🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Missing out on events

Options
Solarwave
Solarwave Posts: 243 Level 3

hello. I have not gotten a chance to play events. The last time I had events was for the holiday event. Is there events happening right now that am not aware of? Is there a Dach's delivery service happening right now?

This is what it looks like for me.

Best Answers

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,514 Friends Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Solarwave Clearing the cache only works on mobile devices. On which device do you play? I can tell you how it works on my Android phone. But it works differently for each device. It is best to look at the description of your device (possibly on the Internet, if you have not received a manual for the device).

I just answered you another question, the troubleshooting steps are almost always the same. 

It is also important that you have a good and stable Internet connection. 

• DieOmimi
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Solarwave some information is stored in the cache to make the app load faster. Sometimes, when this information is too old and is not renewed, the app is satisfied with it and no longer asks for synchronization on the server. This can (but does not have to) be the cause of synchronization errors. You can think of it like a faucet. Over time, residues such as lime or small particles settle and if it is too much, little or no water flows out.

Clearing the cache causes the app to connect to the server and query and synchronize current events. As a result, the app starts a little slowly the first time after that, but is back to a good synchronization level. 

For example, I play on 2 devices. On one device I had this event with the milestone levels (laptop). This event did not appear on the phone. I restarted the app several times without success. It wasn't until I cleared the cache, completely turned my phone off and turned it back on after some time that the app resynchronized and the event appeared.

Currently I have Dachs delivery service and the milestone celebration. 

Answers

• Solarwave
    edited January 2022
    Options

I could edit the hello at the beginning, but I don't what things to get messed up.

@DieOmimi. Hi, this question is not answered I don't know why it says it was answered.

• MountainMom
    MountainMom Posts: 10,769 Friends Moderator
    Options

Hello @Solarwave,

There is an article that may help explain why you are not seeing special evrnts in your Friends game. Please see if this helps: Where are my extra challenges?

There are a number of events currently available on some devices in some areas, such as Dachs Delivery Service, Frosty Flurry Hurry, or others. Since you don't have any special events, have you tried the recommended troubleshooting tips? ...clearing your cache, checking for updates to the game, closing your app and restarting your device?

FYI -- your second post was treated like an answer. That is why your question appears as answered.

• Solarwave
    Options

@MountainMom, a bit of a dumb question but how do you clear cache?

• DieOmimi
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Solarwave Clearing the cache only works on mobile devices. On which device do you play? I can tell you how it works on my Android phone. But it works differently for each device. It is best to look at the description of your device (possibly on the Internet, if you have not received a manual for the device).

I just answered you another question, the troubleshooting steps are almost always the same. 

It is also important that you have a good and stable Internet connection. 

• Solarwave
    Options

@DieOmimi. Thanks, for your help because I got the Daily Quest resolved. What would clearing cache do?

• DieOmimi
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Solarwave some information is stored in the cache to make the app load faster. Sometimes, when this information is too old and is not renewed, the app is satisfied with it and no longer asks for synchronization on the server. This can (but does not have to) be the cause of synchronization errors. You can think of it like a faucet. Over time, residues such as lime or small particles settle and if it is too much, little or no water flows out.

Clearing the cache causes the app to connect to the server and query and synchronize current events. As a result, the app starts a little slowly the first time after that, but is back to a good synchronization level. 

For example, I play on 2 devices. On one device I had this event with the milestone levels (laptop). This event did not appear on the phone. I restarted the app several times without success. It wasn't until I cleared the cache, completely turned my phone off and turned it back on after some time that the app resynchronized and the event appeared.

Currently I have Dachs delivery service and the milestone celebration. 

• Solarwave
    Options

@DieOmimi, Sorry for asking but could uninstalling and reinstalling the game work if clearing the cache doesn't work?

• DieOmimi
    Options

@Solarwave this should be the last resort if nothing else works. Attention: if you uninstall it, all your boosters will be lost. Sometimes also the most recently acquired costumes or characters.

Do you have maybe two devices where you can make a backup on one device? Just so you can check afterwards if you still have all the costumes and your game progress. 

Game progression, gold bars and characters/costumes are stored on King servers and should not be lost. You have a King account, don't you?

Lollipops are stored exclusively on your device. They are definitely lost during an uninstallation. So if you still have lollipops, consume them beforehand.

From my own experience, I can tell you that uninstalling does not help to get running events afterwards. In the summer, I once did not have Dachs delivery service and took this step. It didn't help.

• Solarwave
    edited January 2022
    Options

@DieOmimi, thank you for your help. Since it appears that I did everything that I could to fix this issue, I'll just have to play the waiting game and hopefully it'll get back to it's former self.

• DieOmimi
    Options

Yes, @Solarwave, that's how I did it. After I realized that uninstalling and reinstalling didn't get me any further, I just kept playing, got the daily bonus, played quests and from the next update my game was back to how it used to be. However, with one difference, I don't get any more ads. But I can get over that. Costume events are now more important to me than advertising for 4 additional moves. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?