Unable to connect to Facebook or registered email

Options
pmainwaring
pmainwaring Posts: 16 Level 2
Hi, I'm having the same problem with Alphabetty Saga as I had with Candy Crush Soda Saga where I cannot connect to Facebook or my registered email so I am unable to save my progress. I am also unable to register a new email using one of my other email addresses. The error I receive is "There was a connection problem. Try again in a bit".
 I am playing the game on my Samsung tablet. It used to work but stopped a few months back.

I raised a support ticket (8657646) but none of the suggestions on the reply have worked.

My problem on Candy Crush was resolved so I wonder if the same process can be done for me on Alphabetty Saga?

Thanks.

Answers

• abe_coffee
    abe_coffee Posts: 1,976 Level 5
    edited October 2019
    Options
    hi @pmainwaring
    sorry that AB is not working on your tablet
    whenever the app quits working on my tablet or if there are over 500 lives on the tablet ... reloading the app usually fixes the problem
    am guessing you have already tried to reload the app
    In that case @Crazy_Cat_Lad can help with your account.
    Crazy_Cat_Lad usually responds to the community during the week.

• pmainwaring
    Options
    Thanks for you r reply. When you say reloading the app, do you mean uninstalling and reinstalling it? Wouldn't that lose whatever progress you've made?
  • abe_coffee
    Options
    under normal circumstances ... when the app uninstalled and then downloaded  ... your progress is not lost
    however, lives are reset back to zero
    should your progress be lost then @Crazy Cat Lad can look at your account

before you uninstall and reinstall you might try  'My account' and try to login using facebook
    again, you may have tried this before

• pmainwaring
    Options
    I have tried using My Account. That is when I get the problem. It doesn't matter whether I try Facebook, my existing email account or using a different email account that I have, it still gives me the same message "There was a connection error. Try again in a bit"
    I'm nervous about uninstalling the app as I fear I will be back to level 1 when I reinstall it.
  • abe_coffee
    Options
    good idea to wait ... @Crazy Cat Lad  may be able to help ... good luck
  • Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi @pmainwaring !

To fix this connection issue you will need to reinstall the app as mentioned. Meaning uninstall the game and then download it again from Google Play Store. 

Boosters and Lives will be lost in this process, but I am able to manually restore any purchased items and the levels if you lose any progress.

If a simple reinstall doesn't help then try these steps instead:

-Delete the game from your device
    Settings > Apps/ Application manager > choose the game and tap 'Uninstall'

-Stay in Settings > Apps/ Application manager and tap 'Google Play Store'

-From here click on 'Clear cache' then 'Uninstall updates’ and finally 'Clear data'. Please notice that you will get a warning when clicking the 'Clear data' button - don't worry as it's just a reset.

-Restart the device

-Download the game again from Google Play 

-Finally open the game and connect it to your Facebook or King account 

Let me know how it goes... 

• thessao
    thessao Posts: 310 Level 3
    Options
    Hi @pmainwaring !

To fix this connection issue you will need to reinstall the app as mentioned. Meaning uninstall the game and then download it again from Google Play Store. 

Boosters and Lives will be lost in this process, but I am able to manually restore any purchased items and the levels if you lose any progress.

If a simple reinstall doesn't help then try these steps instead:

-Delete the game from your device
    Settings > Apps/ Application manager > choose the game and tap 'Uninstall'

-Stay in Settings > Apps/ Application manager and tap 'Google Play Store'

-From here click on 'Clear cache' then 'Uninstall updates’ and finally 'Clear data'. Please notice that you will get a warning when clicking the 'Clear data' button - don't worry as it's just a reset.

-Restart the device

-Download the game again from Google Play 

-Finally open the game and connect it to your Facebook or King account 

Let me know how it goes... 

Hi, 
    How would this be done on an iPhone? I have issues connecting my Alphabetty game to FB most days (works very rarely) since it says it can’t find an internet connection. Problem is that the internet connection works fine, and I can use Candy crush and other King games with FB, but Alphabetty refuses to budge. Would be very grateful if you could help me solve this one! 
  • Crazy Cat Lad
    Options
    Hi @thessao !

Try these steps on your iPhone to reconnect to Facebook. 

-Delete the Facebook app and the game app from the device
    -Close all tabs in Safari and clear the browser cache by going to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
    -Turn off the device and wait about 30 seconds to clear the cache
    -Turn on the device again
    -Download the game from App Store (but not the Facebook app) 
    -Open Safari and log in to your Facebook account through the browser
    -Open the game and connect it to Facebook
    -Once you're connected you can reinstall the Facebook app and continue using it if you wish

I hope this helps! 
  • pmainwaring
    Options
    Hi, I finally got round to trying this but it has not gone well. I was on level 527 before the attempt to resolve to problem.
    I followed your instructions and uninstalled the app and reinstalled but when I try to login with my email or with Facebook I still got "There was a connection error. Try again in a bit". I'm back to level 1 again of course.
    I uninstalled again and cleared all the junk files, rebooted and reinstalled but get the same thing.
    I tried uninstalling from Settings>Apps and uninstalling updates in PlayStore but still the get the same error message after a reinstall.
    I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A ((Model SM-T580).
    If I install the game on my Samsung Galaxy S10e phone then I can login to my email account from within the game and it puts me on level 353.
    If I install Candy Crush Soda on my tablet (which has never been installed before) I am able to login to my registered email account from within that game.
    I have just gone back to AlphaBetty Saga on my tablet and tried to login to my email and it still says that there is a connection error. The same thing happens if I try using Facebook instead. There must be a residual file or setting somewhere relating to AlphaBetty Saga that is stopping me connecting I guess.
    Any ideas?
  • Crazy Cat Lad
    Options
    OK, thanks for the details @pmainwaring!

No progress after level 353 had been backed up to your King account in AlphaBetty, but I have restored the game now so it should be on 527 when you open it on your phone.

Regarding the connection issue on your tablet. If the trouble shooting steps didn't work out, then there's nothing more we can try out I'm afraid. Please keep an eye for forthcoming updates and see if any of them fixes the issue. 

At this moment, I can only recommend to play on your phone instead. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?