🎁 Win prizes and badges! Find out how HERE!

Why does level 770 keep crashing, & why do I not progress when I do complete

ccathles
ccathles Posts: 5 Level 2
I have repeatedly reported problems with 770 it crashes virtually every time & if I do manage to complete I do not move to the next level.  I've tried your suggested fixes loads of times BUT THEY DO NOT WORK.  What have I got to do to get your help? This has been going on for at least 6 weeks.  All I get is stupid pointless emails asking for feedback which when given is totally ignored, or not even looked at.  I think I deserve an explanation regarding this problem,but I won't hold my breath as I don't expect I will receive one going on past experience.

Answers

• Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,269 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Hi @ccathles I am sorry that you have had a bad experience and that your post slipped by as well. Its not the impression we wanted you to have here as we are usually better than the email support. 
    The suggestions you had, was it troubleshooting like uninstall the game, clear cache etc? Just so we have a starting point. Are you still having the issue? If so, could you let me know the make/model of your device and the OS.  I know its repeating yourself but I don't have access to previous emails  (and yes those stupid feedback emails are annoying!)  so I need to know what you have been told and what you have tried. Would that be ok? 
    Its not a common reported problems so it sounds like it is more device specific which is why they have made suggestions to you but if you can let me know what I asked, we have a starting point and if all else fails, I can pass it on to one of the community managers :) 
  • ccathles
    Hi chicken slayer.  My problems are still ongoing I tried reinstalling but lost everything & have had to start again from the beginning!  This was despite checking that my game was saved in Facebook.  I have now reached level 73 (a training level for introducing star bursts), the level loads & when I touch the star burst icon everything crashes so I am unable to progress.  I'm even having problems with Tricksies Party, every time I try to initiate a level everything crashes.
    My device is an Apple iPad mini, what does OS mean?

• Lady_Choo
    @ccathles that should not have happened, the team can get you back up to where you should be level wise if you want? OS is operating system but you said you have an iPad mini which is iOS so that’s fine. I am going to ask one of the community managers for advice. Do you know which version it is? The latest was 4 I believe :) 
  • ccathles
    Chicken slayer- I've no idea what version my iPad is, but I have had it for two years approx so I doubt if it's the latest.
  • ccathles
    Chicken Slayer - I am still stuck!  What's happening? You mentioned previously that it would be possible to get me back to my lost game, it would be great if it is possible? Meanwhile I still can't get level 73 to play.  It loads OK, but I am then asked to activate the Star Burst by clicking on the icon bottom left of the screen.  When I do the game immediately crashes, why? & what can I do about it?
  • Lady_Choo
    Sorry @ccathles I hadn't forgotten you, I promise, I just needed to hear back.
    The CM doesn't think its down to the age of your ipad so that is good. She did suggest reinstalling, but you already tried that and it didn't work. What one of the other managers has suggested in the past is a full restore but I don't know how open you are to that idea. Sometimes its not down to the game or the device but an old part of the programming lodged somewhere that gets stuck. Restoring your tablet might help but you would lose everything from all games and any other apps you use everything would need to be reinstalled. Its like getting it brand new so it can resolve issues. 
    I would suggest if you don't want to go that far again, uninstall it. Reboot the tablet rather than switching it on and off again (it used to be home and power together until the screen goes black and the apple logo reappears) go to safari and clear the cache from there. 
    Then install it again. Once you have done that and logged in, if progress isn't correct, follow this link here to get the contact information and the team can help you with that. 

As to the star burst, I am going to send the CM a message directly to see if she has any reports of issues with it :)
  • Lady_Choo
    Hi @ccathles so the community manager got back to me. She said the only account she can find with this email is on level 885? She can move you back to there if your progress still hasn't returned but you will lose all personal scores up to that point. If you want to do that, can she have your game ID please :) 
  • ccathles
    I have managed to get back to my original game & have progressed to level 888, not without difficulty as 7 out 10 times I try to play the level loads & immediately crashes. To say I am frustrated & angry would be an understatement, I really enjoy playing this game, but I am seriously considering giving up altogether. I would not recommend any King games to friends & relatives because your so called 'customer service ' is useless. I have been trying to get help for months now & not until you made contact did I feel someone was at least trying, but no improvements. Please please HELP!
  • Lady_Choo
    I am so sorry to hear that :( The trouble is we cannot see your device so we have to go by what you tell us, which isn't always as easy as seeing it. Its also not helped either as its not a widespread issue. Have you got another device to play on? Just to see if it is that rather than the game itself. Don't give up I am going to ask the CM again :) 
  • QueenMia
    QueenMia Posts: 12,979 Community Manager
    Hi there @ccathles and welcome to the Community! Thanks for flagging this to me, @Chicken_Slayer :) 

@ccathles - I'm sorry to hear that none of our troubleshooting steps helped. I have checked with our game team and we think it actually might be due to your device not supporting the weight of the App. 

One last thing that we can recommend is to make sure you fully close all the other apps in the background to avoir your device to run too many things at the same time. And make sure you have 50% memory free on your device. 

I really hope that helps, otherwise, maybe it's best that you try playing on another device.

Thanks and I wish you a bubblicious time :star: 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?