🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Why? … But WHY?

_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,641 Sweet Legend
edited July 2021 in Candy Friends Stories

One day Yeti is relaxing outside and just enjoying the summer weather.  He is leaning against a tree as he plays his candy crush game. From out of nowhere he overhears a little boy asking his mother why?. The mother responds but the child is not happy with the answer so again he asks but why?.  The mother tries to explain it with more detail but the little boy keeps asking why?.  

Yeti looks up from his tablet as the two of them get closer to where he’s chilling out. Once again the little boy asks his mother once again …… but why?

Yeti chuckles to himself as he remembers when Jenny used to ask him that same question. He was sure happy when she outgrew that stage!

“Hi there, I hope that you’re enjoying your walk,” says Yeti. “I overheard your little boy asking you the why question and it reminded me of when my niece was that age and used to do the same thing.”

The mother is so totally frustrated and doesn’t know how to respond to her little boy anymore. She wants to know why children do that, so Yeti gives a brief explanation.

“Back then when my niece was doing it, I went online to see what I could find out about it,” says Yeti. “I found the best article - Why Do Children Ask Why.”

He begins to explain to her why children do that.

“Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” —Samuel Johnson

Have you ever wondered why children ask “why” so often?

Even as adults, we question the “why” of many things not in our control. For children, “why” questions help them make sense of the world around them that they are just beginning to learn about. These “why” questions also help spur and accelerate learning. Our adult responses are crucial and pivotal. So, the bigger question is: What is your response to the “why” questions?

Children’s innate curiosity plays a big part in their “why” questions. Their curiosity about the world around them helps to build concepts, skills, vocabulary, and understanding of the unknown.’ (Source)

That makes a lot of sense to the mother! But she is not sure that she can survive this stage. Yeti offers to help by suggesting that maybe he can meet with both of them here on another day and he can try to help him with his why questions. He explains that he loves googling so chances are he might already have the answer. If not, he can just look it up on Google! They make plans and then go their separate ways.

Let’s continue - Yeti helps the little boy with his why questions

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?