🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Getting to know you ....

Options
ShannaSkywolf
ShannaSkywolf Posts: 714 Level 3
Getting to know all about you... (everybody sing it!) 🎵🎶❤🤣

Hi everybody!  Just a friendly, fellow candy crusher who wants to know about you. Tell me and our awesome community about yourself.

I'll start it off.  I live in Texas and am 39. I am married to a wonderful husband for 7 + years, who is sighted.  I am legally blind due to two retina diseases, Retinaopathy of Prematurity (ROP) and Retinitus Pigmentosa  (RP). I have pretty good up close  vision, about a foot and can only see through a small window in my right eye due to damage from  a retinal detachment. 

I like to play candy crush friends on my phone and I just started replaying candy crush on my pc. 🍬🍭💖

Aside from playing candy crush games, I am an online psychology/sociology student who wishes to become a licenced counselor.   

Beyond my candy crush addiction, I like to create peices of artwork and watch movies. 

This is a peice in progress .... its oil paints and pen. 

I tell people that the only thing I can't do is drive a car, but we can tape my cane to the front bumper and I bet I can drive by braille!!😎🤣

Enough about me, let me hear about you!! ❤🐺

Comments

• Acv
    Acv Posts: 650 Level 5
    Options
    Hi @ShannaSkywolf nice to meet you.  I have been married to my husband for 14 years.  I work for the West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services and I used to be the counselor for the blind and visually impaired.  It is amazing what technology is out there to allow people to live normal lives.  I have a 13 year old son.  He has autism, mild CP and CVI (cortical vision impairment).  Hope you are connected with vocational rehab in Texas and they are helping you with your college degree.  By the way the owl is wonderful.  
  • ShannaSkywolf
    Options
    Hi @Acv, it's a pleasure to meet you! That's amazing to read about your work with the Rehabilitation Services of wlwest Virginia and about you son!   Also, congrats also on 14 +years of marriage!  Yes, technology is amazing! My best friend is Microsoft's full screen magnifier and my samsung CCTV (can view books on a monitor, enlarged). Yes I am connected with DARS in Texas and they have helped me a lot! Thanks for your kind words on my owl... it's taking me ages but am grateful I can still create art!  

Candy crush has become a good friend of mine for eye exercise!  
    It's great to get to know you, Acv! Looking forward to kanye more conversations as the months progress!  Have a great night and a super week!❤🐺
  • rkchadalavada
    rkchadalavada Posts: 80 Level 3
    Options
    Hi @ShannaSkywolf i am from India. You are great. using technology for improving your interests is good. Candy crush is a good friend for every player
  • rkchadalavada
    rkchadalavada Posts: 80 Level 3
    Options
    Hi @Acv your job is good for Division of Rehabilitation Services and counselor for the blind and visually impaired. yes you are correct  what technology is amazing out there to allow people to live normal lives.
  • ShannaSkywolf
    Options
    Hi @rkchadalavada, great to see you around the boards! Thanks for your kind words of reply! I think you are a great person too! Yes, technology is amazing and candy crush is a faithful friend to everyone! 

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to getting to know you on the boards! 

Have a great morning and a super week! 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?