scores for players are incorrect at the PLAY window

Options
Abe_Vetty
Abe_Vetty Posts: 28 Level 2

this is a problem report for alphabetty saga... the scores displayed at the PLAY window are incorrect on PCs but ok on tablets... the scores are off by one level... for example - the scores for level 201 are shown at level 200... the scores appear to be recorded correctly... but the PLAY window shows scores for the next level up... this problem showed up when levels 681-690 were released Apr 12 2018... gameroom was uninstalled then reinstalled - no help

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,482 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

Thank you Abe, did you try this troubleshooting too? Despite using Gameroom it helps if you clear browsers. 

https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/cant-get-your-games-to-load-on-facebook-check-this-out

I will also ask the King care team if they can find out from the studio if other players are having the same issues. 

• Abe_Vetty
    edited April 2018
    Options

this is not an answer ... 2 other players reported this problem in chat this morning ... will try clearing browser data ... warning - clearing cookies can wipe out the lives ... the scoring is ok with android software ... the PC software has the problem ... a third player just complained in chat

• Abe_Vetty
    edited April 2018
    Options

this is not an answer ... deleted browser data on chrome - no help ... deleted browser data and cookies on firefox - no help ... this appears to be a problem with king PC code ... the king android code works on a tablet ... if someone can notify someone at king that would be wonderful

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Hi Abe, 

I only gave you the troubleshooting as the first thing King would say to me "Have they tried troubleshooting" lol

I have notified a team member, she is in the office this morning, but I don't think she has seen it yet as she has meetings and things going on away from King care too. As soon as I get a reply I will notify you, but as she will have to contact the Alphabetty team and wait for a reply from them, it could take some time.

Different games studio's are often in different countries, so its not so simple as just asking someone :)

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Thank you for the extra information, it all helps :)

• nBoo
    nBoo Posts: 110 Kingster
    Options

Hey there Abe! Thanks a lot for the report, pretty detailed explanation also! We'll have a look at the issue and prioritize it! Let's hope we can get it done soon!

• Abe_Vetty
    edited April 2018
    Options

Chicken Slayer and nBoo ... thank you for looking into this issue ... more info ... it appears that the scores are being recorded properly ... this is an issue of presentation to the user ... the scores are displayed correctly on my tablet

• Lady_Choo
    Options

Thanks nBoo, I will take it off Cez' list :)

• Alessandro_S
    Alessandro_S Posts: 314 Level 4
    Options

My findings are that the scores are in fact recorded for N-1 level, with notable special case of replaying level 1 which updates no score.

I regularly replay old stuff to get more points, and I recently replayed level 165 for 50732 points.

However I now have level 164 top score as 50732 points.

Just crosschecked the Facebook scores (I played on Android), and they're still wrong.

• nBoo
    nBoo Posts: 110 Kingster
    Options

I've been checking if I can reproduce it and it happened to me playing on Android too (in my case it was lvl 277, I completed it with 17411 and the scored now appears in level 276)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?