How to write a private message to a forum member?

ElenaVorona
ElenaVorona Posts: 1,794 Level 3
edited May 2023 in Discussions

Sorry for the stupid question. How to write a private message to a forum member?

So as not to post it on a general forum.

I have a private question.

I do not know English. And still I am not well versed in the functions of the forum. And I don’t know which button to press to write a private message to a person)).

I am ashamed of course.

But help me please.

(using google translator)

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,664 Sweet Legend

Hello and welcome to our beautiful community

if you see the player here, please go in their name. Then you are in his profile and there you can write a private message. If dzu no english can not be a problem. # I will give you 3 translators. That will help you further.

Good luck

https://www.translator.eu/english/

https://www.babelfish.de/

https://www.bing.com/translator/

• ElenaVorona

Thank you for responding.

I have an online translator. Google translator.

I ask you to just give me a button that I need to click on to write a message that only the person I write will see.

Okay, I’ll figure it out). Somehow.

A dumb question for everyone except me))

Sorry to disturb the community. The question is being removed.

(using google translator)

• Spinnifix

May I ask who you want to write to?

• Spinnifix
    Answer ✓

You have to go to the player's profile first and then it says Send Message. A green field.

• ElenaVorona

I am trying to contact the admin of my team. Private correspondence.

I wrote it. I hope I did everything right.

Thanks for the help.

• deli29
    deli29 Posts: 37 Level 2

3 years later your question is not stupid! I was stuck and couldn’t even ask “my stupid question” in open forum or private message.

private messages in Soda community must be earned meaning earn it! Collect badge(s)

Looks like no one ever answered your question.

I hope this answer reaches you (with google translation). There is no such thing as a stupid question.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,003 Soda Moderator

Hello @deli29

the question was correctly answered by Spinnifix 🙂

However this is an old discussion about a feature that it was available then but now it's not available anymore for members across all communities. Badges have nothing to do with it.

Only in case you have a private matter to share with a moderator or community manager you make a request openly on the community and then a private conversation is opened by a moderator or community manager.

It's not allowed to share email addresses openly in discussions in order to protect members' privacy (read our House Rules). However you can decide to make your email address visible in your community account settings so you give your consent to other forum members to contact you via email.

Hope this helps

• ElenaVorona

@deli29

You said you were unable to post your message in the public forum. You wrote a message, posted it, and it didn't show up in the community thread, did it?

If that was the case in your case, then that's a different issue. And many players complained about this, including me. But no one has solved this problem yet.

(But my question in this thread was not about the open forum, but only about personal correspondence.)

As for private messages and private correspondence, this function in the Community does not work now. @Pitty_Kitty explained everything correctly.

I want private messages to be available again. But it seems to me that the administration of the Community is categorically against this. I don't know why they don't want to return it. This is what many of us need.

You mentioned badges. This is interesting. But I not understood you. Please clarify.

Are you saying that now any member of the Community can earn for badges the ability to send private messages to other members of the Community? I never heard about it.

Or do you propose the idea that each of us, if we collect some specific badges, then he will be able to send private messages to other members of the Community?

• Spinnifix

@Pitty_Kitty & @ElenaVorona

As I read now now it sounds like a new additional feature to win chatting with migliders. Even I've never heard of it. But to be honest, in this day and age with so much technology, earning it is pretty pathetic. I've said it and seen it so many times, this community is stuck in the Middle Ages. It can't be that you have to earn something like that. This is part of the basic equipment everywhere. Due to the loss of this function, many players have left. You should ensure the player (are also people) his private.

• Pitty_Kitty
    Pitty_Kitty Posts: 13,003 Soda Moderator

There's no additional or replacing feature that can be earned. It doesn't exist.

the situation since this discussion has been originally created has changed and I explained that in my comment.

There's no more than that 🙂

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?