(ENDED)🌟🎆What is your Favorite Festival? Badge & Gold Bars are the Treats🎆🌟

Comments

• ashilyas
    ashilyas Posts: 439 Level 3

My favorite festivals are 2

One is tha we celebrate EID Al fitar after fasting 30 days , and Eid Al Adha, we give sweets and money to our youngers and needy people

2nd UAE national day we celebrate with fireworks

• me6412
    me6412 Posts: 9,594 Pro Player 👑

@PummyRaj Great contest even greater subject for us to share a bit of ourselves..

I just celebrated what we have every year is called the Stearnwheel Regatta although we celebrate all Summer long into the Fall but the Stearnwheel Regatta is special to me because we get live preforming artist from all different kinds of music for each age group and styles so no matter what kind of music you like we have it... The Mayor of Charleston, WV has the Boulevard closed down for 8 blocks and the side streets too the actual size would surprise you of how large this celebration is not to leave out the best part the Stearnwheelers who come from all over the United States to compete in different kinds of competitions on the Kanawha River from Stearn Wheel races to Stearn Wheel tug of war there are so many different Games they have and it's great watching them and they even give free rides on their Stearnwheel boats.

Wegetpeople who come from all over the world I have met friends from Australia Canada Mexico and England and many many friends from all over the United States where can you get free Rock n Roll concerts, Country Music concerts and RB concerts, Hip Hop concerts not to leave out the great music of Contemporary music all of these are today's artists who are at the top of music's hot playing list and it's all free even BTS will be here next year's Stearnwheel Regatta playing for free but I have to mention they do have strict security in place and Alcohol is only served in one area only....there are food vendors from all different countries selling their homelands best foods and keeping their secrets receipts hidden.......

So I don't have pictures of the Fireworks as they let them off every single night after the lastr song of each performer so I didn't take any but here's a picture of what it looked like the first day before it got crowded I wanted to show you this because each night there was about 150,000 to 250,000 no joking about it all those free concerts really brings people out and from all over the place.... I love it and the people I met love them too. Taken with a drone of a friend of mine....

• EnergizerBunny
    EnergizerBunny Posts: 3,341 Level 5

Hi @me6412

I see why that event would be special to you. I just looked it up on the web. To have that celebration once a year and free to everyone. We have small events here and everything has a price tag. That is a huge turnout. I read that it started back in 1971 and became a annual event. Thank you so much for sharing.

• Bellamy32
    Bellamy32 Posts: 2,370 Level 5

@Anahita_2005 & @Palash_Sarma Hey, I am mixed race. My mother is Indian and so I also celebrate Diwali. A few years back when I went to India, I took part in Makar Sankranti festival and I loved it. Designing my own kite was a new experience as the creativity is endless. Seeing all the colourful and different kites was so pretty.

The kite festival in India falls on 

14th or 15th January every year

It marks the arrival of spring and the transition of the sun into the Makara Rashi (the Capricorn zodiac sign), which is why the kite festival is called Makar Sankranti in some parts of India.

• Palash_Sarma
    Palash_Sarma Posts: 13,396 Soda Moderator

I also liked making own kites last 2020.In this 13 to 15 January ,We celebrate Magh Bihu festival in our state. The Magh Bihu is also called Bhogali Bihu, which is quintessentially the festival of food. The Magh Bihu marks the end of the harvesting season. The eve of the Magh Bihu is called the Uruka. It is the most gastronomical night of the year in our state when family and friends get together and feasts around a bon fire.

• steventseng
    steventseng Posts: 11,122 Level 5

I like New Year and the gorgeous fireworks.

• Moh1977
    Moh1977 Posts: 8,033 Level 5

Hi @PummyRaj

My favorite festival My favorite festival is going out with family members to public parks .

• SabrinaM
    SabrinaM Posts: 3,003 Level 5

One of the most famous summer festivals in Italy is the "Festa del Redentore" is an event held in Venice the third Sunday of July where fireworks play an important role.🎆
    The fireworks last for around 45 to 60 minutes, illuminating the night and arousing intense emotions in both Venetians and visitors.🎆

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 17,914 Pro Player 👑

Hi @PummyRaj thank you for the fun contest and adorable badge 😍

It has to Obby Oss.

'Obby 'Oss festival is a folk custom that takes place each May Day in Padstow.

It involves two separate processions making their way around the town, each containing an eponymous hobby horse known as the 'Obby 'Oss.

The festival starts at midnight on May Eve when townspeople gather outside the Golden Lion Inn to sing the "Night Song."

By morning, the town has been dressed with greenery and flowers placed around the maypole.

The excitement begins with the appearance of one of the 'Obby 'Osses. Dancers cavort through the town dressed as one of two 'Obby 'Osses, the "Old" and the "Blue Ribbon" 'Obby 'Osses; as the name suggests, they are stylised kinds of horses.

Prodded on by acolytes known as "Teasers," each wears a mask and black frame-hung cape under which they try to catch young maidens as they pass through the town.

Throughout the day, the two parades, led by the "MC" in his top hat and decorated stick, followed by a band of accordions and drums, then the 'Oss and the Teaser, with a host of people, the "Mayers" - all singing the "Morning Song." - pass along the streets of the town.

Finally, late in the evening, the two 'osses meet, at the maypole, before returning to their respective stables where the crowd sings of the 'Obby 'Oss death, until its resurrection the following May Eve.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?