๐Ÿ”ฅ Hot Right Now in Blossom Blast Saga ๐ŸŒธ
๐Ÿ Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000

๐ŸŒน Meet King_Trocs, our blawsome Level Designer!

Lola_Pop
Lola_Pop Posts: 12,012 Community Manager
edited September 2022 in Discussions

Dear Community,

We have a sweet treat for you today! We'd love to introduce you to @King_Trocs, our fantastic Level Designer on Blossom Blast Saga!

Here's what he had to tell us:

โญ๏ธ Hi there, Bees! My name's @King_Trocs and I started working at King quite recently, at the beginning of June 2022, this is my fourth month at King. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Nice! And how do you like being a Kingster?

โญ๏ธ It is a pleasure to work at King. The people are very approachable and always willing to help even if they don't work on the same project as you.ย 

As a curiosity, collaboration, humility, and closeness to other people are very important to me, and I have everything I need at King.

That's great to hear! As a Level Designer, can you tell us how are new levels tested before they are released?

โญ๏ธ It is a multi-step process. First of all, as a designer, I think of a series of ideas that I would like to experiment with in a level (e.g. a flowing river, separating the layout into several zones, etc.) and which blockers make sense to build such a game experience.

Once we have the idea we build the level and start the testing phase, where we make sure that the level is fun, balanced, and works as we expect. This step usually involves several iterations until we validate a level.

Where do you get the inspiration to make new levels from?

โญ๏ธ As we say in Spain, "cada maestrillo tiene su librillo" which means something like "every master (in our case every designer) has his own tricks". We all have different ways of interpreting what surrounds us, which means that each person can have a completely different process (some are inspired by art, others by music or nature...).

In my case, I am guided a bit by variety. As a player I like the levels to feel different, so I try to combine static levels with more dynamic ones, simple levels with more strategic levels... all starting from a basic idea.

What are your tips for someone who has recently started playing the game?

โญ๏ธ Make sure you have the music on (laugh)! No jokes, as a player at Blossom Blast I have to admit that playing Blossom with the music on relaxes me and makes me play better!ย 

As a piece of advice, analyze the layout well and don't do the first move that comes into your head. Sometimes it's better to focus on an obstacle before you start with the objective of the level.ย 

Do you ever get stuck in a level? If so, what do you do?ย 

โญ๏ธ Of course! More than I would like haha!ย 

I tend to do 2 things, first I try different strategies to see if I can find one that works. If it still doesn't work, it always helps to switch off for a while and try again later with a new perspective.ย 

Whatโ€™s your favorite game mode and why?ย 

โญ๏ธ Clean the weeds! Especially when they are hidden under other blockers, I feel a sense of discovery and progress that is super satisfying.ย 

Can you tell us if there will be any surprises regarding levels, blockers, and game modes in the future?ย 

โญ๏ธ Well, I can't tell you much but we have a lot of ideas to improve Blossom Blast Saga, not only in terms of gameplay but also with the creation of new features. The team hopes that some of them can be realized in 2023.

What does Community mean to you?

โญ๏ธ As a player, I have always liked collaboration and help among players, so there is nothing nicer than sharing a space where you can be in communication with people who share the same interest, know their motivations and opinions, and in general have a healthy interaction.

What else would you like to tell your players?

โญ๏ธ Thank you for your support and for playing Blossom Blast Saga. I love reading your ideas, feedback on levels, and general opinions of the game. I look forward to reading many more as time goes on. Your feedback helps us to improve and build an even better game experience.ย 

Thanks a lot, dearย @King_Trocs ๐Ÿคฉ I think I can speak on behalf of the Community when I say it's a pleasure to share our ideas with you and see how they're taken into account by the Blossom Blast Saga team!

Now it's YOUR turn, buzzing Bees! Is there anything you'd like to share with our Kingster? Do it here below, don't be shy!

๐ŸŒน No account yet?ย REGISTERย and start commenting!

ยซ13

Comments

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?