🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Let’s learn how to use a yo-yo

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,687 Sweet Legend
edited June 2021 in Candy Friends Stories

It’s been a couple of weeks now since Elsa posted her last story. She has no clue what story to create next. She decides to go online to check out National Days for June 2021.

“Wow! National yo-yo day,” exclaims Elsa. “I haven’t used a yo-yo since I was a child. I have to find out more about this national day.

‘Every year on June 6th, we recognize the fun holiday, National Yo-Yo Day. The day celebrates the iconic stringed toy that generations have enjoyed. June 6th is the perfect day to get out your yo-yo’s and try your hand at The Sleeper, Walk the Dog, Shooting the Moon, Around the World or Hop the Fence.

The yo-yo is an object consisting of an axle connected to two disks and a length of string looped around the axle. It is played by holding the free end of the string, allowing gravity or the force of a throw to spin the yo-yo and unwind the string, then allowing the yo-yo to wind itself back again. The activity is called “yo-yoing.”

It is believed the yo-yo was first invented in ancient Greece. A Greek vase painting from 500 BC displays a boy playing with a yo-yo.

The Yo-Yo in the United States - The yo-yo came to the United States through a young boy by the name of Pedro Flores. When he immigrated to the United States from the Philippines as a young boy, he recalled playing with a toy called a bandalore. The toy inspired Flores to create a business, and he called it the Flores Yo-yo. Between 1928 and 1932 the Yo-yo Manufacturing Company operated in Santa Barbara, California. Flores later sold his companies to Donald F. Duncan.’ (Source)

Oh no! Elsa missed out on this National Day! Just then her phone rings and it’s Tiffi calling.

“Hi Tiffi, what’s up?” asks Elsa. “I was just trying to come up with a new story idea. I’m at the National Day June 2021 holidays looking for my next story.” 

Elsa explains to Tiffi that she just missed out on the National yo-yo day. Tiffi asks what a yo-yo is. Elsa tells her how much she loved playing with her yo-yo when she was a child. She tells her to look on Google for yo-yos and she will get an idea of what it’s all about. 

“Hey Tiffi, how would you like to learn how to do yo-yo tricks?” Elsa asks. “I think that this might be my next story, even though I did miss the national day.”

Tiffi tells Elsa that she will check it out on Google and maybe they can set up a day to learn how to use it. Sounds like a plan!

Let’s continue - Tiffi wants to learn more about yo-yos

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?