⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

I didn't know where to put my Candy Crush Manifesto, But it needed to be shared. I wrote it 1000 lev

Options
Kevin_Wellen
Kevin_Wellen Posts: 1 Newbie

Candy Crush Keys to Problem Solving

Kevin’s Twist on Problem Solving: A 21st Century Approach to a 21st Century Skill

Remember problems in life, like in Candy Crush get more difficult the further you move forward.

If it can be solved through random moves, it wasn’t really a problem, at best it was an experiment in strategy.

You don’t often solve challenging problems on the first attempt.

Failure is not only an option, but generally an inevitability.

You don’t solve any problems you give up on.

Don’t annoy people by inviting them into your problem world if you don’t think they will enjoy the adventure.

A little competition is a good thing.

Keep an eye on those ahead of you and those closing the gap behind you.

Identify the goal: problems can appear the same but require a different outcome.

If you achieve the wrong goal, no matter how well you did, you haven’t solved the problem.

Most complex problems require a planned multi-step approach.

Take a step back and scan the problem before you start.

Don’t devote so much time to admiring the problem that your time slips away.

Solving the problem is the important thing.

Sooner or later repetition results in some steps become intuitive.

It is almost always better to attempt a problem before asking for help. (Save help for when you really need it.)

There is a reason you only get five lives at a time, it keeps you from obsessing.

If you can’t get the solution, take a break and come back with a refreshed mind.

Don’t pay for help if you can avoid it.

Asking for advice is different than asking for help. (You don’t have to take advice, but if you don’t take help you’ve asked for, it may go away or never be offered again)

If someone gives you help, return the favor.

At some point random dumb luck can make or break you success.

When obstacles beyond your control stop you from moving to the next problem, go back and perfect your previous solutions. (When the next level is under construction, get three stars on everything you have completed!)

This is a real application, not a rationalization for devoting too many hours to playing Candy Crush.

If it is a rationalization, the previous statement was a rationalization of a rationalization. (How often do you see that?)

Don’t be ashamed that you have solved many complex problems, that you are at level 2573, 2574, 2575, 2576, 2577. (Yes that is really my level…for now)

Don’t let the problems become your obsession, live your life and enjoy.

There is always “Words with Friends”! J

Answers

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    Options

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting your CC Manifesto. I enjoyed reading them!

Here's one for the collection: Take a step back and check YouTube before you replay the level :-)

Kind regards,

- Mark, Team King Care

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?