Salt and Pepper Air Fryer Chips

Ingredients

1 each (6 ounce) Russet Potato, washed and dried

1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil

½ teaspoon Fine Sea Salt

¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Preparation

Preheat the air fryer to 375 °F

Thinly slice the potatoes either with a knife.Place the potato slices into a bowl of cold water to rinse some of the starch off.

Lightly Spray the air fryer basket with the cooking oil spray.

Remove the potato slices from the water and drain well before laying them on some paper towel to dry.

Place the potato slices in an even layer (the bigger your air fryer, the more chips you can do). Lightly brush the potatoes with the vegetable oil and cook them in the air fryer for about 20 minutes.

Using a pair of tongs gently remove the chips from the air fryer. Season them with the sea salt and black pepper. Repeat if more chips are desired.

• Bellamy32
    Bellamy32 Posts: 2,320 Level 5
    Options

@PummyRaj Hey, here is a veg potato recipe I found on Pinterest 🥔

Mexican Bean and Potato Bake

This Mexican bean and potato bake is a hearty, satisfying one pot dinner with plenty of fresh veg!

Ingredients

• 3 fairly large potatoes, cut into bitesize pieces
    • 2 tablespoon oil
    • 1 bell pepper (I used red), cut into bitesize pieces
    • 8 medium mushrooms, quartered
    • 1 medium courgette (zucchini), cut into bitesize pieces
    • 400 g tin kidney beans, drained (240g, or ~ 1 ¼ cups, when drained)
    • 400 g tin chopped tomatoes (~ 1 ⅓ cups)
    • 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
    • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1 teaspoon hot chilli powder
    • Salt
    • Black pepper
    • 75 g cheddar cheese, grated (~ ¾ cup when grated)
    • Fresh coriander (cilantro), to serve (optional)

Instructions

• Toss the diced potatoes in a dash of oil, and spread them out in a large casserole dish or baking dish. Roast at 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F) for around 45 minutes, tossing halfway, or until mostly cooked and starting to crisp up.
    • Add all of the vegetables to the dish, along with the kidney beans, tinned tomatoes, and spices. Season generously, and mix to combine. Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and the tomatoes have formed a rich sauce.
    • Top with the grated cheese, and bake for 15 more minutes, until the cheese has melted. Serve topped with fresh coriander if desired.

• Xxander
    Xxander Posts: 5,902 Level 5
    Options

Our "national" dish

DUTCH BOERENKOOL RECIPE: MASHED POTATOES WITH KALE

It’s time to make Dutch boerenkool! But let us tell you first what boerenkool is! Boerenkool is what we Dutchies like to call ‘stamppot’. And a stamppot is a very traditional Dutch winter dish that you make with a combination of mashed potatoes and vegetables. And in this recipe, we will tell you all about the delicious mashed potatoes with kale dish.

We love kale and are always happy when we see it in the store again. Even when traveling, we sometimes made mashed potatoes with kale, and everyone always loved it. It’s perfect comfort food! And it’s super healthy too.

Many Dutchies love to eat this dish with a smoked sausage and bacon. But we are vegetarian, so make it a vegetarian recipe. And lucky for us there are many vegetarian and even vegan options for sausages and bacon (especially in the Netherlands!). And we love to add tasty mushrooms, onion, and gravy. But of course, you can choose from these options, whatever you like best.

This boerenkool recipe can also be made vegan easily.

• gordan10
    gordan10 Posts: 10,930 Level 5
    Options

Ham and Potato Casserole

I make this often, so I don't measure, but this recipe from the internet comes pretty close!

Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons unsalted butter

1 small yellow onion finely diced

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 ¼ cups whole milk or half and half

½ cup chicken stock or chicken broth

½ teaspoon fine sea salt

½ teaspoon ground black pepper

½ teaspoon garlic powder

2 pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced small

2 ½ cups diced cooked ham

4 ounces 1 cup white cheddar cheese shredded (I use sharp cheddar)

Instructions:

Prepare the oven by preheating it to 400°F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or grease it with butter. Set aside.

Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add and sauté the diced onion over medium heat until translucent.

Sprinkle the flour over the cooked onion and stir to combine. Then, add the milk, chicken stock, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Stirring often, cook until slightly thickened and warmed through.

Lay the potatoes evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish and top with the diced ham. Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes and ham.

Place a cover over the baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.

Remove from the oven and top with shredded cheese. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the cheese has melted completely.

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,669 Community Manager
    Options

Reading all of these mountaineering recipes is making feel huuungry 🤤

• EOTheGr8
    EOTheGr8 Posts: 3,681 Level 5
    Options

Roasted Garlic Parmesan Potatoes

INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE ROASTED GARLIC POTATOES

HOW TO ROAST POTATOES

Making oven-roasted potatoes tossed with Parmesan is so incredibly simple that it’s our go-to side dish!

• The first step to making great oven-roasted potatoes is choosing the right potato variety. Use baby red potatoes or mix with small Yukon golds. German butterball or fingerling potatoes would also be a good choice.
    • Next, preheat the oven to a very hot temperature – 400º F (200°C).
    • Wash potatoes and chop your potatoes into similar-sized pieces – we like them quartered or halved if the baby potatoes are already small. This step is crucial to ensure even cooking.
    • Parboil potatoes in boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes to precook them. They’ll be more tender on the inside when roasting.
    • To guarantee an even distribution of flavor, mix the seasoning together with butter and freshly grated parmesan before tossing in your potatoes. Toss the potatoes in the parmesan mixture evenly.
    • Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread them out into 1 layer. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. Flip once or twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.

*Source*

I’m hungry now lol 😂🤪

• gtkhouri
    gtkhouri Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

My recipe is from the internet. It's my favorite potato recipe and I've made some adjustments to it, noted at the end.

Ingredients

1.2kg floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward

100g goose or duck fat (or olive oil)

2 tbsp semolina

2 garlic cloves

Few rosemary sprigs

Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

METHOD

Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Peel the potatoes, chop into large chunks and place in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 6 minutes.

Meanwhile, add the goose fat (or duck fat or oil) to a large roasting tray and place in the oven to heat up.

Drain the potatoes in a colander and give them a gentle shake to fluff up the edges. Sprinkle over the semolina, shake again to coat evenly then leave to steam dry for 5 minutes. Leave the garlic cloves whole but crush lightly with the back of your hand or the flat side of a large knife.

Carefully add the potatoes to the hot tray along with the garlic and rosemary. Toss to coat in the fat and spread out in a single layer so they cook evenly.

Roast for 40-45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to serve.

Tips: I've tried this recipe without boiling the potatoes first and it turned out great. Just make sure you cut them in even, small chunks so they cook evenly. I also tried it with carrots mixed with the potatoes, so yummy. Enjoy!

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 33,054 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello dear @teeweiping 🤗

You were supposed to share a receipt with the Potato, but not Sweet Potato😅

But, it is OK! I did not see it on time to give you a heads-up! So, you will earn the badge👍️

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,440 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hi @PummyRaj I didn't get badge I posted page 2

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?