🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

What is an ecosystem?

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,695 Sweet Legend

One day as Tiffi is walking through the community she overhears some players talking about “ecosystem” and “National Earth Day”. In all of her 8 eight years she never heard of ecosystem before. When she gets home she will have to do some googling. Suddenly her phone starts beeping, and she sees a couple of text messages from players needing her help with the game. Off she goes!

It takes her no time to help the players clear their levels. She looks at the time and since it’s still early she decides to stop by the candy store to say hello to her father.

“Hi Dad, what’s up?” asks Tiffi. “I went to the community earlier today and I overheard some people talking about an ecosystem and National Earth Day. What is an ecosystem Dad?”

Mr. Toffee just shakes his head in wonder. His daughter may only be 8 years old, but her mind is always thinking, and she is so eager to learn. 

“Well Tiffi, I don’t know too much about it, but I can share with you what I do know,” says Mr. Toffee.

‘The ecosystem is the structural and functional unit of ecology where the living organisms interact with each other and the surrounding environment. In other words, an ecosystem is a chain of interaction between organisms and their environment. The term “Ecosystem” was first coined by A.G.Tansley, an English botanist, in 1935.’ (Source

Tiffi thinks that she might understand what her father is saying but she will have to do some googling to get more details. 

“What does it have to do with National Earth Day?” questions Tiffi. 

Mr. Toffee explains to Tiffi what he knows about the national day. He tells her ……… 

‘Each year on April 22nd, National Earth Day campaigns around the globe promote ways to save the Earth. Since its inception, the organizers promote events educating the public about a variety of subjects including climate change, air pollution, water pollution, erosion, recycling, composting, renewable fuels and power, carbon footprints, efficient cars, rain forests and ecosystems.’ (Source)

There’s that ecosystem word again! Tiffi definitely has a lot of googling to do when she gets home. She tells her father that she’ll see him later.

Let’s continue - Tiffi does some googling

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?