👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Game extremely slow and laggy on new phone

Options
2»

Answers

• Uncle_Nino
    Uncle_Nino Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

No offense man, but we're talking about an old game that ran perfectly on my old phone, and that thing was always overloaded with background apps and extraneous nonsense that bogged it down. I refuse to accept that my phone is the problem. There is a software issue in the game. No other apps show the slightest sign of running slowly.

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    Grumpy_Old_Man Posts: 582 Level 4
    Options

And I have seen a few topics where they have the same problem with Farm heroes and not other King Games.

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 38,573 Friends Moderator
    Options

@Uncle_Nino it is currently being investigated whether it is related to Android version 11. There are reports from all games (not only Candy Crush Friends) about it, then on Android 11 not everything works anymore or the game freezes. Many also report that it happens either with the sound or the music. 

Thank you for not giving up the game and playing on another device in the meantime.

I hope in the game studios the bug will be found soon and there will be an update. Unfortunately, I have no information on how long it will take.

• Uncle_Nino
    Uncle_Nino Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

@DieOmimi thank you for the information! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I will keep my eye out for further developments.

• DieOmimi
    Options

@Uncle_Nino you are the only one in Friends so far. 

The game with the most players is Candy Crush. There were also most of the clues. But this phenomenon has also occurred in Farm Heroes. We really have to wait and see what the support tells us. Then we can inform the players. I definitely keep it in my watch list. I can't predict when it will happen. 

To your understanding: The development tests different platforms and also older versions of Android and ios. Many players tend to have older devices. Some of the players do not have the financial means for new devices or they keep their old devices because many boosters have accumulated there or the old devices still work perfectly.

I, for example, have an Android device, which is 3 years old. It has a strong battery, does everything I need and I've worked out a lot of boosters in my games there. I just don't have a reason to replace it.

When I bought a new device, I first used up my accumulated boosters on the old device and at the same time accumulated new boosters on the new device (at Friends, for example, at Dachs Delivery Service). 

Thank you for your understanding. I will definitely get in touch.

• Grumpy_Old_Man
    Grumpy_Old_Man Posts: 582 Level 4
    Options

Hi @DieOmimi I have some interesting test results for you. There are four Samsung devices in my household, all of which I installed Candy Crush Friends Saga to test. From the fastest to slowest in gameplay is:

Android 11 with 16 GB ram

Android 9 with 4 GB ram

Android 10 with 4 GB ram

Android 11 with 3 GB ram

The two with 4 GB ram are both 3 years old and the other two are only a few weeks old. Obviously there would be differences in the CPU and graphics in each device ( which I can dig up if you want), but I decided to keep it simple. The things that stood out is that the more ram the better and that the newer the OS, the slower it ran. But because Android 11 was the quickest and slowest, obviously having more ram is much more important.

But because it runs PERFECTLY on Android 11 with heaps of ram, clearly there isn't an issue with the game itself. I dare say that there is some scope to optimize the game more for Android 11, but maybe that isn't what should be looked at first. More back to back testing is needed first.

• DieOmimi
    Options

Thanks for the information @Grumpy_Old_Man

I have older Andriod versions than you and 3 GB of RAM everywhere. The game still runs well on my device.

Let's wait and see what the studio says.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?