🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

How can I get my game to where I can watch a ad for free lives?

Options
Minniemouse2023
Minniemouse2023 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited December 2023 in Support

I have a friend that can watch ads to get free lives, how can I do that?

Comments

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,564 Friends Moderator
    Options

Hi @Minniemouse2023 warm welcome.

You will receive advertisements for additional moves or boosters if you are assigned to the appropriate test group. You can't control it yourself, it's set by the studio, in so-called AB tests. 

You can read more about AB testing HERE. The interview is quite long. Please scroll down to the answer from Jessica, Data Scientist).

• Minniemouse2023
    Options

How long is the ads for free lives going to last?

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,816 Friends Moderator
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @Minniemouse2023 and Welcome to our Friendtastic community! Can you tell me which game you are playing with ads for free lives? Not all games offer them and their duration varies. Some players get lives, while others might get boosters or extra moves by watching ads. So, ads will not always be available and are not found in all players' games or on all devices.

• Minniemouse2023
    Options

I don’t get the ads for free lives on my game but my husband does. He can pass 20 levels in one night by watching ads, while I have to either pay for my extra lives or wait for them to refill! We started playing Candy Crush Friends together and now he is so far ahead of me, I’m losing interest in the game now.

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,816 Friends Moderator
    Options

@Minniemouse2023, As I mentioned before, not all players get the same features, and game features are not always available on all devices. Do you and your husband play on the same type of device? Do you play on King.com or Facebook?

Some players encounter issues that are related to their device instead of the game. So, here are some standard troubleshooting measures to try:

- Check the amount of free memory on your device. You need at least 2 GB.

- Check if there are updates to your CCFS app. If so, then run them. I have my games set to automatically update and am currently running version 3.7.4.

- Clear the cache (don't clear data!) on your device. We warn against clearing your data because that is where your boosters are stored.

- Force close all apps and then turn off your device. Keep it off for at least 10 seconds (some recommend a full minute) before restarting your device and launching your game.

Let me know if these tips help.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?