What's your experience when you ran out of moves? - We want your feedback!

XarlyXarly Posts: 1,920 Community Manager
Hey everyone!

As you all know, we are always searching for ways for you to enjoy Soda even more every day! That's why today, the Studio would love to know what your experience is like when trying to obtain more moves after not passing the level.

All feedback is welcome! If you experienced any issues during that process, or perhaps some of the text was unclear, etc - we would love to hear from you!

Please stay constructive, we are all trying to make it better together :smile: .

Cheers,
Xarly
Prev13456

Comments

• Yaz_MilaniYaz_Milani Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    Firstly, if I have only a few moves left to win I would consider spending some gold bars for the extra 5 moves. That is only if I have enough to spare! If not then I get very happy given the option of watching a video for free moves- although that is limited to luck and you might not get the maximum 5 extra moves. If all fails. I try again! 
  • Alessandro_SAlessandro_S Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm past 2700 and rely on BGH to stock tons of hammers and gold bars for continues, as in every episode there are at least 3 levels which are impossible to finish without continues even when:
    - playing with full rainbow bow
    - playing around midnight with double 2-hour fish + color or choc bomb boosters
    - starting with combo of color+choc or color+fish
    - using 5 hammers

So yes, I also think the game has become a tad too hard overall.

As per extra moves, +1 or +2 almost never help, so a video should yield a full +5 or even more (as it happens in Candy Crush).
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 18,968 Superstar
    It might not be gone.  Things take a bit longer here so give it a bit and it might come back.  I did read it!
    You can find out more about our Superstars here

❤️  Please  take note that if you are playing your game on a mobile device all boosters and lives are saved to that device so that you can play the game when you are offline.  Please do not accumulate them because any updates, crashes or device changes can cause these items to be lost.

❤️ Newbies, this is for you!  Check out all the King game contests here

❤️ Please check out the stories that I created here.

• firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 7,211 Superstar
    I can see it too, so it's here, don't worry @JetKuil-Snaterse

The only way outside is inside. Namaste 🙏🏻
    🌈
    Check out the first ever Superstar Summer contest and win some gold bars here 😍
    🌈
    Guess my score in Farm Heroes Saga and earn some gold here
    🌈
    Give us your feedback on The Royal Championship in Jelly Saga here
    🌈
    Vote for portal to navigate between levels in Friends Saga here

Elsa said:
    I find that the game has gotten very difficult to play even though I'm at level 1798.  I am losing interest in this game and I'll give you an example.  This level, 1798, wants you to pop 8 bottles.  Too much licorice dropping and blocking the candies.  When I am almost out of moves I only have 3/8 so I don't even bother finishing it.  I end it and I can't tell you in the past few months how many times I've had to just end the level because I knew that I couldn't clear a level.  Level 1798 is considered a "hard" level but even on the non-hard levels I end up closing the level because I don't see a way to get it completed with the number of moves available.  It is not an enjoyable game like it used to be.  I do understand that at this higher level they are going to be harder and more challenging but I am finding all these levels impossible.  I am lucky if I can clear maybe 2 or 3 levels in a week and sometimes it's less than that. 

I don't even know what the fix should be.  Adding more moves might not be the easy fix so maybe you guys need to look at what you are required to do for these levels and then "tweak" down the number of orders that need to be collected.

I feel like the levels with popping bottles is controlled more than others. The proof is that sometimes the last bottle doesn’t even show up even after you have used boosters! 
  • Joseph45Joseph45 Posts: 1,582 Legend
    Hello everyone! When it comes to running out of moves in CC Soda, it really depends on the situation, and my current mood. Usually I won’t spend gold bars unless I have tried a plentiful amount of times, and know I can complete the level in 5 more moves or less. Sometimes, when I am in kind of a bad mood and/or just want to win, I might just splurge the gold bars! Usually, however, this is not the case. In fact, a lot of the time I will just brush off the stardust, and try again! 
  • HilzzHilzz Posts: 7
    On the odd occasion you get that moment when you know that a couple more moves would definitely complete the level. But I only ever get an offer of 5 moves for 10 gold bars. Interestingly, unlike Candy Crush Saga's spin the wheel, etc, you don't earn gold bars very often (I have 2 and haven't ever used them. And I don't purchase, ever). So it might be nice to get the chance to earn extra moves on achieving goals.
  • subakaisubakai Posts: 2
    Have been playing King games for about 6 years, I think.  I was actually stuck on Level 64 for two years!  Now on 80-something.  I'm still looking for the daily rewards, and don't see where they might be hiding--that's if you're still giving them.  I  wouldn't mind getting extra moves by watching ads-- a few of the games I play do this.  Also not able to pay for gold.  I like the daily reward in the original game--and the ones that build up when the 'C' appears.  They're pretty generous.
  • HilzzHilzz Posts: 7
    subakai said:
    Have been playing King games for about 6 years, I think.  I was actually stuck on Level 64 for two years!  Now on 80-something.  I'm still looking for the daily rewards, and don't see where they might be hiding--that's if you're still giving them.  I  wouldn't mind getting extra moves by watching ads-- a few of the games I play do this.  Also not able to pay for gold.  I like the daily reward in the original game--and the ones that build up when the 'C' appears.  They're pretty generous.
    Hey, subakai. I downloaded the game from microsoft store to my computer. I play this way and get daily rewards OK. Might be worth a check out?
    In all fairness, even CC Soda has multiple ways to build up boosters: Quests, Bubblegum Hill, competitions, daily timed boosters.

