1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Leader boards

Options
hudus
hudus Posts: 532 Level 3
edited November 2022 in Discussions

Hi guys.

I dont know If i am doing right or wrong to open a new thread for such a topic, forgive me if i am doing wrong, but i wonder why dont they open any leader boards for the game play?

Such as we could have leader boards for highest levels, most points earned, most stars earned, highest number of levels achieved per week per month and on many other subjects.

Dont you think such feature could bring some competition and colour into the game?

I really would like to know your ideas about this.

Comments

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 38,573 Friends Moderator
    Options

Hi @hudus, do you mean here in the community?

Here are threads where you can get badges for your community profile:

- Score clubs for 100k, 300k, 500k and 1 million points

- Limbo Club

- Milestone Clubs

- reached the end of the map

and much more.

Is that what you mean?

• hudus
    Options

No i mean in game play. There should be leader boards for who make the highest scores in game. Im not talking about badges or whoever reached the level 1000 2000 etc clubs. These leader boards could be displayed in a separate box in game

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 38,573 Friends Moderator
    Options

Mhhm, what added value is that supposed to bring? 🤔

• hudus
    Options

The active time of players would double up if there was such feature.

• ElenaVorona
    ElenaVorona Posts: 1,825 Level 3
    Options

Once upon a time, I was also interested in these lists and tables. I also really wanted to know who the best players in this game are and what results they have achieved. But I wanted to see these lists here (in one of the Community topics), and not in the game.

But then I realized that no one would form these lists. There are several reasons for this. There is no point in listing all the reasons. And I don't know all the reasons. I can only give a few options.

For example. We are constantly told in the community that players are divided into groups, which may differ in the set of features or events available to them. From this I draw a conclusion. The game does not have a single server to which all players are connected. There are many servers, each of which manages its own group of players. Accordingly, statistics must be collected on each server separately, and only then brought together. For this to be implemented, it must be interesting to some enthusiast from the Studio. But this is unlikely.

For example. Leaderboards at the highest levels do not make sense at all. This game is played by millions of players. Tens of thousands of players (and maybe more) play at the maximum levels. They only have a few new levels per week. And they quickly pass them. The list of such players is huge. Why is this needed?

Why don't I want these stats to appear in the game? Because it will "weight" the software. (Programmers understand what I'm talking about.) CCFS has a lot of glitches without it, and often the player has to reload the game or re-login to get to the "actual screen". Uploading "databases" (lists) into the game will slow down the game and create additional problems for players (especially for those who do not have the most modern gadgets).

There are many arguments for and against your idea.

My short summary:

If such information appears in the Community, I think it will interest me. Directly in the game, I do not need such information (as a constant function).

I do not claim to be the ultimate truth. This is just my personal opinion. Of course, I want to hear the opinions of other players. It is possible that you or someone else will be able to change my mind.

(By the way, about increasing the gaming activity of players. Here I am also not sure that this function will work only in this direction. Because what is motivation for some, demotivation for others. All people are different.)

• hudus
    Options

Hi Elena :)

I am not talking about diving people in groups or leagues or etc. I am talking about one single leader boards. You are right about maybe highest level may not be good for keeping a board but most stars earned or highest points gained will bring a big excitement for this game, thats my opinion ofcourse.

I used to play Clash of Clans in past. The game was storming the world. Everybody were playing. We all had clans and battles etc. I was in top 10 players of the game for some time. I remember the amount of energy that me and top players were putting in the game was enormous. Everyone was trying like crazy just to be on top of those leader boards.

• Minatozaki
    Minatozaki Posts: 804 Community Manager
    Options

@hudus , @ElenaVorona is trying to explain that players are divided within groups and servers. It's something that exists and cannot be changed. All this works, so there's constant improvement and adjustments whenever needed. Having a single leaderboard when players aren't facing the same challenges and adventures wouldn't be fair or cohesive, if that makes sense.

Just like you, I know Clash of Clans very well. It's a different kind of game with a different mindset. If you ask me, there were no groups; it was an unfair game, and everyone knew how rigged the matching was. Candy Crush is not as competitive or has the same gameplay that justifies the obligatory of a leaderboard. Either way, it wouldn't be a realistic leaderboard, not to mention how each country has different events based on its culture. Many elements justify it, and if you want my honest opinion, it makes sense for the best user experience.

Regardless, your opinion and feedback are always welcome!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?