I don't understand how Episode Race works

Options
Debn
Debn Posts: 2 Newbie
edited July 2020 in Discussions

I think some people in the races are made up. Started a new one at 2 this Afternoon and by 10, people have 10 more wins than the rest. Just like when you get out in that other stupid contest and you have no wins but the safer has 42. I guess you need to be playing really low levels.

Best Answer

• LadyRaffie
    LadyRaffie Posts: 4,130 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Debn @hechicerilla and @Nix66 😊

I spoke with the developers in our Studio and I have some more information for you.

So, I can confirm that you are indeed playing against real people! There are no bots and all of your matches are against real people.

The reason that you might feel that you’re playing against a bot is that you’re not actually playing exactly in real-time against other players - there’s a slight delay. This is because our system needs some time to see if the level was difficult to pass for the player, how long it took, etc. So when you are playing the Episode Race, what you are seeing is what other real players did in the same levels, earlier that day or maybe a few days before.

Why the Studio do this? So they can categorize your gameplay performance and pair you with players that had similar performances, therefore your are placed in races adjusted to your level. Imagine, for example, a player took quite a while to finish a level, we don’t want to put him or her against somebody who finished it in no time at all! It wouldn’t be lots of fun for anybody if the most advanced players were paired with players who take their time a bit more, either

So depending on this performance, the Studio puts players into three broad categories: easy, medium, and hard. As you win and lose levels, you’ll move through the categories.

As I said, this way the Studio makes sure that our players have the most fun possible and that they’re matched against people with a similar gameplay performance

I hope that this answers your questions and clarifies things a little more.

Please rest assured that you are indeed playing against other players, there’s just a slight delay to make sure you have the best experience possible.

Have you all a Sodalicious Wednesday 🤗

Answers

• hechicerilla
    hechicerilla Posts: 10,353 Legend
    Options

True @Debn

In fact I know players who are not real, they are robots, machines playing. I do not know how to explain it, they are not sorry, it is a program created to play. I also know cheat people who hack the game to have infinite lives and infinite reinforcements. I really don't see any sense in that, there's no game in that. He loses the emotion, the overcoming, he loses everything, but it bothers us the real players because they always appear in the best rankings without giving the true players a choice

• LadyRaffie
    Options

Hello everyone!

I can undertand how confusing that must be.

Let me talk with the Studio and ask around some questions on why you have been seeing that and will come back to you with an answer.

Does it sound good? 🤗

• LadyRaffie
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Debn @hechicerilla and @Nix66 😊

I spoke with the developers in our Studio and I have some more information for you.

So, I can confirm that you are indeed playing against real people! There are no bots and all of your matches are against real people.

The reason that you might feel that you’re playing against a bot is that you’re not actually playing exactly in real-time against other players - there’s a slight delay. This is because our system needs some time to see if the level was difficult to pass for the player, how long it took, etc. So when you are playing the Episode Race, what you are seeing is what other real players did in the same levels, earlier that day or maybe a few days before.

Why the Studio do this? So they can categorize your gameplay performance and pair you with players that had similar performances, therefore your are placed in races adjusted to your level. Imagine, for example, a player took quite a while to finish a level, we don’t want to put him or her against somebody who finished it in no time at all! It wouldn’t be lots of fun for anybody if the most advanced players were paired with players who take their time a bit more, either

So depending on this performance, the Studio puts players into three broad categories: easy, medium, and hard. As you win and lose levels, you’ll move through the categories.

As I said, this way the Studio makes sure that our players have the most fun possible and that they’re matched against people with a similar gameplay performance

I hope that this answers your questions and clarifies things a little more.

Please rest assured that you are indeed playing against other players, there’s just a slight delay to make sure you have the best experience possible.

Have you all a Sodalicious Wednesday 🤗

• hechicerilla
    Options

Thanks @LadyRaffie , the explanation is very good and you fulfill your role of wonder. The counting system seems logical and fair to me. But ... I can assure you that there are machines playing. It is not a suspicion. I know in person, in real life (I do not know if it is understood when it is translated) people who do not play, but they install a program that plays for them, with no limit of lives, no limit of reinforcements. These people appear in the rankings far above the real players. If necessary, I can give data in private messages. A long time ago I contacted the technical service directly from the game and explained what I said, I asked them if there was a way to prevent it, if they could verify and fix it, but they replied that they did not understand what I was talking about 🤷

• LadyRaffie
    Options

Hello @hechicerilla !

Thank you for your kind words 😍

Yes I know what you mean and the Studio is aware of them. There's a special team that is in charge of banning these called "players" with the help of our players so if you ever see someone that you think it can be a bot, take a screenshot and contact our Support team through the game app 🤗

• hechicerilla
    Options

Perfect. Right now I'm sending the data.

Thanks again 😘

@LadyRaffie

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,794 Level 3
    Options

When I had many levels in front of the game map, I went through 100-150 levels a week. There were more). But less often.

Now I am not a competitor. Because most often I have only 30 new levels per week.

This function is already uninteresting for me. And rarely brings bonuses.

But I think that there are glitches in the game.

There was such a case.

I don’t know exactly what time the new weekly team arrives. But on Monday at 8 a.m., I see that the player who is in the first place has ALREADY completed 293 levels.

Excuse me, but I do not believe this. Even adjusted for time differences.

It is simply not possible.

And further. This player has not added a single level for the whole week. And it remained on Sunday evening - 293. Of course, he won)).

(using google translator)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?