Updates to Sugar Drops

Comments

• bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 4,345 Superstar
    Hello @kellekarol and welcome to the community.  We only use English here is the community.  Can you please repost your question in English so we can answer your questions?  (You can use a translation app. if you need to).  Thank you.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh

Be sure to come check out the  Beginner's Corner and visit the lounge area 💕💕

If you are new to the community please check here for helpful info: Learn more about the King Community

💕Love Candy Crush Friends?  It's going to be Friend-Tastic ❄️ Find out more here for a chance to win 10 Gold bars!
  • kellekarolkellekarol Posts: 9
    hello how do I have the game new version..I'm with the old version .. thanks
  • DeryckDeryck Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭
    @bearwithme This is a King.com error that was reported since early October: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/comment/474258#Comment_474258

It's still not fixed, but from my experience, signing out and relogging into the King website refreshes the inventory. If a player remains in the window after collecting the sugar drops, the boosters count is frozen. Only the graphics for winning the boosters have disappeared. They should still receive their rewards though - I do.

At this point, I've given up on the graphic being fixed. Honestly, it should be a pinned announcement in the forums since many people continue to ask the same thing.
  • PounaweaPounawea Posts: 246 Community Manager
    Dear community,

Thank you @bearwithme and @Deryck for the heads up.  

I've reached out to the Studio requesting an update on their end so I can share the information with you.

Have a delicious day, Candy Crushers!

Welcome
    to the sweetest Community
    Would you like to participate, share your feedback and win Gold Bars? Sign up to our forum HERE in 2 seconds!

• PounaweaPounawea Posts: 246 Community Manager
    Dear community,

Let me please give you an update in regards to the Sugar Drop: 

First of all, connected to the information reported by @Deryck , please check out an update HERE.

Regarding the Sugar Drops, we might see some changes in the future although unfortunately, for now, I cannot share more details with you. Please be aware of the fact that with some of the changes that might come in the future, as with some other feature of the game, some players might also be part of a test group. I know this information doesn't bring anything new but I'll try to keep you guys up-to-date when possible. 🙂 

This is all I can say, for now, Candy Crushers. 

Have a delicious day and let's keep crushing!

Welcome
    to the sweetest Community
    Would you like to participate, share your feedback and win Gold Bars? Sign up to our forum HERE in 2 seconds!

• mercerikmercerik Posts: 2,909 Legend
    edited November 22
    Sugar Track

Sugar Track in the Wheel Of Power-Ups is a new feature that lets you track your
    Progress on how much Sugar Drops you've accumulated. Since this came out,
    Sugar Drops no longer appear in the Pre-Play Section of the Game.
    The new feature works like the Old Sugar Drops. You get rewarded
    once you've accumulated or filled each buckets as you play along.
    The nice thing about this new Sugar Track Sugar Drops feature is
    you have control of when you want to claim your rewards. You
    can claim the rewards individually or you can accumulate
    them till all the 5 buckets are full.
    Hope this helps!

Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times and good times.
    If you are going through hard times, have faith that good times are on the way.

From Star Wars Episode IX Teaser. (Converted from MP4 to GIF Format by: mercerik)

Candy Crush Saga Levels 5500 - 5900 on YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL7vu6Jj2SjF4LgrkaLxz08cSQEdGD0VA
    Lower Levels are also available on YouTube Playlists. Please visit my YouTube
    CHANNEL URL: https://www.youtube.com/c/merlstrom
    ^ For a second I thought the new method of sugar drops meant the old storeable rewards were back.
    Nope. I did a test and every single reward from the chests was a timed booster. 15 minutes, 45 minutes. Not even a gold bar or hammer like before. This new Sugar Track is even worse than before.

