🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Strategy for BEGINNING of a CCFS game

Options
UncleBob2
UncleBob2 Posts: 126 Level 2

One strategy to begin a CCFS game to create MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION of the blockers as quickly as possible. For example this screenshot is of the starting situation at Level 690. The suggested move was to make a yellow fish with the 4 yellow candies on the upper left, but that would give only 1 level of destruction to exactly those 4 squares, or a total of 4 destructive impacts.

The less obvious move is to move the yellow candy over on the right down one square to match 3 yellow candies (black arrow). That move will result in the Cyan Wrapped Candy and the Cyan Candy beside it, both dropping down one row to match with the third Cyan candy, which will destroy those 3 candies and explode the cyan wrapped candy. So the total destruction for that move is 3 yellows + 3 cyans + 2 explosions of the wrapped candy which is a 3 cells by 3 cells destructive pattern for each explosion. So the total destruction is 3 + 3 + 2x(3x3)= 24 total destructive impacts.

For a multi-screen game, the MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION should be aimed at getting past each screen as quickly as possible to save the most moves for the final screen, which is usually more difficult. So for the first screen of Level 4538, I decided to move the orange candy up , which would form another Color Bomb but also simultaneously set off the orange striped candy which would destroy the first two rows of Pop Rock blockers.

That strategy worked, so I had two Color Bombs next to several Wrapped Candies to choose from for the next move. I chose CB + Blue Wrapped candy to have a more distributed set of blasts.

The result was a screen with only 1 octopus left. Since it only needed 1 level of destruction next to it, I matched the 3 red candies which brought down 2 yellow candies to match with the 3rd right next to the octopus and free it.

Using Maximum Destruction at first, followed by Targeted Destruction of the final octopus on the first screen , I could move on to the second screen with 27 moves and ultimately finish all three screens of Level 4538.

Comments

• UncleBob2
    Options

If you have the “watch ad video for an extra Color Bomb or Coloring Candy” offer right before beginning a game in CCFS, how many of you take advantage of that? Does it really work for you?

My partner and I have tried watching the video for the CB or CC that was inserted into the playing grid, but after several such tries we found that it was very hard to use it effectively because the possible moves are so limited at the beginning of most levels of CCFS. We usually had to combine the CB or CC with a normal candy beside it , and that seemed to have almost no beneficial effect on finally winning the level, so eventually we gave up on using the ad videos for the CB/CC at the beginning. Have you also had that experience or has that CB/CC offer worked out well for you?

• UncleBob2
    Options

Many of the levels of CCFS have a starting grid that has a very limited space to make different combinations of candies. Has anyone tried throwing a Wrapped Lollipop Hammer into the blockers in the center or bottom of the grid right at the beginning of a game in order to free up more work space for starting the game? The reason that might work for some levels is that they seem to be designed to “open up” at the very end and allow the player to make more destructive combinations of candies. It you throw a Wrapped Lollipop Hammer in at the beginning, you could accelerate the advance into that “opened up” phase of the game and be more likely to win. I have not yet tried this or collected systematic data on its effectiveness, but if anyone else has tried this strategy I would like to know how it worked for you.

• UncleBob2
    Options

To test the using a Wrapped Lollipop Hammer to open the playing grid at the beginning of a game, I played Level 4568 of CCFS 10 times, 5 times using a Wrapped Lollipop Hammer in the center to open up the playing grid early, and 5 times playing normally without using hammers.

The use of the Wrapped Lollipop Hammer on the first or second move of the game did seem to open up the playing grid much earlier:

The task was to spread jame and I always used Odus. The results were:

There were 81 squares that had to be covered with red jam and here was what happened:

Playing normally: (80/81), (74/81), (71/81), (70/81), (65/81).

Using Wrapped Lollipop Hammer: (77/81), (81/81)-win, (81/81)-win, (80/81), (81/81)-win.

The data support the hypothesis that for some levels of CCFS, opening up the playing grid with an initial strike of a Wrapped Lollipop Hammer can create a more successful game, in in this case a win in 3 out of 5 attempts where the hammer was used. Cheers!

• DGenevieve
    DGenevieve Posts: 1,749 Level 5
    Options

@UncleBob2

I’m super jealous of your lollipops collection and the Pumpkin Odus costume. That is actually a cute one.🎃

Hmm.. so for this level we’ll need a lollipop to pass. I guess I’ll see how it goes when I get there. Thanks.

• UncleBob2
    Options

@DGenevieve Hello! I was just exploring this possible strategy under controlled conditions to collect data to see if it really worked. But for those conditions to be as equal as possible, I did NOT have the Friendly Fish, Friendly Charge, or Friendly Coloring Candy boosters, and I did NOT use the “watch ad video” for the special candy at the beginning or the +4 extra moves at the end. So if you had any of those boosters or ad video advantages, this could be a relatively easy level for you to win! We find especially the +4 moves at the end will often make the critical difference in winning a level. So don’t be discouraged!

PS: I found that set of videos for each Level made by Queen Mia and Just Playing on this website, so if you do have problems on levels up to Level 2400, I can at least watch one of those videos for your level to see the situation and give more targeted advice. Cheers!

• DGenevieve
    Options

Hello @UncleBob2 ,

I’m currently stuck on 4535 so those videos are not much of a help to me now. However, they were quite useful in some contests back then.😄

Thanks for your clarification. I always use the extra moves when they’re available so it looks like I’ll need them this time too.

• UncleBob2
    Options

@DGenevieve here is a guide as to how I solved level 4535 when I backtracked and re-solved it this morning. Hope this helps!

• DGenevieve
    Options

Thank you @UncleBob2 . That’s very detailed.👍

I was finally able to pass the level with the help of a combo of coloring and charge boosters. I used the +4 moves as well.😃

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?