What happened to the advertisers/boosters?

Options

Comments

• MishyInMexico
    MishyInMexico Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

Also, if I reinstall PRS to clear up some bugs, will it wipe out my progress thus far?

Thanks!

• MishyInMexico
    Options

I think I am being ignored.

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 25,036 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

You're not being ignored @MishyInMexico We have issues in the community right now which means that tags and notifications are not showing. Its really annoying as we miss posts. But we are trying to keep checking when we have time. Its just harder.

I did answer on one of your other posts I saw, but the adverts are still in testing mode which means not everyone gets them. It could be that they have been taken off line to fix some glitches, or it could be that you have moved groups. In which case you won't have them for now, but someone else will who didn't before. I know its not ideal but that is the way they do it and many of us have never had them.

As regards the reinstall....no you won't lose progress as long as you are currently logged in so progress is backed up. Once you reinstall and log in again, progress would come back. However you will lose any saved boosters as they are saved within the device and not the game, so will go along with the game data.

I hope this helps and again, apologies for the delay 🤗

• MishyInMexico
    Options

Thank you so much! You are very sweet!!!

I think I am done with PRS. Far too many glitches, problems, inability to play, having to turn my phone on and off just to fix a frozen screen. It's just not fun anymore.

But thank you soooo much for all that you do!!

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Aw I am so sorry you are feeling like that. I hear you though! I have the same with another company's game that hates older ipads and is forever crashing.

Now Petopia has finished it should get better and I am hoping they have it sorted ready for the next 🤞🏼

• cthidell
    cthidell Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

I have a question about the game. Why do I have this pet and house wagon while playing and others have these lanes? I rather have these lanes than the pet and house wagon all the time. I haven’t seen these lanes in a looong time.

• Lynette
    Lynette Posts: 6,422 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Hi @cthidell the map version of the game (as pictured in your post) was discontinued in January this year.

The new game is more streamlined and does not take up as much data on our devices.

• cthidell
    cthidell Posts: 7 Level 2
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hm.. ok but I have had this pet for over a year and it’s so uninspiring to play now. I haven’t seen the map for a long time and I am now at level 6800. It was fun though to play the Petopia

Is there a plan on how many levels Pet Rescue will have in total?

• Bipley
    Bipley Posts: 17 Level 2
    Options

I have been a Pet Rescue fan for many many years. I was on f/b when I started and when I left f/b, then I lost the game. I started over about 18 months ago, I am somewhere around 5000 now.

I see very little that is good about it today. I too, miss the artwork, I enjoyed it, but a lack of artwork isn't the end of the world. However, it was nice before.

I miss not having friends I know on my friends list. I miss not being able to PM one of them and asking to help out with a hammer, or life, or whatever it was. I miss the lack of competition with friends, trying to beat scores and such. If someone helps me out with a level, I can't even thank them.

Petopia really made me angry, why in the world even release a mess like that? Did they think we are so dumb we wouldn't notice it didn't work? You just can't tell me they didn't know it was so full of bugs, I won't believe it. So why did they even release such nonsense?

Then I found out that I wasn't being ignored, they can't even run their chat software. (Not referring to the mods/admins, I'm referring to those who write the software.)

And now, they took away the advertisers/boosts. It's a bit like giving a kid candy every single day and one day just stopping, no explanation, no justification, it just ended.

It just plain isn't what it used to be. It used to be so well run. Did someone else take over or something? It went from enjoyment to a chore. I hate it today. It's not fun, it's not enjoyable, it's a disorganized, boring, mess.

RIP, PRS.

• Lady_Choo
    Options

I am sorry you're not happy with it. They fixed a lot of petopia bugs from previous versions but then it broke something else, but I agree, it would have been better to have pulled it. That's my non mod opinion.

Do you mean the community broke? That one isn't Kings fault, they use a website host and it was them that broke it accidently I think, while they were trying to improve things behind the scenes. At least that is how it seems.

The adverts are a trial that seems to go on forever, but now you have lost them, someone else has gained them. Sometimes if you log out then log back in they appear. But I cannot promise anything!

It certainly has got harder by the sounds of it. Its hard I guess getting a balance between being too easy and too hard 😕

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?