Farm is celebrating 10 years! 👩‍🌾🧑‍🌾
🎉🚜 Get all the info HERE

Why are magic beans zero when offline (out of phone and wifi area)?

Options
dwb
dwb Posts: 115 Level 3

I have tens of thousands of beans when in wifi reach but when disconnected I have 0 and cannot pay for companion helpers.

Best Answer

• dwb
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think this was a bug that has been fixed because now after so long I can turn my phone and wifi off, power down the phone, turn it back on, don't have any phone or wiki bars, start the game, and I now get the 1000's of beans available for use. 

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,365 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hi dwb we are waiting for confirmation to see if its a recent change by the studio :)

• dwb
    Options

Thanks. What'd they say? I noticed that if I win a few beans, like 250 in a quest, that all my thousands appear even though I'm still offline. That means that I don't have to be online to get them initially because they are stored on my phone's local storage. This seems to be a bug.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

I’m going to ask one of the mods again :) 

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    Options

Hi guys,

Beans are now backed up online. This means that you can't loose them in case you need to re-install the game.

However, you'll need to be online so they can sync to your mobile device. If you have the latest version of Farm Heroes Saga installed then you should also be able to use the beans in offline mode by following this method:

1) Start the game while you're in online mode.

2) Once the beans have been synced you can now switch to offline mode and use the beans.

3) Once you go online again the number of beans will sync back to the server.

• Lady_Choo
    Options
  • dwb
    Options

Mark. Thanks for the info, but then why if I win a few beans, like 250 in a quest, that all my thousands appear even though I'm still offline?

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    Options

Hi dwb,

Once you have been online and your beans synced you can now play offline with that amount. When you win beans they will be added to your current amount.

• dwb
    Options

Hi dwb,

Once you have been online and your beans synced you can now play offline with that amount. When you win beans they will be added to your current amount.

Hi Mark. I don't think that answered the question. Start game offline, 0 beans, win a few still offline and they get added to all my 1000's of account beans which are available to use. That means the bean count is on my local device. So why aren't the bean count I had yesterday when I stopped the game online available when starting up offline until a sync?
  • Lady_Choo
    Options
    I am assuming @dwb that when you start the game next day, you have been taken offline even if it doesn't show until you sync again. 
  • dwb
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think this was a bug that has been fixed because now after so long I can turn my phone and wifi off, power down the phone, turn it back on, don't have any phone or wiki bars, start the game, and I now get the 1000's of beans available for use. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?