Bookworms

firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 4,806 Superstar
edited March 28 in Off-Topic
Hello, guys, ๐Ÿค— I hope you are enjoying your mornings/afternoons/evenings/nights wherever you are. I like to read good books when I have some spare time. I will share with you some of my favorite books.

One of them is definitely "The Shack" by William P. Young. I read it several times and it's always an illuminating experience. Also, all the books from Khaled Hosseini ("The Kite Runner", "A Thousand Splendid Suns", "And Mountains Echoed") are masterpieces but very difficult to bear and heartbreaking. "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden is a rare example that I like a book and a movie too, they are both great. Although, there are always some hidden gems in books that can never be projected properly into a movie. And the last one I want to share with you is "The Little Prince". This is the book I always come back to when I forget who I am. The only book I carry around with myself wherever I go. It's simple yet complex and I love it because of that. Thank you, Little Prince ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Now it's your turn. I want to know what book are you reading or you read and enjoyed, what have you learned from them and did they change you somehow. I am looking forward to seeing your responses ๐Ÿค—

"If you don't see the book you want on the shelf, write it."
Beverly Cleary
You can find out more about our Superstars here

The only way outside is inside. Namaste ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
Prev1

Comments

• mysticalmystymysticalmysty Posts: 6,240 Legend
    Good morning @firebombmarkus I used to love to read not so much anymore. The last book that I read was Pachinko by Min Jin Lee, btw I love Memoirs of a Geisha and Kite Runner. 
    Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.      
  • firebombmarkusfirebombmarkus Posts: 4,806 Superstar
    That's nice @mysticalmysty I have phases when I read a lot and then I have phases when I don't read at all, but I enjoy reading and taking that time for myself.

• AlansmartAlansmart Posts: 1,171 Superstar
    Cool topic @firebombmarkus, fingerprints of the gods by Graham Hancock, any of zechariah sitchin's writings are two that come to mind quickly

Keep calm and crush on  ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿ”จ

Alan Smart ๐Ÿ
    Nice choice @Alansmart I have actually heard about these books but never read them. Maybe it's time to put them in to be read list ๐Ÿ˜Š 

• Sukanta_BiswasSukanta_Biswas Posts: 3,339 Legend
    @firebombmarkus after college life i never read any book  =) but i want to read the ghost story 

Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday. ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŽฎ
    Well you can always search for a book, it cannot hurt ๐Ÿ˜‰ @Sukanta_Biswas

• Sukanta_BiswasSukanta_Biswas Posts: 3,339 Legend
    @firebombmarkus actually i have very short time for Entertainment  :3

Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday. ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŽฎ
    You should take time for that, life is not that serious anyway. It's a game, like the games we play, so why won't we enjoy it? @Sukanta_Biswas

• QueenMiaQueenMia Posts: 3,631 Community Manager
    That's a great topic idea, @firebombmarkus :awesome: The Little Prince is also one of my favourite book and I actually have it in 4 different languages :tongue: I also really like the Alchemist of Paolo Coelho... I'm reading everyday, even if it's just a few pages! I love thrillers, but also fantasy and books about life, nature, history... anything that can teach me something.

At the moment, I'm reading about Naturopathy as I want to learn more about it and a book about trees, simply called: The secret life of trees! Before that, I just finished a booked about the guy who swam the whole Amazon... Crazy ;) 

Keep sharing!

Welcome to the King Community!
    Check our Discussions Section to find out how to win Gold, Boosters or goodies!

Beat my score at Candy Friends and win Free boosters - Here
    Candy Friends - Imagine the next outfit and win 20 Gold bars - Here
    Let us know what's your fav place to play your fav Bubble game and win Gold - here
    BW3 - Beat my score and get Free boosters - Here

edited March 28
    Thanks for joining the thread @QueenMia I really like your choices, especially the book about trees. I am that introverted weirdo you might see alone in the park, reading a book while enjoying the trees, trying to communicate with them ๐Ÿ˜ I have The Little Prince in English and Serbian, but you never know when you can find a new one ๐Ÿ˜‰

• marscrushinitmarscrushinit Posts: 1,410 Legend
    Hi @firebombmarkus. I'm a huge bookworm and the shack is one of my favorite books too. Just gone done reading for 3rd time. I also really liked drowning Ruth and the invention of wings. Have you seen the shack movie yet ? 
    Keep crushing it ๐Ÿญ
    Hi @marscrushinit Thanks for sharing this with us ๐Ÿ˜Š I've seen the movie twice and I like it, but I have to admit I like the book more. Although I am positively surprised by the approach they had with the movie as I thought it could be too commercial and therefore lose its sense. 

I agree @firebombmarkus. I liked the book better too but did think the movie was well done. It stayed true to the book for the most part . It was an easy read. I also enjoyed the book girl on a train . It was s great psycological thriller but I thought the movie was boring. 
    Keep crushing it ๐Ÿญ
    I didn't read the book nor the movie @marscrushinit When I was younger I was choosing the books but now I am sure that they actually choose us so I don't push it, I am just patiently waiting for books to appear. You would be surprised how many times it happened to me that I have a book collecting dust on a shelf for years but then I just got an urge to pick it up and start reading. They always come when we are ready for them.

Same @firebombmarkus. I always find the best book when I'm not even looking for it ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Keep crushing it ๐Ÿญ