New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Options

Comments

• dalec
    dalec Posts: 24 Level 2
    Options
    Xarly, this is not an optional feature if you want to get anywhere in the game. Quests were needed to get through the levels. It's not a "nice" addition and we no longer enjoy the game.
  • ISurvived
    ISurvived Posts: 50 Level 3
    Options
    Our only option is to never use boosters because we can't earn any more. 

Reminds me of a time I called a coffee company to complain about the smaller packages and higher prices. The person I spoke to said they "surveyed hundreds of people before they changed the package size and they ALL thought that it was a GREAT idea." Really? Less coffee for more money? 

This is exactly the same. And just as frustrating. 
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    Hmm...coffee and toffee!
  • ROBCamra
    ROBCamra Posts: 64 Level 3
    Options
    Xarly said:There is no plan on bringing the quests back at the moment. Mr Toffee's fair, as mentioned from the very beginning is a new version of the previous quests. I understand that many of you here were big fans of the quests but the reality is that, when looking at the whole community of millions of players, this feature was underwhelming and was not enjoyed and used by a lot of our players.
    That is such a load of garbage, you're not listening and you're not asking the right players.

Over the weekend I won BGH 3 times and gained a net 16 lollipop hammers and a few gold bars.

I've been stuck on a Superhard level for ages and with no Quests I couldn't win the boosters to get it beat.

Eventually after about 343 tries (it felt like more) I got to a point where I realised I could beat it.

It took 10 gold bars for 5 extra moves and twelve, yes TWELVE lollipop hammers.

I was sooooo bored with it that I almost gave up. It's just not fun anymore.

So if the Quests are never coming back then I think its ROBrexit for me to give a slap to another bunch of clueless numpties.
  • Yosca
    Yosca Posts: 15,142 Soda Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yosca said:
    @Xarly, you’re saying you need more time. Please explain to me why don’t have everybody Toffee then? I don’t and this is an unfair situation. I have to wait till....? Please respond!

@Xarly. I’m still waiting for an answer.....
    Quests won’t come back you say, so no possibility of receiving boosters.
  • ISurvived
    ISurvived Posts: 50 Level 3
    Options
    ROBCamra, you are right. Nobody is listening. Want some more expensive but smaller containers of coffee? Lol.
  • tmwallace
    tmwallace Posts: 76 Pro Player 👑
    Options
    In the entire time Mr. Toffee's fair has been active I've received 2 boosters: an hour of fish and one wrapped candy. I feel that it's almost impossible to earn boosters. My teammates are still working on tasks and have not checked a single tile on this board. The tasks left to finish a row by myself require me to buy boosters (use striped lollipop hammer 4 times. I only have one). If quests aren't coming back maybe tweak Mr. Toffees fair so that we get more boosters faster and don't make any of the tasks that require you to use boosters that you have to buy if you don't have enough. And I think it would be better to get rid of the team idea. It's not really fair if those players aren't playing and you have to depend on them to finish a row.
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    Options
    No, they re not listening... The quests did not bring money...
    Now, they hope people will give up and buy boosters after being sick for weeks.
    All the rest is just filling up empty space. They know Mr Stupid is hated, they know it is not even worth the time you must put in. They are not naive, they know about videogames. 
    What I wonder about are their commercial ads. You know, when you wait 30 seconds to get a black ball or a soft candy - but never the 2 of them, or if it happens, they are so far away, nothing can be done.
    Anyway, people are PAYING for those commercials. If they lose 50% of the players.... they will lose most of the ads. 
    Think of it!

• bullywooly
    bullywooly Posts: 73 Level 3
    Options
    Xarly said:
    Hi everyone,

Let us introduce you to: Mr Toffee's Fair! From tomorrow on, you will start seeing this new feature in game. But, what is it about?

Mr Toffee’s Fair is a board game played in a team of 3!

It’s the new version of Quests – but even better, because

• You win prizes faster
    • You get to work in a team, and all earn prizes together

How does it work?

• You will be put in a team at random with two other players to complete a board together.
    • Each board has 16 tiles. Each tile is a task, which your team members complete one at a time.
    • Your team wins when together you complete a row or column of 4 tasks (no diagonals!) Then you all get a prize!

How to Play

• Each player can tap on a tile to see a task before choosing it.
    • Once you successfully complete a task, the tile becomes a tick. Make a row or column of 4 ticks to win the board!
    • Players can only play one task at a time and can complete two tasks per day.
    • Don’t leave it too long! Boards expire within 14 days
    • When you finish the board, you will automatically get a new board with a new team.

What can I win?

Mr Toffee has a whole load of prizes to hand out! These include lollipop hammers, wrapped candies, color bombs, and so much more. Play to find out what you could win!

Remember, only team members who have completed at least one task on a board will get prizes. So go on, help out your team!

Here is a video that explains how the mechanics work:

https://youtu.be/Y8lM85zrUwM

If you have any feedback or question around it, don't be shy and comment below!

• bullywooly
    bullywooly Posts: 73 Level 3
    Options
    This has got to be the worst decision you have ever made on soda to replace quests. It doesn’t make you get prizes quicker, every board I’ve played the other players don’t join in and you wait days to get a prize, has really ruined my game time now, thinking about quitting as totally unfair.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?