Can you explain why you're purposely robbing people of boosters for meaningless golden crowns?

Options
Brandon_Stanton
Brandon_Stanton Posts: 3 Newbie

It's beyond ridiculous and it's misleading as can be. People mistakenly think they're trading boosters for a shot at keeping the spaceships and helmets going and you did it for exactly that purpose, whether you'll admit it or not. It's a scam, plain and simple. I want all the boosters I've had taken the past few weeks over this greedy insanity. King used to be a decent company, but now it's simply scraping every single cent off of every single customer it can, just like every other greedy company.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,788 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Brandon, sorry for the delay in responding.  King is not making you purchase anything.  You choose to make that purchase.  I know that this is not the answer that you wanted and I also know that you really needed to vent more than anything else.  So if I am reading your message correctly you are saying that you are purchasing boosters in order to keep the spaceship and helmets going?  I don't do that.  If I lose it, I lose it but are you playing the sugar drop challenge twice daily to get free boosters?  That's how I collect my boosters so if you haven't tried it, that could be just one solution.  

• Brandon_Stanton
    Brandon_Stanton Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Nooooooo....I'm mad that you've put in a pop-up when you lose a level that asks if the GAME can take a booster to keep the CROWNS going. If the CROWNS are meaningless, which they are, you shouldn't be asking people to waste important boosters to continue trying to get meaningless CROWNS. It makes it seem like it's the spaceships or helmets that they are spending a booster to continue because common sense says there's no way the game would require us to give away boosters to keep something going that isn't at all valuable when the boosters are. I thought I was making that clear in the first question.

• _Elsa_
    Options

Brandon "I" don't do anything because I don't work for King.  I am a volunteer that spends her free time to come here to help the players with their issues.  If "I" was an employee and a programmer I would do things different.  Unfortunately, all I can do is read the messages and I do empathize with your frustration.  I am very glad that you were able to vent here and if you would like to express yourself further, you can complete the form here and let them hear your frustrations:  https://care.king.com/en/contact

• Rhonda_P_Kinchen
    Rhonda_P_Kinchen Posts: 86 Pro Player 👑
    Options

@Elsa

Hello... I'm just curious about something you said in your first response...you asked: "are you playing the sugar drop challenge twice daily to get free boosters"?  

What is the "Sugar Drop Challenge"??

I probably spend waaayyy too much money purchasing boosters, lol so if there's a way I can win boosters, I'd love to know how. I play on my Android Samsung Galaxy S10 phone and I make sure that I keep my game updated via the Google Play Store.

Is the Sugar Drop Challenge something that you can only get if playing CCS on a computer or on an iPhone?

This question & your responses were back in July 2018, so I realize that something may have changed & the challenge may no longer available.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Rhonda

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hi @Rhonda_P_Kinchen welcome to our community. The Sugar Drop Challenge no longer exists in the game. The studio would add a "C" to some of the levels on the map. When you got to that level you could see some candies with the "C" on it. If you matched those candies it would add points and then it would show up on an image like this. When you reached the 180 points you were given those free rewards. It was an event that lasted a few years so the studio decided that it was time to make some event changes. A lot of players were very upset that it was gone. I think though that it has kind of been replaced with the Build-a-Bot and maybe even the chocolate box which we now have.

I know that the events are mostly on mobile devices because more players are using mobile to play the game. As to which events you get, everyone gets different ones as they go through testing phases. So you might not get an event that a friend or relative has but you might get something else instead.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Rhonda_P_Kinchen Hi and welcome, The sugar drop feature is no longer in the game and other features have taken its place

Thank you

• Rhonda_P_Kinchen
    Rhonda_P_Kinchen Posts: 86 Pro Player 👑
    Options

@Elsa

Thanks for your response!!

Oh yes!! As soon as I saw the screenshot I remembered the Sugar Drop Challenge!! Thanks for that!! I wasn't happy that King got rid of that either.

Sorry for all of the questions..but I just want to make sure that I'm not missing out on something 😉

What is "Build-a-Bot" & "the chocolate box"? I'm assuming they're "events" or "mini games"?

I have posted a screenshot of all events available in my game

And...whats up with the "Beanstalk" event? If I'm lucky it may show up in my events every 3 or 4 weeks. You have the option of playing for free once every 24hours or you can play using 10 gold bars..after I use my free turn it always says you can play again (for free) in 24 hours..but it never stays around for the full 24..I've even set an alarm on my phone to remind me 5mins before my next free turn, but it's always gone.

I really wish that CCS had what I call "mini games" (or challenges) within the game like another of Kings games "Pet Rescue Saga" does..you can play every day to try and win free boosters..It sure would make the game alot more fun!! The mini games/challenges are especially wonderful when you're stuck on a VERY hard level, I guess it help me to re-focus. Honestly, I live for the Halloween mini games /challenges!! I just wished they had special events daily.

Thanks again!!🍭🍬🍭

• _Elsa_
    Options

I"m on my computer so it opens different than yours.

This is the chocolate box.

You have to choose one of the colors and then you can choose among the 4 which one to play with. Since it's in testing everyone who has it might be doing it a bit different. I can only play 2 per day but I've heard others say that they can play more in a day. Once you have all 4 completed then you get a reward.

This is the Build-a-Bot.

I'm not sure if everyone gets this or not. You have to clear a level on the first try and then you get the first reward added into your next level. Every time that you clear each level on the first try the rewards increase. If you lose a level at any time the rewards take you back to the first one again.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?