๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿšœ Get all the info HERE

Platinum Jubilee ๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ‘‘

Options
2ยป

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,685 Sweet Legend
    Options

Well I don't live there but I'm British from my father's side so they should listen to me! ๐Ÿ˜

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,365 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited May 2022
    Options

Wow @Elsa I didn't know about the outfit no, that's pretty cool. And its probably the media talking about Charles, the Queen recently gave her blessing to Camilla being Queen. Like @Racoon7 I have reservations. I wasn't totally sold on the innocent Diana image, but regardless, she wasn't treated properly. I do watch the Crown. As much of it is fiction you have to take a pinch of salt, but a lot of the events I can actually remember, such as Thatcher. I think after Diana died the family started to unbend a little and become a little more human which is what they needed before. I tend not to listen to the media they seem to have favourites and are very for and very against certain members.

@bearwithme I've been to the British Museum a few times as a teenager and that's as close as I have got to London. I would love to go and have a wander around. So much History.

@me6412 she does a lot for tourism that's for sure. I think more people would respect her if she could actually do something about the country but that's left up to the PM. Perhaps it would be a better place if she could step in.

@CassD I think there is a possibility that Charles may be better than we expect. He has waited long enough lol. He is more for the environment so maybe? But yes, she has certainly had a lot to put up with from her own family. Our town has two street parties I believe, and there are various events. I have paid close attention as to where they all are so I know exactly where to avoid ๐Ÿคฃ I can deal with them, its the fake jolliness and participation of the neighbours (like the NHS clapping) I cannot be doing with. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 15,998 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Totally agree there @Lady_Choo ๐Ÿ’œ

Charles is duke of our county, lots of history, the royals have toured appeared, and still do, hmm , one would hope for positive change on environment, so desperately needed.

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Lady_Choo. I sincerely hope you're right about Charles, but I have my doubts. I believe there are still a lot of people who blame Camilla for what happened to Diana and will not take kindly to her becoming Queen. I'm not a great royalist, but I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing our Queen Elizabeth II good health for years to come!

• BQN537
    BQN537 Posts: 25,072 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Hi @Lady_Choo

We are part of the British Commonwealth,

I have never really been interested in the Royal family, I really did like the Queen mum and Diana.

Queen Elizabeth is amazing 70 years ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘

• me6412
    me6412 Posts: 9,512 Pro Player 👑
    edited May 2022
    Options

@Lady_Choo As I learned much about Lady Diana and her activism while being part of the Royal Family and afterwards as well I myself wondered about who ? Had more to gain or who had more to lose with her being alive today and I think the world had more to gain......and the Throne had more to lose, only my thoughts....

There would not have been a definite joining of 2 Countries or any kind of threat to the Throne only personal feelings and the thought of where the children might have been raised.....who knows ? Just a opinion only a opinion of mine....all water of the dam as one might say.....The Queen was definitely not having that for sure...no way in this life time of Lady Diana's.....reporter's on motorcycles or flashing cameras.....

Wonder how great England would be with Lady Diana on the Throne ? She was so beautiful too indeed.....Candle in the wind......still burning......๐Ÿ•ฏ

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,685 Sweet Legend
    Options

I thought it was just me going crazy changing my avatar but look at our @Lady_Choo! I love your new avatar. So, I am watching the parade on TV right now. It's tugging at my heart since I'm half British. So question ................ where is Princess Anne? Why is she not with her brother and family? Is she estranged from the family? The last picture that I found of her she looks just like her mother!

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

Princess Anne the Princess Royal was on horseback with her older brother Charles and her nephew William.

• rebelchild
    rebelchild Posts: 15,860 Level 5
    Options

@Lady_Choo I watched much of the celebration on tv as it was widely televised in usa

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?