New Feature: Soda Squad

Comments

• Kathy_Shattuck
    Kathy_Shattuck Posts: 45 Level 2
    If by the stats, you mean the leaderboard, I still have that which is weird considering the objective of a number of levels changed.  Seems to me the new ones are easier than the old ones.  Again, why?????
    Not the leaderboards, it's something different. Every time I complete a level, new or old, I get a list of my "stats" for that level, like how many fish, colorbombs, striped candies, etc. that I created on that level. There is literally no point to it.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    If by the stats, you mean the leaderboard, I still have that which is weird considering the objective of a number of levels changed.  Seems to me the new ones are easier than the old ones.  Again, why?????
    Not the leaderboards, it's something different. Every time I complete a level, new or old, I get a list of my "stats" for that level, like how many fish, colorbombs, striped candies, etc. that I created on that level. There is literally no point to it.
    Wow that is dumb...the only point I can see for that would be to monitor your progress towards completing a daily quest that calls for x amount of wrapped or color bombs, etc... which is easily done by simply clicking on the already-existing medal icon on the main screen.  Who comes up with this useless stuff like this?
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    @Kathy_Shattuck and @Dirty_Nurse

Agree with you both.  What would be the point of the stats from the players perspective?

Unless of course there is something new and exciting in store for us that utilizes such information.  

Waiting with bated breath...

• Xarly
    Xarly Posts: 2,509 Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Will now answer some of your notes made recently:
    @Kathy_Shattuck and @Dirty_Nurse. Holy Guacamole!  They didn’t just change them, they CHANGED them!  

Why???????
    Probably because players like me were using them to get too many boosters via the daily quests.  I’ll simply have to change my strategy now, that’s all.  What a joke @Xarly is claiming that these “changes to the “team” features will take time” when it’s abundantly clear they have plenty of time on their hands since they can change AT LEAST 25 levels for no reason at all.
    The reason those levels are reworked is because a team of level designers is looking at the experience of new players and is improving their journey and making sure their experience is optimised. The fact that you are a high level player does not mean other players are not. You are only capable of seeing the reality from your scope and you keep taking that as the ultimate truth of what's happening. There are millions of other experiences out there that you are completely disregarding. As of today, Soda receives thousands of new players every day, so it's important that we make sure our content is up to date and exciting for them (and our numbers show it is working, which is great).
    I kept playing to see how many levels were changed. The first 29 are totally different now, 30 goes back to normal. Also, why did they add the "stats"screen after every level played?? It doesn't add anything to the game, it's not like you get a reward if you beat your old stats. It's just another weird change to this game that I don't think anyone wanted or needed.
    Those stats you are seeing are a small new addition that a team has added. They asked me recently to check on the community perception of it, so your feedback will be sent their way. I plan on creating a thread about this soon to actually gather a general feeling for it. It's a small addition to add for the player to be able to see their own stats and also another addition so that they can check how they perform compared to others. I'm also taking notes on what the rest

the problem is that out of millions of people, we are ... 20? criticizing. The silence of most players is frightening!
    If you look at other review/comment platforms you’ll see that on each one players like us have nothing but bad things to say about these various “team” features.  Nobody has yet said how much they enjoy the Farce or being part of a “team” made of cpu-generated “teammates” in any of the various platforms that I have seen though to be fair I probably only have viewed a very small portion.  The Farce, in particular, has been going on since I think February and I don’t think a thing was done to change it even with literally THOUSANDS of negative posts/comments/reviews/etc...

Trust me, they have received far more negativity than from just us here, they simply choose to ignore it for some reason.  I hope they lose a lot of players because of these poor changes they have been making lately!
    I have addressed multiple times to you that every player you are paired with, both on Mr. Toffee's Fair and on the Soda Squad are real players. When a player shows up as player+numbers is because the player is not connected either via the Kingdom or via Facebook. I would appreciate if you stopped spreading false information that was already even clarified to you by me in the past.

If you all would like to open a thread to discuss the feature, that would be great. I would appreciate if we stuck to feedback on the Soda Squad here, as it makes my job (and the Studio when looking through) easier.

Cheers,
    Xarly
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    well, Xarly, if they are real, they are unbelievably stupid. On MTF, there was only one line possible without using a hand, a hammer, or passing bubble or frosting levels. Of course, someone has parked there... So I won't even play it. It was the same last week, and the one before. Are they real? How can I know? I never thought human beings could be that lousy. 
    Any enjoyment from the game is gone. 
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    edited July 2019
    Xarly said:
    Hi everyone,

Will now answer some of your notes made recently:
    @Kathy_Shattuck and @Dirty_Nurse. Holy Guacamole!  They didn’t just change them, they CHANGED them!  

