๐Ÿ”ฅ Hot right Now in Farm Heroes Saga ๐ŸŒถ

Old VS New Companions - Which one do you prefer?

Options

Comments

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 16,257 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @QueenB, thank you for the tag @encantes I don't have the new companions so I can't make a comparison.

• Lisal6715
    Lisal6715 Posts: 4,070 Level 4
    Options
    I love and prefer the New Companions

which level are you stuck in @Queen_Elsa ? Can you please contact me

• Coreena_Lilly
    Coreena_Lilly Posts: 103 Level 3
    Options

Ne companions are crap. Plain and simple.

This game is now nothing but stress, hatred and anger for me. It use to be my most favorite game...now it's my most hated....I'm just playing to get rid of my hard earned boosters and PAID for gold bars and boosters to quit the game.

I have been playing this game since March 14 2014.....I have put a LOT of effort into it. It use to be a good game...fun....and I was EXCITED to play....NOW....just stress and anger and hatred.

With these new companions they are useless...you never know when you will match a T or L to be able to activate it & when it does activate it DOES NOT do what you want...it does what IT wants...with is usually very helpless....

For ex: The oyster shells...you can have 2 open on the board and instead of the companion opening them it opens 2 more....WHICH IS OF NO HELP!!!

Same goes for the Igniter......it will hit what you don't want it to hit and not the igniter when you need it and it can help.

At least with the old companion. You knew how to activate it.......what you need to get to activate it and when it did activate it did what you knew it would do and it would help.

It's far easier to match 3 than make a T or L or match 4 or 5 whatever it is...

You are the manager in here...so you get paid to "LIKE IT" & "PROMOTE" it.....but we all know you probably hate it as much as the rest of us do.

You cannot tell me one good thing about it.....

I have cried and cried over this....it makes me so sad....something that use to bring me so much joy...now....well...

This was my very first online computer game....I adored it.....I'm having issues with it to delete the game because of my past with it. But the stress, anger nd hatred are not worth it. I am so sad and down about it...I have walked away from the game...gone back to it...but it's all the same stress.

The levels are extremely hard to past without using 10 + boosters.., since there are so FEW MOVES to do so. that with the old companion you could count on it to help...

It sucks to play the same level over and over and over for days, weeks on end that sucks the joy out of it...now the new companion just helps to drain it even more.

We know that King wants to make more money...but if people stop playing...well...you get zero money....I will never ever spend another penny of my hard earned money with King with either game I play...

• BQN537
    BQN537 Posts: 25,102 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @QueenB

I donโ€™t have the new companions so I canโ€™t vote ๐Ÿค ๐Ÿšœ

• rebelchild
    rebelchild Posts: 16,019 Level 5
    Options
    I don't have a preference

It doesn't much matter to me. Both are ok

• me6412
    me6412 Posts: 9,512 Pro Player 👑
    Options
    I will give the new Companion a chance if improvements are made

@QueenB I really don't care which one's they are but seriously improvements are needed either way it goes as in the old companions never use to help you out much accept when you had booster's to use along with them, and sad to say it seems the new companions are falling along with the same way even though the beans are needed to use against Rancid still so we still need those unless the Studio can find a way to off set the unuse of beans in the Rancid levels....hope this helps out....

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,889 Friends Moderator
    Options

I like that I don't have to use magic beans to get help from the new companions.

I have 2 adults in my nursery, but I am disappointed that there are only 4 animals in the Nursery. Maybe the plan is to add more later. I i enjoyed collecting many different animals and birds in the old version.

I agree with @Lady_Choo that I would like the option to turn them off or not activate them. Sometimes, they are not helpful where they throw cropsies.

• spoekie
    spoekie Posts: 10,106 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @QueenB,@Lady_Choo, @PummyRaj, @encantes

I haven't know the old companions since I started to play this game only since a couple of months.

I like them, they are cute and the reward you get when growing them is always welcome.

I have to say that the feature to turn them off comes in handy, great and helpful idea.

• LoveDachs
    LoveDachs Posts: 28,156 Level 5
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I love and prefer the Old Companions

@QueenB ๐Ÿ

I almost chose to give them a chance but couldn't do it...as I wouldn't be truthful to you or myself. I will never like these like the old ones, starting with their appearance. As I said in another thread that I loved the vast compilation of the old ones, so many beautiful creatures and you really had to earn them too...or you did without.

Also I understand what King is doing by making these basically farm or everyday animals, to go along with what's in game. I guess part of the problem is that they should have been that way from the start, then you can't miss what you never had. It's not going to be a game changer for me but I don't enjoy looking at these as I did the old ones and there were so many, it made you feel like you really accomplished something when you got them all. I was still missing half a dozen or so cause they were only for beans and I kept putting them off, as it was nice to get a 5 pack of +1's or color collectors.

I also miss that with the old ones you could but didn't have to choose which one to use and I usually let the game decide for me and it worked out pretty good.and as others have said there was the option to not use any...and now there isn't.

First day I was cussing cause I couldn't see board to be able to make a decision but found out by experimenting that if you tap on screen and hold down anywhere but on the choose a companion, you can study board to make the best decision. Someone said this is easier...I disagree cause now I have to make a decision before every game.

Before if you had all of the companions needed you had a choice between 3, now it's only 2 and I have been finding that now I don't always agree with the chosen 2. On a lot of levels if you only need 100-120 cropsies or so I would have preferred to have a grower and a cleaner to choose from instead of the producer and cleaner..ie level with a lot of flowers and spiders.

I'm sure there will be more maybe lots more companions to come but I hope they also make lots of improvements. I have only been playing a little over a year and didn't play for a few months at all due to being sick but in that timeframe I never knew about making a T or an L to activate companion...I always assumed you had to let the meter fill up and then they were activated. If someone can fill me in on this I would greatly appreciate it. One more thing to add, I have noticed that these new ones aren't as helpful like someone said, the shells are a good example...it will hit at least one closed even if a bunch of them are open half way. Also it seemed to me that before after one did it's thing you sometimes got a lot of action on boards afterwards and I'm not seeing as much of that with new companions.

Thank you @encantes ๐ŸŒž for the tag.

• gordan10
    gordan10 Posts: 10,930 Level 5
    Options

I don't have the new companions, so I can't give an opinion

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?