getting better, I am going to paint a fence in the garden. Then I will watch the paint dry, followed by spending the rest of the day watching the grass grow. Far more entertaining and fun than this tripe.
  • Sanders
    Sanders Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    My Feedback/Level 1657:

1. I absolutely despise apps that make me pay for a pleasurable experience. A game should be a pleasureable way to pass one's time. Games that charge me money just so I can enjoy their game are prostitutes. They take a pleasureable activity, claim it's possible to enjoy for free, & when that is found to be a lie - here comes King to save the day with it's whore offers. I feel the same way about buying 5 more moves as I would imagine a man soliciting a prostitute feels - eagar & ashamed. That said, I do occasionally get so frustrated with the game play that I will purchase up to 15 more moves just to make the level go away. It seems useful to explain that 95% of my anger does not stem from honestly difficult game boards. It stems from obvious manipulation of the way the candies interact with each other at times, & other uncontrolable aspects, like bottles not dropping to be cleared.. proving the success rate of this game has very little to do with skill. I can't Do Better Next Time if I am not given even the CHANCE to succeed. (Example: I must clear 10 bottles in 30 moves, but even with all obstacles clear, only 4 bottles ever drop from the unlabeled source above the board. My last 8 moves are spent randomly clearing as many candies as possible hoping the remaining bottles fall to be cleared — but they never do. I lose with 4/10 bottles cleared. There is nothing I can do better next time to win. My success is completely out of my control.) 

2. 5 More Moves: Currently broken. I just used all my moves on jelly level 1657 & only had 3 unblocked candies left to jellyize. I accepted the 5 more moves offer which took me to the store. I attempted to purchase gold bars for the 5 more moves requested, but "The Store Is Unavailable". This is not the first time this has happened to me. I backed out numerous times trying to purchase the moves without losing the gameboard but to no avail. i finally had to quit the board. I am quite angry about it, as I was unusually lucky w/this particular game board & I know got closer to completing it this time than I'm ever likely to get again. 5 more moves would have helped me on this board — & it may be another week before I get close enough for 5 more moves to help. 

3. Continue or X: Every time I purchase 50 gold bars, there's at least one time I am rushing to replay a level I've just lost & I accidently hit the huge GREEN Continue button dead center instead of the little RED x button hidden in the far corner. You cannot convince me this is a simple mistake. It is trickery & theft to set it up like this, as once you've pressed the button & have at least 10 gold bars, the game robs you of them automatically to give you 5 more moves you DID NOT want, CANNOT use, & CANNOT return. Pure unadulterated evil. 

4. Fishes: I share other posters complaints about rogue fish that are anything but helpful. I know for a fact that if I have one more candy to clear, & 1 more move left, & a fish is the only way to clear it — I've already lost the level, bc that fish will NEVER clear that last candy. Evil. Also, when fishes aren't directly activating other boosters, they are targetting key candies that prevent other boosters from being created. Also, a fish + any booster will almost always target another booster prematurely — & if possible, will especially target & activate a color bomb. 

5. Other Boosters: Also, I agree that color bomb + stripe candy does not clear the lines as expected by definition. It seems only about 4/5 of the lines actually clear.. & often, the candy drops in such a way that at least one of the striped candies clears a blank line. A line with two activated stripes on it doesn't clear the line twice as it has in the past (useful for clearing bears, ice, & candy canes that all require multiple hits to clear). Also, the booster you create by combining 6 candies, often seemingly self destructs, as I have yet to discover what activates them when not combined with 2 candies of the same color & not in a space cleared by another booster. The best I can figure is that this '6 candy booster' can also be activated prematurely by any booster clearing a candy adjacent to it.

6. Daily Boosters: Also, entering a board with boosters is next to useless on levels that require multiple boards to clear them — especially when each board increases in difficulty (ex: clear 45 bears = clear 5 bears on first board, 15 bears on 2nd board, & 25 bears on last board). Every booster chosen will appear only on the first board, where they are basically wasted. 

7. Conclusion: I believe I represent the silent majority of the King player base. I've played King games for MANY YEARS & have been a completely silent & troublefree revenue source for King. I never complain. I suffer in silence until I get fed up & stop playing. I left the original Candy Crush Saga due to the same dirty tactics being used against the players best interest. I left Candy Crush Jelly because I couldn't handle the head to head battles with the queen — her light-hearted taunting really pissed me off, especially since the odds were ever tilted in her favor. I was initially attracted to Candy Crush Soda because more boosters were available more often, the gameplay seemed more fair than CCS, & because the character dialogue never intruded into my gameplay. I am now on the verge of deciding any game that bears King's name, both now & in the foreseable future, will always rely on trickery, deception, & any other undershanded tactic they can conceive to use against the player base for their own gain. I refuse to support that business model any further than I already have. I know nothing will change, if for no other reason than playing dirty has proven to be quite lucrative. I guess enough people are just too stupid to realize they are being cheated & after years of playing King games myself, I have no choice but to admit that I've been just as stupid as they are. I will be pleasantly surprised if this post is allowed to be viewed by the public, despite the accusations I've made.. as I don't even expect it to pass moderation. Peace. 
  • Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi @Sanders ,

Welcome to the Community! It's great to see such a veteran player dedicating so much time and effort to help us get better. We truly appreciate your feedback and we will send it on to the studio (as it's of great value and has really insightful points). Understanding what our players want and like is key in order for us to keep making some of the best games out there.

Nobody here will silence your message, as long as you stay respectful and follow the house rules. You have done all of that and we truly welcome critical feedback when needed because that is what it takes in order to get better.

Again, I really believe we need more of you, the silent majority as you say, to speak up and help us shape our future together. We are truly committed to make it happen, and for that we need you (which is why we are implementing new changes like a new and easier access to the Community directly from the game).

I hope this helped you have a better overview of where we're at and I look forward to seeing you around :smile:.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,693 Sweet Legend
    Options
    @Xarly, I totally agree with you that we need more players expressing their thoughts just like @Sanders
    @Sanders, I want you to know that I really enjoyed reading every single word that you wrote here.  I kept shaking my head in agreement with a lot of your thoughts.  Just a couple of days ago I had one of those darn bottle levels where they wouldn't show up so I had to buy extra moves.  The fish have not played properly in a long time.  I know that if I used a fish to start the game it's worthless because it goes no where.  Thank you so very much for sharing everything that you wrote here.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?