Back to collecting my sugar drops/boosters on King.com for the time being for me.
  • bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 4,345 Superstar
    Thank you for sharing the information @mercerik and @Deryck!  This is just a test and has not been made a permanent feature.  Obviously you both are part of the test group.  I am not in that group and based upon what you have said @Deryck - I am glad I am not .  I agree that being able to control when you use the timed boosters  (at least until the chests are full), however the studios are still pushing timed boosters.  If people do not like timed boosters - they need to continue to let their voices be heard - because it is becoming pretty clear that the studio definitely does like the idea of timed boosters (based upon the changes I have seen in the game.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh

Be sure to come check out the  Beginner's Corner and visit the lounge area 💕💕

If you are new to the community please check here for helpful info: Learn more about the King Community

💕Love Candy Crush Friends?  It's going to be Friend-Tastic ❄️ Find out more here for a chance to win 10 Gold bars!
    @bearwithme Oh wow, it didn't even occur to me it was a test feature since I thought everyone got it. Now I'll have to sacrifice and do another test to take a shot of all the chests opening at once. :(:) 2 emotions at once, oh boy.. the things I do for this community.. :)
    edited November 25
    Deryck said:
    ^ For a second I thought the new method of sugar drops meant the old storeable rewards were back.
    Nope. I did a test and every single reward from the chests was a timed booster. 15 minutes, 45 minutes. Not even a gold bar or hammer like before. This new Sugar Track is even worse than before.

Back to collecting my sugar drops/boosters on King.com for the time being for me.
    Hi there @Deryck !  Hi there @bearwithme !  

Whether it is the old or the New Sugar Drops System, it doesn't make a difference to me. I don't think it is worse than before. Instead of looking at it within the game, a player can now look it up and collect the rewards thru the Wheel Of Power-Ups in the Game Map. As far as the rewards, I have to work around the Timed Boosters so they don't get wasted. I think I mentioned previously that the rewards can be partially or wholly claimed which is nice. Let's give King Games credit when credit is due! 👏

From Star Wars Episode IX Teaser. (Converted from MP4 to GIF Format by: mercerik)

Candy Crush Saga Levels 5500 - 5900 on YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL7vu6Jj2SjF4LgrkaLxz08cSQEdGD0VA
    @mercerik Yeah, I was only referring to the rewards themselves being worse than before. I do agree it's nice you and I can now see and claim rewards when we wish. But I think those standard timed boosters are useless without any hammers, hands, or gold bars being among them. In my case the chests only contained timed color bombs, striped/wrapped, lucky candy, fish, and coconut wheels - and I rarely use those boosters in their standard form to begin with! lol
    Deryck said:
    @mercerik Yeah, I was only referring to the rewards themselves being worse than before. I do agree it's nice you and I can now see and claim rewards when we wish. But I think those standard timed boosters are useless without any hammers, hands, or gold bars being among them. In my case the chests only contained timed color bombs, striped/wrapped, lucky candy, fish, and coconut wheels - and I rarely use those boosters in their standard form to begin with! lol
    @Deryck&nbsp

I know that the Sugar Track Chests have different varieties of boosters which includes 1 or 2 Gold Bars, 1 Hand Switch and 1 Lollipop Hammer aside from the Color Bombs, Striped & Wrapped Candies, Fish and Coconut Wheels. I have to go back to my recordings. Unfortunately, I am quite busy with the holiday just around the corner. The upcoming changes on YouTube at the beginning of the year is pretty much getting me occupied with what I need to do. I tell you, I am not happy with the Coconut Wheels since they only appear in few levels. I find some of the fish to be dumb in some levels, making them useless because they always end up nipping the wrong items. 

• Kazza-3Kazza-3 Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    I’m part of this test group as well, and I guess it’s slightly better to be able to claim them when I want to, but it doesn’t change the fact that I still get mostly timed boosters. I haven’t seen a gold bar in months, and almost never see a switch.
    My main issues with the timed boosters are still the same.
    Most of the time I get boosters that don’t help on the level I’m on, they are for 2 or 3 levels on. At the higher levels it often takes me more than 15-30 min to move on so they are wasted. 
    When you get a timed fish, wheel or tick booster, it gives you only one at the start. And given the nature of some levels I end up being forced to use it early on when it isn’t very helpful. If you select these boosters yourself you (usually) get more dropping as you play; this doesn’t happen with the timed ones.
    I’m pretty resigned to the fact that timed boosters are here to stay. It’s been 6 months, & despite tremendous outcry here & elsewhere they are still here. 
    If they won’t change them back I wish they would give us a more even split of timed & regular boosters, like 50/50. And remove them from the treat calendar - those are often wasted because of when they pop up.

• TURK1412TURK1412 Posts: 12
    I don't like the changes at all. It causes extra clicks to find out what the old way used to tell us at a glance.
  • egabriel51egabriel51 Posts: 1
    The rewards for sugar drops used to be better. It seems that the game designers are just trying to get more money out of players.