🎅SANTA Clause is coming to FARM🎅 — 🎁Goodies, Goodies & Goodies🎁

Options

Comments

• Dada13
    Dada13 Posts: 360 Level 3
    Options

Day 11H

Hi @PummyRaj,

15 years ago my close family member had heavy heartatac and before Christmas he gets better and asking to bring some Christmas food to the hospital on the Christmas Eve. I was more than happy as I thought it will be very awful Christmas.

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

Hi @PummyRaj. My husband and I married without being engaged. The first Christmas after our marriage, we were on holiday and he presented me with a beautiful engagement ring. Not something I'm likely to forget.

• Palash_Sarma
    Palash_Sarma Posts: 11,236 Level 5
    Options

I don't celebrate Christmas but I went to church first time about 10 years ago, I saw they celebrated by decorating Christmas tree, candle light, attending church..

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 38,793 Friends Moderator
    Options

@PummyRaj, there are a lot of happy memories of Christmas (unfortunately also some sad ones, but that's not the topic). 

5 years ago, my daughter had given a copy of her maternity passport along with a book called "Help, I'm Going to Grandma." I was overjoyed. It's the best memory of Christmas!

• Moh1977
    Moh1977 Posts: 7,874 Level 5
    Options

Hi @PummyRaj

Day 11

One of the happy memories is sharing sweet memories with family members during the days of the year .

• rebelchild
    rebelchild Posts: 16,444 Level 5
    edited December 2022
    Options

@PummyRaj I have so many wonderful memories. One year my brothers and sister and I got bikes for Christmas. We made up this really fun game where my sister pushed a doll in a baby coach back and forth across our driveway. She was portraying a grandma so she had to walk slow. My younger brother and I would run her over with our bikes. My oldest brother had the role of policeman and had to try and arrest my brother and I for vehicular homicide. Fun times! Some years we would get sleds for Christmas. We had a very steep hill in one of our fields that was perfect for sledding. We would create a snow jump halfway down the hill so that when you hit it you went airborne. We also used to go sledding in bare feet and shorts.

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,991 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Mine is from when the kids were small and all you heard was ripping paper and excited giggles. I miss those days.

• MiladyR
    MiladyR Posts: 10,652 Level 5
    edited December 2022
    Options

@PummyRaj I have so many great memories of the holidays with my son and my family. Other great memories are pre-COVID and during my birthday. Every year my parish hosts a Christmas Workshop two week before Christmas, which also happens to be my birthday week. During this workshop we would set up big tables in the church’s hall with toys, clothes, coats, books and food. We would contact and invite families in our community that were not doing well and couldn’t provide for their family. In the hall, we would go round with each family and have them pick out toys and clothes for their kids. Once the families are finished “shopping”, we give them a box full of food for their Christmas dinner. This used to be my favorite thing to do for my birthday.

My ID # 1166655990

• FarmerB
    FarmerB Posts: 499 Level 3
    Options

My favorite holiday memories are from when I was a lot younger and the whole family would get together. We would typically make tamales 🫔 on Christmas Eve, open presents in the evening...Christmas Day was all about enjoying our presents and each other, play games, and have Christmas lunch. Nowadays my family is divided and it's been a very long time since we've all been together. I definitely miss those days and hold them in my heart.

Game ID: 1187947051

• MiladyR
    MiladyR Posts: 10,652 Level 5
    Options

Thank @wykoon for the heads up, so kind of you. I wish I had seen this earlier because I have the third screenshot it just didn’t post ugh 😩.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?