🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Rachel's Rainbow Candy Power

Options
flew66
flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
edited October 2019 in Discussions
  • Our new friend Rachel's Rainbow Candy Power seems a bit confusing at first. It takes some practice to learn how to use her Rainbow Candy effectively. After completing the Part 1 of the Quest twice (on mobile and Win10), I think I understand how to use her power a bit better now. This is my own understanding of the Rainbow Candy and by no means being official instructions. There may be mistake in my understanding. Please feel free to comment.

• The Rainbow Candy will make 4* clones of the candy you cross it with. 
  • If you grab the Rainbow Candy and swap it with the adjacent candy, there will be 1 space gap (where the original candy sits) and 4* clones will be produced in the same direction of the swap.
  • If you grab a candy and swap it with the Rainbow Candy, 4* clones will be produced next to the Rainbow Candy (no gap) in the same direction.
  • The clones will be of the same color and type of the original candy. If you cross Stripped Candy, the stripe attack direction will be random.
  • The cloned stripped candies, wrapped candies, color bombs and coloring candies will be detonated immediately.
  • The Rainbow Candy clones will NOT be extended into blockers. If you swap the Rainbow Candy towards a blocker, no clone will be made after it hits and clears a single blocker.
  • Plan the swapping direction and the spacing carefully, the Rainbow Candy is useful in creating Coloring Candy / Color bomb.
  • Please add your findings to the list. I hope this will help you to complete the quest and enjoy the game better.
*corrected quantity of clones

Comments

• wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I was thinking we needed to make this thread too, @flew66! These are all my understanding as well based upon playing on my iPhone on regular levels.

—I went back to levels 159-168? To practice

—my experience is that you get 4 candies in a row when you switch just 1 regular candy, thereby making a striped candy. You could also end up making a wrapped candy but I don’t understand this very well. These do *not* detonate immediately like when you cross the rainbow candy with a special candy. 

—if you think about making a line of candies, look what is at the end of it. Also look at what is before it. For example, if you switch a yellow candy to make a line of 4 yellow candies, you could very well end up with a color bomb if the last candy is yellow. You could end up with a coloring candy if you look there too. 

—Rachel does hit blockers and take out a layer if you swap the rainbow candy with a regular candy.  

—Rachel will also jump over holes/spaces in the board if there is less than 3 or 4 spaces between. This is great for hitting things like a random octopus left floating out there or those spots where they give you the color bombs and fish that you usually have to find a way to hit with other fish or striped candies. Also great for spread the jam! 

—mixing the rainbow with the coloring candy seems to clear the board of 3+ layers of blockers. 

Still working on finding more...just thought I would share these because The rainbow candy is pretty awesome with just regular old candies too. 🌈🍭
  • wafercookieflippers
    wafercookieflippers Posts: 4,637 Legend
    Options
    —one more cool thing! So far, anything Rachel “creates” seems to go towards the quest counts! If you use her to make purple candies, those go towards a quest where you need purple candies. If you use her to make striped candies, those count towards a striped candy quest. So imagine how helpful she will be on quests for candy bombs and coloring candies! Woot. 😉
  • Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,831 Sweet Legend
    Options

This time I have the Rachel Challenge for the first time and was amazed at the rainbow stone. I don't read anything. I like it if I can find out the new items myself with these functions. This is fun and the surprise is even bigger. I always like to try something new without reading. Just like a surprise egg. Fun & games & being surprised with joy !!

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,882 Friends Moderator
    Options

I got a nice surprise when I swapped adjoining rainbow candies --a major explosion!

• johnston54
    johnston54 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
  • AkumaXX
    AkumaXX Posts: 464 Level 3
    Options

Did they update her ability? I remember that the candy was too weak.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?