We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Candy Crush Saga Level 2229

Peter_Tornaros
Peter_Tornaros Posts: 2,096 Level 5

How ridiculous can you possibly get. 5 lives gone in less than 5 minutes. Cascading candies using up time. Exploding bombs, virtually impossible to eliminate in the time and turns available.

This level is an insult to every players intelligence. Whoever designed this farce should be severely counselled or consigned to getting the lunches. 

As usual this complaint will be ignored like all others and you will proceed with idiotic timed levels despite the constant and overwhelming criticism of them. The new episode Fuzzy Factory has 3 of them !!

Oops, sorry, it is only the new episode for some. Others are up to Level 2255 as your competent staff 'accidentally' released 'test' levels.

Answers

• Debbie-5
    Debbie-5 Posts: 303 Level 3
    edited January 2017

I know Peter, absolutely ridiculous.   I started the level with a color bomb and the wrapped/stripe boosters which seemed to help get things started.  As you know, the key to getting the score is to match a color bomb with a timed candy.  I was lucky enough that the another color bomb appeared so I used that to diffuse a bomb.  If you think this one is bad wait till you get to 2235.  I had to use gold bars and get the extra time on that one and still barely made the score.  I just cant understand why they continuely include the timed levels. Good Luck...

• Bruce_Hayward
    Bruce_Hayward Posts: 80 Level 2

Hello Debbie & Peter. Wait till you get to the third timed Level. (2240). Just finished it & it was not fun or challenging in any way. I got fed up with trying, so to pass, i started with a  speckled bomb, then a time extension plus purchased 3 UFO`s. I said previously, that when my hard earned Boosters are gone then i will follow. It`s getting close. Good luck with the remaining Levels.

King/Activision, if you are reading this. Fun has been replaced with Frustration. 

• Debbie-5

Hi Bruce, Yep, I know what you mean.  I play the sugar track daily just to earn boosters to play these ridiculous levels.  I'm not sure what has changed but something has and it appears the game is on a downward spiral. I believe a lot of players have dropped out.  Not much chatter going on here anymore.  As Peter mentioned, doesn't do much good to express opinions or concerns, no one really cares. 

• Peter_Tornaros

Hello Debbie & Bruce, I gave in and took your advice and started with a color bomb & wrapped/striped booster. Took me 2 lives but I got it with 3 stars. This is the stupidity of it, making you use boosters to solve levels.

You are absolutely correct in saying the game is on a downward spiral. I had dozens of friends that played, but now there is only me and another friend who plays spasmodically. Most of my friends are now playing solitaire or similar games that require at least a modicum of intelligence not just pure luck or the use of boosters, extra turns or time. 

As Bruce said when the boosters run out, I will also stop playing. I used to encourage friends to play the game, now I advise them to look for something better.

• Bruce_Hayward
    Bruce_Hayward Posts: 80 Level 2

Hello again Debbie & Peter.

Interest waning ?. I used to have a fairly big following on Social Media as i was always near the current end. Now no one is interested as they have moved on. All my Family members have long gone with the exception of one of my Grandkids who is mildly Autistic & is extremely good, He only started playing recently & needs me for a gate Key. However, he is at about Level 900 & keys are not needed for him shortly.

Reference to why i abhor the timed levels. 

1. I see these levels as a "Cash Cow" for King. 

2. I am 74. I have a bit of Arthritis in my fingers. Normally this is not a problem. But after forcing myself to move  a mouse quickly which causes my fingers to ache & consequently i need pain killers. I realise that it is not Kings fault that i have a problem, but what annoys me is the tide of comment against these Levels & still they come. 

• Peter_Tornaros

Well said, Bruce. I am 65 and my reflexes are not what they used to be, so I feel for you with the added burden of Arthritis. I have mentioned previously the problem of timed levels for those with handicaps. Apparently the powers to be at King/Activision couldn't care less.

• Debbie-5
    edited January 2017

Peter & Bruce;  Well fella's, I'm soon to be 64 and have the same issues.  The eye/hand coordination just isn't what it used to be.  Maybe Activision prefers to appease a "younger" audience.   Perhaps because they are more likely to go ahead & spend money on boosters needed to complete and advance on levels as opposed to taking the time to earn freebies playing sugar track.  If I were to guess, I would say the creators of the levels are very young.  I had many friends that played as well, but now I'm the only one playing. You know, I would like just once to come on here with no complaints and complement the creators, but we know that's not gonna happen.  I'm with both of you, when the boosters are gone, I will be saying adios as well.  Let me know if either of you find another freebie that you find challenging and enjoyable.

• Peter_Tornaros

I have now been playing Level 2235 for over a day and this is not fun anymore !!

• Debbie-5

Peter, I had to use the color bomb booster on 2235 and 2240.  Boosters...Boosters...Boosters, thats the key to success on this game.

• Lynette
    Lynette Posts: 6,622 Pet Rescue Moderator
    edited January 2017

Hello Peter, Bruce and Debbie,  I found some great tips for this Level on Korrine H blogspot here they are... 

Tips: the technique here is to unmask timed bombs in the separated right side (hit with horizontal damage candy). These will fall to the bottom then make matches with them with fresh candies from the same side.            

You need do these within a few moves upon opening, otherwise those timed will go off and your time will also expire. After that, make so much +5 candy matches so you have enough time cushion when the candies start transferring to the right side. 

Then continue collecting +5 candies and then remove the cream/icing. You need to have the timed bombs dispensed.         Then make matches with the timed bombs. Best if you can make color bomb combos with the timed bombs. This will shoot your score way up.           

Always collect +5 candies in between these moves as getting these moves done can take so much time.             

Be patient and always have enough time cushion on hand as you make your way up to 150,000 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHR7N-InJyQ

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?