Why???????
    Probably because players like me were using them to get too many boosters via the daily quests.  I’ll simply have to change my strategy now, that’s all.  What a joke @Xarly is claiming that these “changes to the “team” features will take time” when it’s abundantly clear they have plenty of time on their hands since they can change AT LEAST 25 levels for no reason at all.
    The reason those levels are reworked is because a team of level designers is looking at the experience of new players and is improving their journey and making sure their experience is optimised. The fact that you are a high level player does not mean other players are not. You are only capable of seeing the reality from your scope and you keep taking that as the ultimate truth of what's happening. There are millions of other experiences out there that you are completely disregarding. As of today, Soda receives thousands of new players every day, so it's important that we make sure our content is up to date and exciting for them (and our numbers show it is working, which is great).
    I kept playing to see how many levels were changed. The first 29 are totally different now, 30 goes back to normal. Also, why did they add the "stats"screen after every level played?? It doesn't add anything to the game, it's not like you get a reward if you beat your old stats. It's just another weird change to this game that I don't think anyone wanted or needed.
    Those stats you are seeing are a small new addition that a team has added. They asked me recently to check on the community perception of it, so your feedback will be sent their way. I plan on creating a thread about this soon to actually gather a general feeling for it. It's a small addition to add for the player to be able to see their own stats and also another addition so that they can check how they perform compared to others. I'm also taking notes on what the rest

the problem is that out of millions of people, we are ... 20? criticizing. The silence of most players is frightening!
    If you look at other review/comment platforms you’ll see that on each one players like us have nothing but bad things to say about these various “team” features.  Nobody has yet said how much they enjoy the Farce or being part of a “team” made of cpu-generated “teammates” in any of the various platforms that I have seen though to be fair I probably only have viewed a very small portion.  The Farce, in particular, has been going on since I think February and I don’t think a thing was done to change it even with literally THOUSANDS of negative posts/comments/reviews/etc...

Trust me, they have received far more negativity than from just us here, they simply choose to ignore it for some reason.  I hope they lose a lot of players because of these poor changes they have been making lately!
    I have addressed multiple times to you that every player you are paired with, both on Mr. Toffee's Fair and on the Soda Squad are real players. When a player shows up as player+numbers is because the player is not connected either via the Kingdom or via Facebook. I would appreciate if you stopped spreading false information that was already even clarified to you by me in the past.

If you all would like to open a thread to discuss the feature, that would be great. I would appreciate if we stuck to feedback on the Soda Squad here, as it makes my job (and the Studio when looking through) easier.

Cheers,
    Xarly
    Thanks for responding, @Xarly, however you never answered my fairly recent question about these “teammates”.  I had asked if these “teammates” can open up the game on their devices and see the same screen we do at the same time we are looking at it.  As other players here note, it seems pretty incredulous that players pick easy tasks which will complete lines then simply fail to do them.  Sure, people in general are extremely stupid nowadays(any of you that deal with the general public can most certainly attest to that) but if there’s one thing people are good at it’s getting free stuff with the absolute minimum effort possible.

Also, what was wrong with the first 29 levels that millions of us players seemingly had no difficulties with?  The Farce has had complaints dating back from February and nothing has been done to assuage thousands of players’ concerns.  Not that I read every post on here but I strongly doubt there were people complaining about the first handfuls of levels.  Funny how the studio has plenty of time on their hands to unnecessarily completely redo almost 30 levels yet they can’t change(or better yet remove) the one feature everyone hates.

I await your response, @Xarly!  Oh, and if I come off as belligerent towards you, I understand the situation you’re in.  Nothing personal, I assure you, I know you have to relay the info that King and the studio give to you the best way possible to us players. 
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,638 Sweet Legend
    Hi all, so now that this message is up to 19 pages I finally got the Soda Squad in my game last night.  Now I have to seriously go reread everyone's message here again. 
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    FYI - @Kathy_Shattuck, @Dirty_Nurse, @disappointedbyking, @Xarly

I started a new discussion about the changes levels and our recent exchanges here.  
  • susanm9090
    susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    Soda Squad showed up for me four days ago .   My “team” has achieved  67 points in that time.   I think by 2020 we should reach 800 points and I now have an additional group of non players to irritate me every day.  Thanks King making this such a non fun game,
  • disappointedbyking
    disappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    @candysodacrusher, I can't find your thread. Trying to, though, but I don't see it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?