New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    Jami, I think we all agree. Plus the team members blocking the board...

To be clear, the game is not fun anymore. Obviously, King is looking for new players, younger, beginners, and does not care about the old troops.
    I think it is just economics and probably falling revenue from an older game more than anything.  I also play Jelly and it is still pretty generous with boosters.
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    I stopped jelly around 1600, when all levels got so hard it took weeks to pass one. Where are you, susan?
  • susanm9090
    I stopped jelly around 1600, when all levels got so hard it took weeks to pass one. Where are you, susan?
    I am only at 1379.  But you get usable boosters at some levels and also from playing side games.  For example I played the first of five, very easy and got two fish and a bomb when I completed it.  And I actually like Jelly’s games better, a little less repetitive than Soda.
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    One of my (many) frustrations with Mr. Toffee is that you don’t know what you are playing for.  For a while I thought that the reward you got was based on the difficulty of the line that was completed, but now I think there is just one reward assigned to a board and it doesn’t matter which line gets completed.  @Xarly, (or anyone) can you enlighten me on this? 

And while I’m on the subject of frustrations, Mr. Toffee was advertised as a feature to earn rewards faster.  I’ve not found that to be true as my teams have been lucky to complete one board per week.  Anyone having better luck at how frequently your teams complete boards?
  • disappointedbyking
    @candysodacrusher, I had the same thoughts, but no, it depends on the size of the moon, or the mood of the programmers?
    I've got horrible rewards, like one-hour free play and a striped candy, or good ones, if minimal, like a striped hammer.
    With the quests, I used to get all of the available boosters in a day or 2, meaning 10 of them. 
  • ISurvived
    ISurvived Posts: 50 Level 3
    I have noticed somewhat of a "pattern" when my board is completed. It seems like I have received the same reward twice and then the next two boards it's the same rewards. So, I'll get an hour of striped candy and a coloring bomb for two boards and something different for.the next two. 

@candysodacrusher, I agree, the rewards DO NOT come as fast as the quests and the amount is nowhere near as many. The hard quests would reward six items and they were not timed. 

If you are not able to play for that hour, you lose your prize. Most of us don't have all day to play games on the computer or tablet or phone. 

I don't know. Yes, we are all frustrated and there want the quests back but that's not happening. Yes, they are listening. But it isn't as much fun to play any more. 

I had hoped that after three months of talking about it would have been enough but I guess not. Mr. Toffee is still here. 
  • Ditte
    Ditte Posts: 464 Level 3
    One of my (many) frustrations with Mr. Toffee is that you don’t know what you are playing for.  For a while I thought that the reward you got was based on the difficulty of the line that was completed, but now I think there is just one reward assigned to a board and it doesn’t matter which line gets completed.  @Xarly, (or anyone) can you enlighten me on this? 

And while I’m on the subject of frustrations, Mr. Toffee was advertised as a feature to earn rewards faster.  I’ve not found that to be true as my teams have been lucky to complete one board per week.  Anyone having better luck at how frequently your teams complete boards?
      It's very different. Sometimes I make a row by myself over two days and then another two tiles on the new board. Sometimes if another player is active AND we're working on the same row we can complete a row in half an hour. And sometimes when I'm blocked or I'm the only active player and there are no rows without hands or striped lollies or new levels it can take up to a week because I have to wait for Friday and new levels. 
  • susanm9090

About every three days for me.  Although sometimes I will drag it out an extra day because I like to time finishing a board with getting my daily booster so I can pair whatever the board might give me with my daily booster.
  • disappointedbyking
    edited July 2019
    it depends... some boards are bad, asking you for the ridiculous stuff (use the striped hammer) and tasks that are stupid, like pass a new frosting level. Or bubble, or whatever, that may be 10 levels away! It may take a long time then. Plus my computer and phone don't register the advance for the task. If I have to match 2 striped twice, it has to be on the phone or the computer. One march done on the phone is not accepted by the computer, so it starts from 0. 
  • Jami_Fagala
    Jami_Fagala Posts: 71 Level 3
    As long as I don’t get blocked I can complete a line in 2 days. I have completed a line in the same day a couple of times when someone else actually helps but that doesn’t happen often. That advertisement saying you get rewards faster is just not true. With quests I got rewards everyday and didn’t have to depend on someone else to make that happen. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?