1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Rare diseases awareness month

Options

Comments

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 151,108 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options

You are welcome and thanks for your answering! Take care you and your family! @Sharon_Loose 💕🤗

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Thanks @Sharon_Loose sorry to hear about your mom, that must have been so hard for you and your dad. As difficult as it is for us, we have to remember how difficult it is for our love ones, it really takes it’s toll on them as well.

My children have taken this very hard, it’s not easy to watch your mom suffer every day and not being able to do anything to help ease the pain. They feel bad when they think I’m in pain because of them, it has taken years to get them to understand it’s not because of them, they are not at fault, but I think they still blame themselves.😢 They are wonderful kids and they help a lot 🥰

• fabke
    fabke Posts: 3,970 Pro Player 👑
    edited February 2021
    Options

Thanks for sharing your heavy story, it's hard to read, mine is about my depression.

Operated at 8 years old, wet in my bed until I was 12. I came from a difficult childhood. I had an eating disorder (binge eating). At the age of 27y I went to the therapist once a month, but that was not enough. At the age of 30y I was admitted for 6 months. An eating disorder was first diagnosed and then at BPD (Borderline personality disorder). Medication does not help, cognitive therapy does. It's because of my age, family history, school, friends, work, and my genes. I have problems with social interactions due fear and neurosis. The only "risk" is that if I fall into a deep depression, that I will harm myself or do suicide. Living with myself is not easy, my signs started showing around age 14, I went out every weekend, impulsivity, risky behavior, emotional instability, feelings of worthlessness, insecurity, impulsive destructive behavior, disrupted social relationships, separation anxiety, unstable self-image, self-harm and mood swings. Eating lots of sweets, fast food, drinking alcohol and taking drugs. I didn't care about the consequences, even though they now affected me as an adult. When I was 16 years I wanted to kill myself. I had about 10 admissions to the psychiatric clinic (in 20 years). Now I am addicted to sleeping pills (benzos). You go from one addiction to another, through the pills (they work 24 hours) and I go out with booze I fall a lot. I am now on epilepsy medication. I sleep a lot and play King games.

Well-known BPD are: Amy Winehouse, Lindsay Lohan, Angelina Jolie, Princess Diana, etc ...

Thanks for the tag @Diamond Lim

• Diamond_Lim
    Options

Thank you for your sharing! I promise you and I am not laughing at you. So I hope you are staying safe and healthy! @fabke 💕😊

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

@fabke

Thank you for sharing what must have been very difficult for you. There seem to be so many in this Community with different health and other issues and that's what makes it special. You are very brave whether you know it or not. Pray you keep safe and strong.

• CassD
    CassD Posts: 18,516 Level 5
    Options

@Sharon_Loose

Thank you for sharing about your Mom. It must certainly have been very tough for you and your Dad. My Mum's spine collapsed because of osteoporosis and my sister and I had to care for her.. It certainly took its toll on both of us.

My sister suffered from ideopathic pulmonary fibrosis, diabetes, fibromyalgia plus other things and finally renal failure. I count myself blessed and consider my own health problems minor when compared with theirs.

• Nat09
    Nat09 Posts: 12,561 Pro Player 👑
    Options

Dear @fabke thank you so much for sharing your story and shining a light on mental health. You my friend went through a lot and are still going through a lot. It must be very difficult living with this disorder but you are doing it, you are a strong person and are fighting hard like all of us 🥰 I went through a major depression back in 2015, I know it’s not close to what you are going through but I remember the feeling and it’s not just hard mentally but it hurts physically as well, so I can’t even imagine the pain you feel, that’s why I know that you are a strong person to be able to live with your disorder. Stay strong, one day at a time, that’s how we get through it 😊 I’m sending you a big hug, stay strong and safe, Nat. 😘🐰🦓

• fabke
    fabke Posts: 3,970 Pro Player 👑
    edited February 2021
    Options

Thanks for your support @Diamond Lim @CassD @Nat09

I just read all your stories and courage for all of you. No fear!

I'm crying now, you give so much love and hope here. Playing King games makes me happier.

• Diamond_Lim
    Options

After I am reading, me too! @fabke 😌

• Sharon_Loose
    Sharon_Loose Posts: 1,900 Level 5
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?