🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Stuck at Level 1020 on iOS

Options
lstevens5
lstevens5 Posts: 6 Level 2
Hello. For some reason, the app on my phone is not updating with new levels weekly as it’s done in this past. I have checked for app updates but nothing has shown up in the App Store. Please advise on a solution to this? Here is a screenshot. Also, I would prefer not trying to reinstall the app because I think I would lose boosters that I have saved up, right?

Comments

• lstevens5
    Options
    Title should say stick at level 1120. My apologies 
  • DroneDome
    DroneDome Posts: 22 Kingster
    Options
    Hi!
    Right now 1120 levels are released on iOS and more levels will be released next week!
  • firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @lstevens5 and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 Thank you so much for answering, it's nice to see you here 🤗 @DroneDome Congratulations @lstevens5 you are at the cap, amazing! I am 300 levels behind you 🙈 Just wait a little bit and new levels will be there soon. Have a wonderful day both of you 🍭
  • DroneDome
    Options
    I don't want to hijack the thread or go offtopic, but thank you for that welcome @firebombmarkus
     =) 
  • firebombmarkus
    Options
    No problem, you are welcome everywhere 😊 @DroneDome
  • lstevens5
    Options
    Thanks for the response @DroneDome . It seems that you are a level designer so maybe you can help me understand the level release schedule better. I mainly use iOS to play but I have an Amazon Fire device with 1140 levels and it seems like some people on Android have up to 1180 available. Are new levels released at different times based on the platform? How many levels and how often can I expect new ones to drop on iOS? Thanks for your help.

@firebombmarkus Thanks for your response. Maybe you could chime in on the questions above if Mr. Drone is busy creating new levels 😜
  • firebombmarkus
    Options
    Hi, again 🙃 @lstevens5 I will tell you what I know and if @DroneDome have something to add they will do it eventually. Android and iOS device have fewer levels because they require some permissions to be approved before releasing the levels. Windows 10 doesn't require those permissions and that's why they are always ahead with new releases. I am not sure about Amazon Fire though. Which OS it runs? 🤔
  • lstevens5
    Options
    @firebombmarkus Thanks for the info. I believe the old Amazon Fire phone has its own Fire OS, which is kinda garbage. Many apps need to be sideloaded onto the device but I know that Candy Crush games were definitely available in the Amazon AppStore. I was just curious because new levels seem to be released earlier on that device but now that you have explained, it makes sense. Thanks again. 

• DroneDome
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @lstevens5 and @firebombmarkus
    Hi! Absolutely, just ask away anything that comes to mind. I'm happy to answer these things.

When we create the levels we try to tune them to the planned difficulty as accurate as possible, using both a feel for the difficulty, testing them, but also using various tools to measure. We then release one or two episodes earlier on Windows and Amazon to see if these difficulties are accurate with what we planned for(they usually are ;) ) and then we release the same levels on iOS and Android with any necessary tweaks. This provides us great insight and enables us to tweak levels a lot faster. We can also monitor and push these levels faster this way(on any platform), simply for the sole reason that we want our levels to be fun and not frustrating. :)
  • lstevens5
    Options

@DroneDome That explains a lot. Thanks for the insight. That also explains why I would occasionally get 40 new levels on that Amazon device some weeks. So one should expect 20 new levels per week on iOS and Android devices?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?