Farm is celebrating 10 years! πŸ‘©β€πŸŒΎπŸ§‘β€πŸŒΎ
πŸŽ‰πŸšœ Get all the info HERE

Bring back Top Lists, or find a replacement

WaveLino
WaveLino Posts: 66 Level 2
edited August 2020 in Ideas

Hey, so...

Top Lists were added a few years back, and subsequently removed later. I don't know why that was, but apparently missed out on something that would have totally been my style and lifted my mood. Currently I've started a thread where people can share their records, but this community doesn't seem as active as I'd hoped.

Therefore I'd like to make a suggestion to bring it back, or find a replacement for it.

Here's my visualization of how it would work:

For every level, you can see the highest score that someone has got. This could either be with or without the help of boosters, although it's more fair if boosters are not allowed for high scores. Then, you would also see your score, and you would get a percentage of how many others you beat. For example, if you beat 90% of other players for a level, you would see 90%. If you have 100%, that means you got the top score.

I understand that doing the top 5/10/however many people want is hardly doable with such a big database of players playing the game, but it would at least be nice to see how well I'm playing compared to the rest of the pool, even if the percentage is a simplified estimation.

Thanks for reading this! Oh, and if you haven't checked out my High Scores thread, you can find it here in the Farm Heroes Saga subforum in the Discussion threads! C:

5 votes

Active Β· Last Updated

Comments

• Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,670 Sweet Legend

Hello and welcome to our community

It is decided whether it is relevant to the game and whether it could be improved. Some things for the games are more important than others to improve them. The list is only interesting for some of the players and does not influence the game behavior. I will mark the CM what he says about it !!

Hope you get an answer !!

Good luck

@QueenB

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager

@WaveLino, thanks for posting your Idea and the details you have provided, that really helps πŸ˜€

I've also seen your High Scores thread, thanks for sharing πŸ˜‰ We'll make sure to pass this on to the Studio πŸ‘

• WaveLino
    WaveLino Posts: 66 Level 2

Hello my fellas

So this is a follow-up to my previous idea. Basically, this would be a very simple ELO calculator, which estimates how well you are and puts that against that of others.

An ELO calculator is a way to measure a player's form which originated in chess, but is now used in many shapes and sizes, mostly in sports but also in gaming.

Here's an idea of how it could work:

Step 1: Get the average of all scores in the game

Step 2: Put a player's score against the average using a formula. The formula I'm using to calculate my ELO is: (My Score/Average Score) * (1000 / My ELO before Level)^3 * 5 when I am above average, and (Average Score/My Score) * (My ELO before Level)^3 * 5 when I'm below.

For example, my Level 1 score is 338. According to the scores of my opponents, the average of my sample is 139 points (including myself), but adjusting this to account for a small sample size suggests that the average of scores of Level 1 of all players at most is 166, so I will use that number. I scored 338, so my ELO goes up by this amount:

(338/166) * (1000 / 1000)^3 * 5 = +10

My ELO score went up by 10 points, which suggests I did well at the level. But if I was already a much better player, say 1500 was my ELO before this level, I would only go up by 3 points. This is because I was already a great player, and so I am expected to outscore most other players.

I'd be so happy to see something similar implemented in the game itself, although I agree with that most players care nothing about it. Still, it would be nice to see how well I really am, so I'm probably going to continue my own project in the Farm Heroes discussion threads.

Wave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?