What's your experience when you ran out of moves? - We want your feedback!

XarlyXarly Posts: 1,652 Community Manager
Hey everyone!

As you all know, we are always searching for ways for you to enjoy Soda even more every day! That's why today, the Studio would love to know what your experience is like when trying to obtain more moves after not passing the level.

All feedback is welcome! If you experienced any issues during that process, or perhaps some of the text was unclear, etc - we would love to hear from you!

Please stay constructive, we are all trying to make it better together :smile: .

Cheers,
Xarly
Prev1345678

Comments

• Yaz_MilaniYaz_Milani Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    Firstly, if I have only a few moves left to win I would consider spending some gold bars for the extra 5 moves. That is only if I have enough to spare! If not then I get very happy given the option of watching a video for free moves- although that is limited to luck and you might not get the maximum 5 extra moves. If all fails. I try again! 
  • Alessandro_SAlessandro_S Posts: 312 Superstar
    I'm past 2700 and rely on BGH to stock tons of hammers and gold bars for continues, as in every episode there are at least 3 levels which are impossible to finish without continues even when:
    - playing with full rainbow bow
    - playing around midnight with double 2-hour fish + color or choc bomb boosters
    - starting with combo of color+choc or color+fish
    - using 5 hammers

So yes, I also think the game has become a tad too hard overall.

As per extra moves, +1 or +2 almost never help, so a video should yield a full +5 or even more (as it happens in Candy Crush).
  • JetKuil-SnaterseJetKuil-Snaterse Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    I am at level 1654. I am not in the possibility to buy gold or anything and rely on the daily and given boosters only.
    The video at the end for extra moves is nice and the video for boosters at the beginning is also nice.. BUT that is not working any more - I reported that - AND - getting 5 more moves was an illusion and not given away ANY time ever. 1 move most of the time.. sometimes 2 moves but never 5 as promised possibility. 
    Some levels are not finish-able without boosters. I don't think that is correct!! Or to make it more clear - they can ONLY be finished when you combine a one-color and multi-color booster. If you run out them like I do sometimes.. or run out of position-switching hands.. it takes weeks even with the daily unlimited life and one booster to finish. I almost play daily so - 30 min a day of infinite life x 2 weeks to finish a level = 14 x 30 min. = 6-10 hours of continues playing without getting any further. And that is not because incompetence.. but because the game does not let you win.. things don't drop.. bottles don't appear etc. etc. So you start to feel stupid by playing a game that is clearly does not want to be played.
    Some levels - and I wrote something about that - boosters are NOT doing what they need to do or are auto-combusting. That happens mostly in the difficult levels.
    Than I am planing how to get a multicolored/onecolor booster to combine with fishes or bomb sweets or striped ones.. but before I can strategically make moves.. it just sets of.. or fishes set it of. (specially the pink ones) That is killing the gameplay fun for me. It feels personally that I am "robbed" of my booster. Or - you just need that one honey bear cleared - that one bottle to pop - and the fishes start picking random useless blocks instead of that last one needed. I see that as a commercial - we from King want to make money on the game - buy boosters - buy more moves with gold - kind of thing. Understandable but not fair for people like me who cannot afford it to buy them. Because than MY gameplay is good (I cleared a fish as booster) but the fish is not helping but trolling. And it happens so obvious that it is annoying.
    Another thing that happens with the boosters in the difficult levels - you combine a multi colored booster with a striped sweet.
    Often - in the honey or iced levels mostly - I noticed it just does not clear the indicated line of the stripe.

I totally agree with Elsa's statement. I so very much recognize that. Than I open the game for the daily boosters and unlimited life but after one or two games.. I am leaving out of frustration. A game should be fun. Gameplay (as in strategically made moves) should be rewarded and not depending on random game hiccups or obvious commercial interests.

What I would like to see:
    Facebook friends that can give me lollypops to hit instead of lives.
    "Honest" difficult levels and not counterproductive boosters or irrational number of moves.
    More "challenges" to EARN boosters. And not the challenges - get more stars or finish 5 more levels - because if you are stuck in a level without boosters it is not possible to GET more stars or to get any further.. But more of the - get 1000 green sweets. Combine 2 fishes, combine striped ones, make multi-colored boosters etc.
    edited December 2018
    See this level: I am out of boosters.
    39 out of 40 moves done.. and this is where I am. (and this example is probably even one of the best I have done in this level)
    4x no more moves possible.
    40x just switching and moving around without getting any further so you feel totally stupid for even trying.
    No dropping stripes, no dropping fishes, no room to create them yourself.
    And this is called - difficult... well.. my definition would be - impossible.
    This is DEMOTIVATING!
    My Last try of the day - I am out of lives.
    Played it 5 times.. managed to save 1 bear in all the tries.
    Again.. 1 move left - 39 done.

Ahhhhh.. I wrote a whole piece.. and now it is gone.. Like half an hour of typing. >:)
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 16,481 Superstar
    It might not be gone.  Things take a bit longer here so give it a bit and it might come back.  I did read it!
    You can find out more about our Superstars here

Please  take note that if you are playing your game on a mobile device all boosters and lives are saved to that device so that you can play the game when you are offline.  Please do not accumulate them because any updates, crashes or device changes can cause these items to be lost.
    Join us in..............................

• firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 5,492 Superstar
    I can see it too, so it's here, don't worry @JetKuil-Snaterse
    You can find out more about our Superstars here

The only way outside is inside. Namaste 🙏🏻
    Elsa said:
    I find that the game has gotten very difficult to play even though I'm at level 1798.  I am losing interest in this game and I'll give you an example.  This level, 1798, wants you to pop 8 bottles.  Too much licorice dropping and blocking the candies.  When I am almost out of moves I only have 3/8 so I don't even bother finishing it.  I end it and I can't tell you in the past few months how many times I've had to just end the level because I knew that I couldn't clear a level.  Level 1798 is considered a "hard" level but even on the non-hard levels I end up closing the level because I don't see a way to get it completed with the number of moves available.  It is not an enjoyable game like it used to be.  I do understand that at this higher level they are going to be harder and more challenging but I am finding all these levels impossible.  I am lucky if I can clear maybe 2 or 3 levels in a week and sometimes it's less than that. 

I don't even know what the fix should be.  Adding more moves might not be the easy fix so maybe you guys need to look at what you are required to do for these levels and then "tweak" down the number of orders that need to be collected.

Elsa said:
    It might not be gone.  Things take a bit longer here so give it a bit and it might come back.  I did read it!
    No, I don't see it any more.. I wrote a whole lot like big letter.. posted it.
    After that I places a second message with the pictures. I can now only see the pictures

I feel like the levels with popping bottles is controlled more than others. The proof is that sometimes the last bottle doesn’t even show up even after you have used boosters! 
    So.. my totally explained large comment is gone.
    I am not going to type that again but make a summery.

1. I think it is very unfair that the game is not playable without boosters. I am not in the position to buy gold or boosters. I have to do it with what is earned or given on a daily basis. If you are out of boosters.. a level is not playable.
    Sometimes the ONLY way to finish a level is by combining onecolor-booster with multicolor-booster. So it takes an unwanted amount of time. (see my example above)
    30 min. of life a day. 2 or 3 weeks to finish.. is 30 x 14/21 days = 6 to 10 hours of continue play. And still not finish-able. And not because my gameplay sucks.. it is just because Soda does not want you to finish the level. 

2. I like the extra moves for a little commercial.. Only - IT DOES NOT WORK ANY MORE!! (made a topic about it)
    Plus - the promise of 5 extra move is a hoax.. you get 1 extra move.. maybe 2 but I have never ever received +5 moves.
    If you have the daily bonus with a booster and 30 min. of life.. several times it happened to me if you watch a video.. it gives you exactly the same booster.. as you already have on that day. So basically you are watching a commercial video for nothing. I don't like that as it makes you feel cheated upon. 

3. I find it utterly frustrating that boosters automatically combust in the difficult levels or are triggered by pink fishes. (made a topic about that aswell). You are planing and moving to have a booster with a striped sweet or fish combined.. and all of the sudden.. boommm.. booster gone on nothing. Fishes who are not helping but just plop insignificant blocks. Than you just have to save one more bear, one more soda.. you managed to free a fish.. and than the fish does something stupid. Almost always in the difficult levels. I very much think that is commercially induced to buy more gold or moves.
    If you combine a multi colored booster with a striped one.. often - and again mostly in the difficult levels - all the striped sweets do not clear that line. It is a second of utter chaos.. and than you watch again.. and I am sure there was a striped sweet but the line was not any better. (honey or icey) As you cannot follow all the striped once.. I started following 1 or 2. In a combination I am very sure not all is cleared what should have been cleared. (that is a good way to make a difficult level to - just make sure not all the boosters work)

4. I totally agree with Elsa's message.. See my message above with the pictures.

5. tips of improvement:
    * Like Elsa said - give a certain levels more moves.
    * Give more opportunity to win boosters or lollypops. And not the challenges - get 5 more levels or get more stars.. If you are totally stuck in a level.. how in *piepsname* can you get more stars or more levels if you are stuck??? But things like - combine multicolor with striped. Or get 1000 green blocks or 100 fishes or whatever.
    * Make levels "Fair" by letting the boosters do what they need to do.. but not by setting them of.. or create drunk non functional fishes.
    * I would like my facebookfriends give me lollypops.. I don't need lives.. If I play every day I am given 30 min. of infinite life. I need boosters and lollypops to get through the stupid totally frustrating "difficult" levels.

I hope this messages stays..
  • Joseph45Joseph45 Posts: 1,559 Superstar
    Hello everyone! When it comes to running out of moves in CC Soda, it really depends on the situation, and my current mood. Usually I won’t spend gold bars unless I have tried a plentiful amount of times, and know I can complete the level in 5 more moves or less. Sometimes, when I am in kind of a bad mood and/or just want to win, I might just splurge the gold bars! Usually, however, this is not the case. In fact, a lot of the time I will just brush off the stardust, and try again! 
  • HilzzHilzz Posts: 7
    On the odd occasion you get that moment when you know that a couple more moves would definitely complete the level. But I only ever get an offer of 5 moves for 10 gold bars. Interestingly, unlike Candy Crush Saga's spin the wheel, etc, you don't earn gold bars very often (I have 2 and haven't ever used them. And I don't purchase, ever). So it might be nice to get the chance to earn extra moves on achieving goals.
  • subakaisubakai Posts: 1
    Have been playing King games for about 6 years, I think.  I was actually stuck on Level 64 for two years!  Now on 80-something.  I'm still looking for the daily rewards, and don't see where they might be hiding--that's if you're still giving them.  I  wouldn't mind getting extra moves by watching ads-- a few of the games I play do this.  Also not able to pay for gold.  I like the daily reward in the original game--and the ones that build up when the 'C' appears.  They're pretty generous.