Quests are maximum 3 per day, 1 easy (1 booster), 1 medium (3 boosters), 1 hard (6 boosters) - they get refreshed once you either complete or skip them, so if you don't complete say the hard one in 1 day, the next day you get two new quests (easy and medium) and have a chance to keep going with the partially completed hard ones.

Bubblegum Hill (BGH) gives you 6 lollipop hammers for completing 5 levels on 1 life, plus some gold (very often 1 gold bar, sometimes more - in the older days I even got like 85 gold bars at once, but these days it's very rare to exceed 10). It's not there always for everyone, so when you have it, play it! BGH lasts for multiple hours, which means you have multiple chances to rack up hammers. A strategy I use is to even consider using up to 5 hammers in the last level in order to get less than the full 6 hammers, but at least 1 - and the gold bars ensuing. You also get unlimited lives for 1 hour, but I don't really make much out of that.

Competitions are two-fold, all usually lasting 2 to 3 days: one flavor is Rocket Race, where you get 1 striped hammer anyway (if you lose, you get that by default - if you win, you can pick between 2 regular or 1 striped hammer - and 1 striped is far far better for hairy situations especially with spreading jam or saving hidden bears from honey). The other flavor is where you have to collect either fish, or striped candies, or stars - getting in top spots in the competition also awards boosters, the higher your placement the larger the number of boosters.

Finally, there are daily timed boosters, where you have either fish or choc bombs or color bombs on every level for 2 hours - the way I play them is usually to wait around midnight to play, like 23:55, so I can play after midnight for around 2 hours with every level starting with 2 free types of boosters; almost indispensable when playing new levels, as we've discussed those to be too hard to be played booster-less. Once upon a time, daily boosters were actually not timed but could be stocked up - that probably changed a couple years ago.

Note that these sources of boosters may be active at the same time - so I can, at 00:01, be playing for 2 hours on a set ot 2 types of free boosters on every level when alternating BGH to regular levels while also working on Quests and Competitions... AND it should be noted that playing BGH gives you a 10x bonus on Competitions (1 fish = 10 fishes) plus every booster used, including automatic ones, increases bonus even further (playing BGH or any NEW level with 1 daily booster = 20x, playing with 2 daily boosters = 30x, using a hammer under these conditions = 40x ...).

You know, getting to 2000 gold bars and 1000 lollipop hammers hasn't come around playing occasionally o:)
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 18,968 Superstar
    Those quests and challenges are extremely hard and I give a pat on the back to those who complete Bubblegum Hill.  I don't do well with the fishing.  My favorite is Rocket Race and I always pick the same team, although lately our team isn't doing too well.  I never have extra boosters and it's a miracle when I clear a level!  I'm at 1798 right now so you'd think I would have gotten used to it by now.  Yet I come back and play every single day.  Hey guys, are you having trouble with the daily booster?  I forget which device but it's always stuck on day 1.  I don't complain because at least I'm getting something. 

❤️  Please  take note that if you are playing your game on a mobile device all boosters and lives are saved to that device so that you can play the game when you are offline.  Please do not accumulate them because any updates, crashes or device changes can cause these items to be lost.

❤️ Newbies, this is for you!  Check out all the King game contests here

❤️ Please check out the stories that I created here.

• firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 7,211 Superstar
    Elsa said:
    I don't do well with the fishing.
    I am crying 😂😂😂😂

The only way outside is inside. Namaste 🙏🏻
    🌈
    Check out the first ever Superstar Summer contest and win some gold bars here 😍
    🌈
    Guess my score in Farm Heroes Saga and earn some gold here
    🌈
    Give us your feedback on The Royal Championship in Jelly Saga here
    🌈
    Vote for portal to navigate between levels in Friends Saga here

I never played BGH. But it could be a nice thing to collect things there. In Pet Resque there is something of the same. I hate that game as I usually fail at 3 or 4 and never make it to 5. I have not seen BGH in some time now. If you say.. using 5 hammers to get 6, I don't have ANY hammers..
    Rocket race was very often a month or so ago.. but now it seems to be reduced again to once every week or 2 weeks.
    If you loose you get a swaphand not a striped lollipop. And.. that is not always working.

Problem with me is: I play on several devices. Boosters are not synchronized.. so a little or none on everything and if there is a difficult level.. Rainbowroad is gone.. I have only one or none daily boosters.. no hammers.. Some levels are not playable to me.

For getting initial hammers - go with quests and build up a few before attempting to go for the 6 on BGH. And yes, it might be frustrating to have to start again at 1, but that's the point of the game IMO - not too hard, not too easy (though there are some versions of BGH where making it through the 5th or sometimes the 4th level requires extraordinary luck - and those days I just pass on BGH as well).

Rocket Race: you're right, it's a free switch when you lose - and both that and striped hammers are incredibly useful, so be patient and build them up as well!

Multiple devices: I am in fact transitioning from my old phone to the new one, and I'm playing both sides; all new levels on the old one using the piled-up boosters, BGH on both to build up (especially on the new one). It's a two-faced argument and I'm working to exploit the positive side of it B)