πŸŽ„βœ¨ ο»ΏIt's Celebration Season, contest finished

Options

Comments

• Racoon7
    Racoon7 Posts: 16,498 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Thank you so much @Lynette for the wonderful thread, and @Lady_Choo for the beautiful badge, it is absolutely so gorgeous πŸ€—πŸ’œπŸ˜

Christmas time was always the most special event in my life.

As a child I always remembered my Dad sleeping on the sitting room floor Christmas afternoon. We had Winter lambs and he was busy lambing. So he would be up half the night.

We went to a relatives house each year where there was a big gathering, as a a child I never had or saw the food that was prepared before in my life.

I remember those days fondly, and the kinda Santa Grotto, it was truly special as was Boxing Day with my dear Aunt.

Christmas is sad for me as a mum in as much as I long for my daughter. I hope and wish she is ok and happy. Many Christmas's have passed by, and I have not heard from her.

My son has stayed by me, I am so thankful I have 1 grown up child that will come to me for help, or just to chat and off load, and also have time for me too.

My greatest wish is to see my baby girl, my rock, my soul again. I love her so much, I miss her, I don't know if she is alive or dead, it is immense pain. She is/would be 22.

• Palash_Sarma
    Palash_Sarma Posts: 10,201 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Lynette

I don't celebrate Christmas but I visited Christmas event, enjoyed celebration of Christmas

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 34,446 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello dear @LynetteπŸ€—

We have started celebrating New Year after coming to USA in 2000!

Nothing much!! Watch the "Ball drop in New York" (on TV) on New Year's Eve! On the New Year's day, we go to an Indian restaurant where special Lunch Buffet feast is offered (for a bit higher price than usual)! But, it is always delicious, as the Chef is very talented😍

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,069 Candy Moderator
    Options

We allow everyone to open one gift on Christmas Eve. The rest wait until Christmas Day.

My younger daughter and family will come to our house this year for Christmas. We will keep the tradition of one present Christmas Eve. Our 4 year old grandson will get to pick his present. It will allow him to see what’s under the tree so he will realize on Christmas Day, that additional gifts (one each) from Santa have magically appeared.

Then after all the presents and stockings have been given out, we all sit and watch The Santa Clause. By this time my kids know the lines by heart. πŸ˜„

This year, on Christmas afternoon, we will all drive out to see our new house which we are building. The outside should be finished and if we are lucky the drywall will have been installed inside.

πŸ˜ŠπŸ¨πŸ’•

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 11,190 Friends Moderator
    Options

As the month of December begins, we hang lights around the eaves of our house and place seasonal art in our yard to celebrate. We welcome into our home on Christmas Day as many of our children and their families that can join us for exchanging gifts and eating an afternoon feast. I feel blessed that my children still join us for the holidays, and I pray that @Racoon7 will see her daughter again soon.

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 154,160 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas season and Happy Holidays to @Lynette @Lady_Choo and Everyone! β„οΈπŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽπŸ˜„

Wow! That was so pawsome fun Christmas contest and badge! @Lynette and @Lady_Choo πŸ‘πŸ˜„

We just want all of our blessings and great wishes to us and our wonderful family. May Jesus coming this year once bring joy to our home. Merry Christmas to all of us and our wonderful family! β„οΈπŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽπŸ˜„

• EnergizerBunny
    EnergizerBunny Posts: 3,042 Level 5
    Options

Hi. Since my mom passed 5 years. My other two siblings keep to themselves and celebrate. So it looks like it is going to be my daughter and myself again this Christmas.

• Amoonmoon
    Amoonmoon Posts: 20,178 Level 5
    Options

@Lynette

Thanks for the topic ❀️

@Lady_Choo

Thanks for the badge ❀️

Oh, as usual, it was divided into two halves, one half wanted to stay up late and celebrate, and the other half refused. Here every family follows its own system or customs, some celebrate and some don’t.

To be fair, I go to sleep in the year 2023 and wake up in the year 2024

Yes, it feels great to sleep for an entire year

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

• jeanps
    jeanps Posts: 25,313 Level 5
    Options

Hi @Lynette

It'll be a quiet Christmas for us. Celebrating another wonderful year and looking forward to another one next year.

• Nico_G
    Nico_G Posts: 5,390 Level 5
    Options

Very nice contest @Lynette and pretty badge @Lady_Choo

Like every end-of-year holiday, we celebrate Christmas and the New Year as a family to have a good time together for several days as well as to eat delicious traditional dishes πŸ˜‹πŸ’–πŸ€—

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?